Down the Rabbit Hole (2010)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hartleybun wrote:
The-Family-O wrote:
Trying to come up with a name is hard!
Ok, this is the choices:
Attila the Bun (hubbs)
Grissom (me-love CSI!!)
Fluffnicula (me, lol)
Sir Hopsalot (me)
Lestat (hubbs)
Fluffsfuratu or Bunsfuratu (me, we like vampires and he looks like he has a cape on lol)

I think that's it. i will let you know what we agree on.

if it was me then i would have to choose from the above - the only one i would probably discard is Lestat - bunny would have to be tall with blond hair and blue eyes with a french accent:p

as long as you dont mind it being yelled across the vets' waiting room! - mine call the animal not the owner:)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

It's a toss up between Sir Hopsalot and Grissom....

I think I might call him Grissom, since he left CSI, I need a way to remember him and all the good times (lol, kidding!)

OK, so the results are in. His name is *drum roll*.......

[align=center]Oreo.
[/align]
My oldest daughter said he looked more like an Oreo, and I would have to agree, lol.

Pictures to come of our newest bun family member: Fred the BunBun. We need to research to see what kind of bun he is, but he is my son's (and mine while he is at his dad's house) birthday present.

The best part of having the bunnies has been teaching the kids how to care for, what not to do, and to be caring of those around them (not screaming, arguing, running, etc). I have noticed a huge difference in their attitudes since these babies came into the house :)

Oreo`s great,yeh very easy to forget the poor vets have to shout out their names ! bet sometimes they just call out the owners name LOL:biggrin2:

Holy cow! I feel like I never have a chance to hop on here for even a few minutes right now.
But the family is doing well regardless.

Oreo is doing much better, and he is so good about getting his nails done. Although recently he has decided it is a good idea to knock over the boards I put up to keep Reeses and Pepper Ann from fighting. I also don't think he was neutered, and I'm not really happy about that. If he wasn't, just say so, the whole lying thing is just not cool. Which brings me to....

....I think Pepper Ann might be pregnant. I found a vet 15 mins from me that does house calls. He is awesome. He has been in practice for over 30 years and has seen rabbits for as long (and he answered all the questions correctly, so he will be my new vet!). I'm making a house call appointment for next week, because I get a discount if he sees all my animals at once. We will see. If she is, I will probably keep them. I have gotten the 'we will take one for the kids on easter' statement like a bajillion times. And I've said 'uh, no'. Which has led to some dirty looks. Oh well. If I do find homes for a few, expect some new members, because it will be mandatory that they join!

Reeses has gotten SO much better. She will now come to the door and readily runs out when you leave her door open. o much better than the running away she had been doing. She favors my husband, who claims he doesn't like rabbits. I have pictures that prove otherwise though lol.

Fred is, well, Fred. he causes trouble when he can, and needs to be fixed asap. he's also making this buzzing noise. But only while in his cage and hopping back and forth because he wants outoutout!! But he only does it towards me. Any advice on this one? lol

We might be adopting another bun - a mini lop named Zoe. We meet him on Monday, and I am totally excited! My husband said 6 is my limit, and I said ok fine. I think he's being pretty good about my buns, and he has warmed up to them a lot (he has even laid on the floor to play with them!).

My kids are awesome with the rabbits, even my 3 year old terror lol. She knows that Fred is the only one she can pet through the bars and will sit and quietly sing to them. All the girls are good for that and they all seem to like it :) I'm actually in the process of making and printing signs to post around the rabbits, so that there are 'reminders' for them. We even made a sign for the gate that reads 'step lightly, rabbits at play' when it's up. Right now they are learning how to feed them with supervision. My son wants to do more with his rabbit (Fred), so I told him he can start feeding him and giving him hay (he sits next to Fred with his fingers in the cage petting him, and Fred will fall asleep. That bun LOVES him. If he's out, he will follow my son around).

I think that is it for now. I will have to resize and post some pictures up :)

Ugh. I have no time for the computer lol.

We will have a new member to add to our family as of the 12th of this month. We will be adopting our last bun for awhile, his name is Zoe (the mini lop I mentioned up there somewhere). He is SO cute. I love him.

I meet him and his mom at the vet to watch him have his teeth clipped (they grow crooked poor baby) and bring him home.

SO EXCITED!

In other news, I'm not able to be on much due to a family member being very ill. I hope to be on more in awhile, but for now I'm helping his daughter to care for him. This has been a long hard road, that he feels is coming to an end soon (he is in the last stages of AIDS and stomach/lung cancer), and it has been a very emotional roller coaster of how and what and whys. We all love him very much, so we are trying our best to make him feel as comfortable and loved as possible.

If you could just pray for my niece and her father, I would appreciate it. And I know she would as well.

Thank you. :pink iris:

Love your pictures. We are getting our newest addition Superbowl Sunday. Can't wait.
Lilli 2 is coming home. We will definitly post pics when we get her. We feel like proud parents bringing home a new baby.

