DIPPYS A BOY - BABIES??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its okay LOL
I havent really touched her though she hgas been in her for about 3 hours and I havent touched her at all.
She is laying flat out again maybe trying to cool herself off.

With her being pregnant her temp may be raised, if the cage is big enough that she can get away from it easily and away from the nest box you can give her a frozen water bottle (maybe a 1.5 litre if you have one)

Becca, how is Fluffball doing today? And how's Dippy managing outside?

I'm just thinking about you and your buns and hope all is well :).

Alexah wrote:
Becca, how is Fluffball doing today? And how's Dippy managing outside?

I'm just thinking about you and your buns and hope all is well :).

Beat me to the post :p was typing at the same time lol

Dippy
Dippy is doing fine outside from what I can see, I have just put him out in the run becuase it is such a nice day and later I am going to clip his claws!!

Fluffball
She is hiding under her shelter and later when my mum gets back (I'm home alone at the mo) we are goinng to move her into the living room becuase it is cooler in there and more quieter so she has a bit of peace.
She has eaten all the hay and straw I put in the nest box so now it is just a box :p cheeky thing!!

You could leave some straw and hay outside the nest box, maybe she wanted to make the nest herself lol she is due somewhere around today isnt she? or have I totally lost the plot...again?

PS. Have you checked under her shelter? she might have them somewhere she feels safer if she likes the shelter that could be the place.

Ooh, it's getting close now isn't it? I'm getting excited for you although it would be just as well if she isn't pregnant and doesn't give birth to kits. It sounds as though you're right on track with everything and doing alright. No matter what, I hope Fluffball and Dippy are well. They're such cute bunnies and I adore your enthusiasm and dedication to them.

How's Nibbles doing?

And how 'bout you? Do you think you'll be okay if Fluffball doesn't have kits? Disappointment can be rough.

Best wishes to Fluffball, Dippy, and Mr. Nibbles. And you too ;).

Alexah wrote:
Ooh, it's getting close now isn't it? I'm getting excited for you although it would be just as well if she isn't pregnant and doesn't give birth to kits. It sounds as though you're right on track with everything and doing alright. No matter what, I hope Fluffball and Dippy are well. They're such cute bunnies and I adore your enthusiasm and dedication to them.

How's Nibbles doing?

And how 'bout you? Do you think you'll be okay if Fluffball doesn't have kits? Disappointment can be rough.

Best wishes to Fluffball, Dippy, and Mr. Nibbles. And you too ;).
I am trying not to get excited so I am not too dissapointed but my best friend Wendy (felix - felicis) really wants one so she is getting really escited and i dont want her to be too upset.
Thanks for the compliments!
Nibbles fine - hes enjoying life especially the nice warm days where he can have a slow run around his run!!
I hope i will be okay if she doesn't have kits but I won't know how i feel until it happens.
I can't thank you and everyone else on here,.
I am actually rather annoyed with my dad because today dippy was in the run and i waas trying to get him out and dad opicked up tthe end and was trying to get him off and he was calling him it and that thing.
now he has just said what the hell is that thing doing in there meaning why is fluffball in the lounge how rude is that sdo me my sister mum and gran have jhad a go at him/
He makes me soooo mad sometimnes
xxxxxxx

Dont all dads (meaning, non-animal-lover dads lol )? :pullhair:

But, at the end of the day everybody loves they're dad lol :p

BabyBunnies wrote:
I am actually rather annoyed with my dad because today dippy was in the run and i waas trying to get him out and dad opicked up tthe end and was trying to get him off and he was calling him it and that thing.
now he has just said what the hell is that thing doing in there meaning why is fluffball in the lounge how rude is that sdo me my sister mum and gran have jhad a go at him/
He makes me soooo mad sometimnes
xxxxxxx
Aww...that's too bad that he was acting like that! However, he did make an AWESOME cage!! :) Did he make one for Nibbles too when you first got him? I wish I knew someone who could build things like that!

Fluffball has settled down for the night - she is laying on her side and looking quite comfortable - the room she is in is quite cool so she wont get over heated

My friend who I have been talking about on here recnetly who used to breed rabbits and i showed her a picture iof fluffball and how big her bottom half is and she went "definetly pregnant!!"
She has been laying on her side alot and in a safe corner of her cagre like its her nest she hasnt pullled fur yet though??
We are sleeping downstairs tonight but not in the same room so we dont scare her at all and she feels comfoprtable.
Dippy is fine - he is soooo affectionate he loves giving me kisses which makes me a very happy bunny mum!
If anything happens tonight while we are sleeping down here i will log on immediatly
if only we could set up a live webcam LOL
:)

I have a few questions:
If one kit is still alive but is apart from Fluffball and the litter what should I do?

If she starts attacking them or trying to eat them what should I do?

If they are dead what should I do?

I know these are a bit sinister but I need to know LOL

BabyBunnies wrote:
I have a few questions:
If one kit is still alive but is apart from Fluffball and the litter what should I do?

If she starts attacking them or trying to eat them what should I do?

If they are dead what should I do?

I know these are a bit sinister but I need to know LOL

1, either show mum the baby, she may move it or you can get some bedding from the cage and put that in your hand and pick the baby up with that and move it to the nest.

2. Take them out, put them in a box with the fur and hay and 2-3 times a day put them with mum so she can feed them, if you HAVE to (dont do this if you dont need to , I cant stress it enough!) you can supplement the babys with a mothers replacemnet milk however you should try get some of the mums milk into them, when they are full they will have plump round bellys like a ping pong ball.

3. Take them out of the cage,and it might be smart to take away the nest at that point.

Hope this helps

Back