Down the Rabbit Hole (2010)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realized that I forgot to post that the vet said all of my buns (well, all of my animals period) are healthy, not obese, teeth are perfect, lungs clear, and yeah, all together everything I needed to hear today!!

He said it perfectly "I think we got off to a rough start (with Fred passing), but I think we will be OK", and then he patted me on the shoulder, pet Oreo's head and proceeded to ask my step-daughter how she liked having such a variety of animals in our house. To which she said "I like it very much!" :)

Right now all my little furries are peeved at me. Because we bought a Wii and have been having 'family night'. The buns are so not impressed. they don't really care for the bowling....

Zoe decided that while he was on the couch today, he would use me as his personal diving board. Good thing I caught him mid-way, or else I'm not sure what would have resulted. He's cute, but totally crazy lol.

*yawn*

Probably should be bedtime for me...

hln917 wrote:
Zoe is such a beautiful bun! I'm sorry to hear about Fred.

Awww, thank you!

Thank you. We miss him very much. I will have to post a picture of the box I had made for him. It's really pretty, I hope my son likes it...

What kind of bun is that in your icon? Cute! And I love those markings!

The-Family-O wrote:
Zoe decided that while he was on the couch today, he would use me as his personal diving board. Good thing I caught him mid-way, or else I'm not sure what would have resulted. He's cute, but totally crazy lol.
I have a lionhead that will put up a fuss if I try to get him out of his cage. He likes tolaunch himself out of his cage and land half way across the room.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I have a lionhead that will put up a fuss if I try to get him out of his cage. He likes tolaunch himself out of his cage and land half way across the room.

LOL.

I worry they will hurt themselves when they decide to launch anywhere. Crazy buns!

Reeses has decided that our DVDs are delicious, and also toys for her playing pleasure. She has also decided that the new cat scratcher/toy/play thing is hers as well, and has not left a surface of it unclaimed. (Edited to add: she has also found the 3D glasses and has decided that they are also hers and hers to chew/play with)

Zoe was allowed I the rest of the house tonight. And he was very well behaved. I can't wait for the day I can let them all out like that. Although Oreo, Pepper Ann, and Reeses all have the entire living room so it can't be that bad, right?

Today we brought home the ferrets, Pinky and the Brain. hehehehe. They are so cute and sweet, and I can't wait to let them out tomorrow!

Pictures to follow...

:D got a picture of oreo yet? me wanna see ^_^

polishgurl47 wrote:
:D got a picture of oreo yet? me wanna see ^_^

Oreo's the big white/black/grey poof of fur in one of the first few posting son here... he's poofy, hard to miss LOL He's one of the first ones to get noticed in my house hahahahahahahaha

So, I'm not really sure what has gotten into my bunny bunch.

They have all become crazy with mischief!

Oreo decided he was going to explore behind the forbidden space behind the couch (and how he managed that I'm not even sure, I've barricaded that like Fort Knox).

Pepper Ann has now decided it is oh-so-fun to climb up the boxes of DVDs we have packed and to get into the entertainment center and try to play with the xbox remotes...

Reeses: ditto the above, as well as climbing up on things to get onto the coffee table to eat whatever she shouldn't have, and shoes. She loves shoes and tried running back to her cage with one in her mouth last night (that was actually pretty amusing).

Zoe now has the run of my bedroom and has decided everything in there is his play thing: slippers, blankets, clothes. But how he manages to get them is beyond me! He also managed to binky a full box of blueberries out of my hand! If I hadn't seen it, i wouldn't have believed it myself. I went in to give him one, and he decided it was the perfect opportunity or something, because they went everywhere and he was trying to frantically eat them all! I got almost all of them while I was lecturing him on how that was not a good bunny thing to do, and how we do not under any circumstances binky a box of blueberries out of mommy's hand.