:pray: cancer has gotten most of my family. prayers and good wishes coming your way.

on a lighter note - love your avatar pic! also my hubby wont admit to being soft on the bunnies either. must be a man thing:p

BunnyLovers wrote:
Love your pictures. We are getting our newest addition Superbowl Sunday. Can't wait.
Lilli 2 is coming home. We will definitly post pics when we get her. We feel like proud parents bringing home a new baby.

Aw, thank you. I actually need to upload more onto photobucket so I can post them. I don't think I've posted Fred the BunBun up yet!
Aw, I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby. I think it is a lot like bringing a baby home :)

hartleybun wrote:
:pray: cancer has gotten most of my family. prayers and good wishes coming your way.

on a lighter note - love your avatar pic! also my hubby wont admit to being soft on the bunnies either. must be a man thing:p

Thank you so much.

i couldn't figure out a good avatar pic, so I figured that pretty much sums me and my life up lol.

Yeah, my husband has now started putting pictures on his phone and will do baby talk to Reeses. I know he totally loves HIS rabbit LOL

pictures062.jpg

pictures075.jpg

pictures076.jpg

Here is Fred the BunBun. The one picture is with my son, cause Fred was his birthday present. He has gotten so good with him! And you can tell Fred loves him cause he will follow him everywhere. One of these days I will be able to get a picture of my son and Fred chilling on his bed lol

Rashel wrote:
When do you bring Zoe home? We want pics, lol.
Congrats on your new bunnies!

I bring Zoe home the 12th of this month!!!! I'm SO excited!

Thank you :)

This was a picture taken about 5 seconds before Oreo and Pepper Ann binkied at the same time, then proceeded to knock into each other, shake it off and take off again lol
CIMG0009.jpg

Fred on the run hahahahaha
CIMG0012.jpg

A few pictures of my husband 'not liking' the rabbits :p
CIMG0038.jpg

pictures150.jpg

pictures156.jpg

And this is Reeses drinking, I had tried getting her the way she was originally drinking, which was with each paw on each side of the water bottle. It was so funny.
CIMG0040.jpg

That's all for now!

Coming soon: my rabbit tattoo ;)

I think Fred might be a mini satin? not sure, but he looks like one. still researching, hopefully i come u with something though. I hate not knowing! lol

Fred passed away while I was out frantically trying to find pumpkin for him...

I don't even know what happened. We left to go away, and he was being cared for with the rest of the buns; and when I get back he's sick and passes away within a few hours of getting home. I feel so stupid. I feel like we shouldn't have gone away and maybe if we were here, I could have helped him and he would be better right now.

I don't know how to tell my son. Fred was his rabbit, he loved him and fred loved him back just as much.

:tears2:

This past week has been a roller coaster.

Upset about Fred, happy about Zoe & the ferrets. Moving in a few weeks and having to deal with that. Meeting the vet, and not really wanting to have to go through the round again trying to find another one as awesome as him.

Blah.

Yesterday, I picked up Zoe. He is so sweet. He has definitely stolen my heart. I love all my buns, they all have a special spot in my heart. But Zoe.....I think he is my heart, and I love him muchly.

pictures223.jpg

pictures245.jpg

pictures244.jpg

pictures242.jpg

Our cay, Fluffy, has decided he wants to become friends with Reeses. And they have actually ben out (supervised) together, and they seem to love each other. This is where Fluff spends his time 90% of the day:
pictures207.jpg

Yesterday, I went and bought a really pretty angel box for Fred's ashes. I cried while I sat in the store writing down what I wanted it to say. I filled it out for my son:
"Fred the BunBun
Beloved Furry Friend
Love, Jade"
I'm still at a loss, and feel like it's not fair to be happy about the new additions in our home. But, I know if Fred could tell us anything, it would be to be happy, and binky.

Tomorrow, we will be getting the last pets I will own ever (well, not ever, but ever for now). I swear. that doesn't include my husband's christmas gift, which hasn't arrived yet, cause he's isn't old enough to leave his mama lol
We will be getting 2 ferrets. Pinky & Brain lol.
This was a fluke actually. I had given up on ferrets, because I had been searching for over a year. but today I told my niece I would take her to the Humane Society to surrender a cat she had brought in from the storm we had a few days ago. I was standing there, and this woman walks in. With a paper bag and it was moving. I gave her probably the oddest look she had ever seen and said "I have to ask you what you have in the bag", and she put it down, and there were the cutest ferrets EVER. I told her not to surrender them, I'd take them, and to text me tonight for when.
I get them tomorrow.

Today was also the home visit from the vet. I love this man. He was simply awesome with ALL of our animals. He clipped nails, looked at bums, listened to things, and was very sweet and gentle with the buns. He was so knowledgeable. It makes it worth the amount of money I'm about to go pay Tuesday :inlove:

Other than that, we are going to be moving in a few weeks we think. I really kinda don't want to. But we have to... I thought moving down by my family would be a good idea, but living near either of our families is disastrous. We're going to move back up to Greene County. About 2-3 hours away from where we are currently.

Latest posts

Back