DIPPYS A BOY - BABIES??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
OMG
We have justb sexed dippy and fluffball and dippy is a boy and fluffball is a girl they were mating the other night
I hope we get babies!

I need to ask a few questions - I know babies might not come LOL
How long is it roughly till fluffball (MIGHT) give birth if the mted yesterday?
How do I prepare for a pregnant rabbit?

I have never breeded buns before HELP

post in the rabbitry and show room forum, you'll get more help fasterthere probably.

good luck!(you gotta love the gender fairy !)

If you have read my other thread about dippy being a boy and them mating then this will make sense.

Please help me

I am not sure what to do - Can you tell me the basics i need to know becuasse fluffball is only 4 MONTHS 4 MONTHS i don't want her or the babies too die

HELP PLEASE

I think she's pregnant but dippy might not of "done the deed"

How old is Dippy? Do you see testicals? After he mounted her, did you see him fall off her, grunt or make noise?

4 months is old enough to have babies in smaller breeds. 31 days from yesterday would be June 6th. You will need to be prepared with a nestbox and nesting materials, 3 days before her due date. You don't need to do anything over the next 27 days, except give her a well balanced diet and plenty of water. (Oh yeah, and keep her away from Dippy.)

On June 3rd, I would give her a nestbox. I prefer to use hay in mine, but you can use soft cotton rags or other soft material in there. Put the nestbox in a corner that she does not use for potty. If all goes well, she will pull fur off her belly and make a nest. Most of my does kindle at night, when it's quiet. But some will deliver during the day. If you see signs that she is going into labor, try to keep it quiet around her and don't disturb her until she is done.

We'll be here for support. Any questions, just ask. Oh yeah, after the kits are born, start lining good homes for them!

They are both around 4 months old and yes we did see his lickle boy bits!

Me and my mum both checked.

He sort of fell off her her back but we didn't really hear him make any noise i think it was too noisy for us to tell anyway.

How big should the nest box be becuase Fluffball is not that big?

My Mini Rex's use nestboxes that are 8" x 12". You'll want it to be about1-2 inches wider than your doe, side to side and about 2 - 4 inches longer total.

Since you are not going to be using it again, a suitably sized shoe box will work. Cut one end down a little so she can hop in and out.

This is a website with info about building nestboxes. You can get an idea of a good shape that works both for the doe and the babies:

http://www.thenaturetrail.com/BuildingNestBoxes.htm

Most of the time my babies only use the nest box for 3 weeks. Then I take it away to prevent a buildup of bacteria.

Wow, 4 months is quite young for a doe to be pregnant, and 5 months a bit young for a doe to kindle. I hope she isn't pregnant..... ;)

What breed are they? Just mixes? You should of been more careful with them ;) if you didn't know exactly what gender they were ;)

Emily

They are not brother and sister and how was i meant to know dippy was a boy :( they were too young to tell so don't blame me so i coudn't be careful could i :(

our friend has lent us a cage for dippy so he can get settled in till we can see if fluffball is pregnant - even if she isn't this time when she is old enough we are going to let her get pregnant.

YAY

Hello,

May I ask why you would like to start breeding? Are you trying to improve their breed, show, etc.? Please do a lot of research before you make that decision :)

-Kathy

Becca, I'm not trying to be critical of someone that wants to breed their rabbits... but make sure you think this through... You were trying to raise/save/make enough money to spay them, when you thought they were both girls. Will you have the funds if something goes wrong and they need vet care? It can get very expensive for a c-section or emergecy spay if something goes wrong.

Can you find good homes for all the babies? Do you have cages/room for them if you don't? Can you seperate/spay/neuter them if necessary?

Give it a lot of thought before you do a deliberate breeding. (And I know she could already be bred and the point is moot...)

Okay, as everyone on here thinks its a bd idea that Fluffball is pregnant what do YOU think I should do becuase people keep telling me loads of different things and I just want the best for my bunnies but I also want the genes in my lickle bun buns to be carried on.
WHAT SHOULD I DO

Of course they are adorable and sweet! And they do have wonderful traits... but so do most rabbits. That's why we love them so much!

If Dippy did get her, by accident, wait and see what happens. You only have to wait a month. If you do want to breed her, ask yourself if you are ready for all the resposibility that goes along with that decision. (Remember what your avatar says? "Be part of the solution"?)

Well, if it were my bunny I would take her to be spayed ASAP. We do it all the time in rescue. But thats just me being "part of the solution" ;)

If thats not an option, read up and make sure you are prepared. Make sure you have a vet you can go to in case she delivers in the middle of the night and has complications. Make sure you keep her and your boy separate at all times, before during and after the birth. Baby bunnies are cute, but they are a lot of work and, as you know, difficult to find good homes for.

Haley

Becca, first - don't type so large - it's considered yelling.

Second - you don't need to breed do you? and are you showing? accidents do happen but I wouldn't encourage her to get pregnant unless there is a good purpose...... Look at your own signature line.....

Latest posts

Back