YUp, this has become my life. And I'm not sure how I've managed to live without these fuzzies in my life :inlove:

Zoe going shopping with me the day I got him
CIMG0042.jpg

The blueberry incident
CIMG0082.jpg

My tattoo I had started last night, going to finish when I know what color I want the rabbit (plus it hurt like you wouldn't believe!!)
CIMG0085.jpg

CIMG0086.jpg

CIMG0088.jpg

Zoe and I
pictures274.jpg

pictures275.jpg

mistyjr wrote:
Love the tat..

But, How is Pepper Ann doing?? Do you think she's still pregnant?

I don't think so... The vet looked at her and said he didn't feel anything. I might have him check her again in a week or so though, just in case

I think I might lock my husband's cat up in the bathroom. For whatever reason he has gotten it into his head that he needs to be running and scaring the crap out of the buns. It's not as amusing as he must think it is....

So, Zoe has figured out how to get up onto our bed if the top mattress is pulled away from the wall a bit (which it does if you just sit on it!).

I walked past yesterday and didn't see him, so I walked over and tapped on the gate, cause that will usually makes him come over. But he didn't, so I yelled to my hubby "Where did Zoe go?". He didn't know, and at that moment I heard a noise on my bed. When I turned to look, he peeked up and then proceeded to jump down the way he got up. I was laughing so hard.

This morning I let him out, and that's all he was trying to do. So I pulled the mattress away from the wall a bit, and then laid down, and he soon followed. He then proceeded to binky and run around like a mad man. He must have been extremely happy. :p

He also decided to be banzai bunny and jumped 3 feet from the bed to the floor while I had a minor heart attack that he hurt himself.

This rabbit will kill me...

The-Family-O wrote:
I think I might lock my husband's cat up in the bathroom. For whatever reason he has gotten it into his head that he needs to be running and scaring the crap out of the buns. It's not as amusing as he must think it is....
We had a cat that tried to play/attack one of our flemish giants a couple of years back. The cat jumped onto our flemish doe Velvet, she went straight up and twisted and threw the cat against the door. Duster bolted from the bunny room and after that it didn't matter which rabbit it was he steared clear of them.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
The-Family-O wrote:
We had a cat that tried to play/attack one of our flemish giants a couple of years back. The cat jumped onto our flemish doe Velvet, she went straight up and twisted and threw the cat against the door. Duster bolted from the bunny room and after that it didn't matter which rabbit it was he steared clear of them.

LOL. Well, Fluff is afraid of Zoe and in love with Reeses. Oreo and Pepper Ann are not fond of him, but will only run away.

The-Family-O wrote:
Today we brought home the ferrets, Pinky and the Brain. hehehehe. They are so cute and sweet, and I can't wait to let them out tomorrow!

Pictures to follow...

too cool!!! The two ferrets I had, we named Eddie and the Brain. :) ...he just looked more like an Eddie than a Pinky.

Ah, moving when super sick is not fun. My husband has been super sweet and did a lot of the work with my cousin though. Bless them for their awesomeness.

The babies arrived safely to our destination, and their cages were small, but big enough to allow them to eat, drink, and have some hay, and sleep. They calmed down quickly, and Oreo got into a fight with his reflection (we have a mirrored closet door lol).

I set up their cages, and they are all now settled, but unhappy with me because they can't come out to play just yet. We really need to finish getting packed.

We have a new puppy: Alcatraz. He loves the rabbits, but the rabbits aren't fond of him lol.

I gave my ferrets to my best friend. I realized that I was content with my bun buns. And she loves ferrets like I love rabbits.

Oscar went back to the rescue society after he tried biting me. It was a really, really, really hard decision, but is what was best and I knew that... I miss him terribly :(

I'm thinking I really want a couple English Lops to add to our family. I'd like to get them as babies.

I also have to go find another vet. I'm not to thrilled about this. I cried at my vets office the day we were leaving. he assured me any advice or anything I needed would be free of charge, and to just call. he said if it made me feel better, he would keep all of the animals on file just in case.

I think that's it for now. We are at my friends, so I'm not sure when I'll have real internet instead of cell phone internet, but I hope all is well in all of your lives :)

That's ok, I have a growing fascination for them. So I'm in the process of educating myself on them, so I know what I'm up against lol. See? You've helped hahaha

Latest posts

Back