DIPPYS A BOY - BABIES??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well when she stretches out she is usually skinny all the way down her body but when she does it now her bottom half looks bigger but I am not sure if its just becuase we are notcing it becuase we think she is.
The nest box is rready if she starts nesting but her due date is in 6 days.
:?

I sure will :)

Dippy has started marking his territory ..... All up the new cage wall :X

Bless him, Nibbles used to do it on dads foot though but not sure dads to happy about the new cage being marked :?

Is there anything I can do for the time being to stop him scenting everywhere before I get him fixed?

There isnt anything you can do to stop him trying to scent everywhere, but I would suggest splitting up old cereal boxes (Down the score/crease) etc and put them against the walls to protect everything outside the cage and the cage walls from staining and stinking lol. Hope everything turns out ok. :)

Only time can tell me if my darling baby Fluffball is pregnant - it is nearly the 6th of June (31 days after I saw them mating) - there is no sign of a nest yet, though I am not too worried as she could not be pregnant.

On the 6th of June we are going to bring Fluffball inside away from the wet and cold and I am going to camp downstairs with her the computer on with RO on the screen in case of any emergency - I am going to camp down with her for 2 nights and after that I am just going to see what happens.

I know rabbits don't really show any signs of pregnancy but her bottom half does look rather large - me and mum are not sure if it is just because we think she is pregnant and we are noticing it more or maybe she actually is.

I am really not sure about pregnant rabbits I have the nest box ready but when shall I put it in?

You should put the nest box in a few days before she is due. So probably on thursday would be a good day to put the nestbox in for fluffball.

Good luck!!

Thanks I shall put it as far away as the litter box as possible so she doesn't decided to go toilet in that!

If she starts making a nest elsewhere should I put it in the nest box?

Yeah, if she starts making a nest away from the nest box. Gently pick up the fur, hay and arrange it into the nestbox. making the whole in the middle for the babies. fluffball should then continue to build the nest in the box and not somewhere else.

BabyBunnies wrote:
On the 6th of June we are going to bring Fluffball inside away from the wet and cold and I am going to camp downstairs with her the computer on with RO on the screen in case of any emergency - I am going to camp down with her for 2 nights and after that I am just going to see what happens.
It might be a good idea to bring her in like today or tomorrow so she can get settled before having to build a nest and give birth (if she is pregnant). I found that best with Jessica anyways. Oh and the all important - if you have a good local emergency vet keep the number on a peice of paper by the phone!

ETA: If she makes a nest away from the nest box first time you can pick the hay and fur up and put it in the nest box, if she nest else where again then I wouldnt bother - she will do what she pleases :laughsmiley:

Edit 2: if you feel her tummy( if she is pregnant) you may be able to feel either baby kicks or heart beats - or it could be too early to tell but that is something to look out for.

Its too late to bring her in tonight but tomorrow I will bring her in and let her settle down mum jst goes along with what you and I say becuase she knows people on RO know what their on about!
Thanks
xx

EDIT: What if Dippy gets lonely out there?

Don't you keep your rabbits inside...?

He should be okay without the female.

Anyway, I found this amusing because both of our rabbits are pregnant (supposedly) as a result of incest and their due dates are only 2 days apart. o.o

BabyBunnies wrote:
EDIT: What if Dippy gets lonely out there?
He should be fine, you could maybe give you an old (Worn) T-shirt or a cuddly toy to snuggle up to :) you could always put Dippy inside :p obviously away from the female and babies though

No I don't keep my buns in maybe when I yhave my own house...

Almi wrote:
Don't you keep your rabbits inside...?

Anyway todays plan is :
Put Dippy in the run to have a run about while its sunny
Clean out Dippy
Put Fluffball in the other run
Clean out Fluffball's indoor cage
Bring Fluffball inside and bathe her eye
Clip Dippys claws and put him back in his cage

Its a very busy evening I better get on with it!

Now Fluffball is in the house I can watch for any out of the ordinary behaviour

Just a minute ago she was digging on the floor of her cage under her shelter does this mean anything or is it just a random thing?
Please reply
x

Leave her be, andgive her time!

She will have them when you leave her a lone. Anything can be a sign if you look at it as such. If she eats at 5 PM and NEVER ate at 5 PM, if she is sleeping on her left size and always sleeps on her belly, if sheis licking between her toes and never did that before. Just leave her be and she will be fine. No one can say what forsure is a sign in a rabbit as each rabbit is diffrent.

Laying down is, get this, a sign of resting! Amazing, it's just like magic! Rabbits can have labor pains before they start having the babies, as allliving things,so you sitting and watching her 24/7 is only going to make her put off her labor. Rabbits can go 10 days or more over due from my experiance but that long in the uterus only causes death.

Also, this isn't a chat room, people are not always on to answer you. Not everyone is knowledgeable in rabbit breeding, birthing, raising, etc, so even if there is 20 people online that doesn't mean evenone of them knows anything on this matter or even looks at your post.

:biggrin2:Sorry, been a bad week :pWhining just irritates the heck out of me.

If your rabbit follows my rabbit experiance(more like my rabbits) she won't have till about 4-8 AM on the 32nd day with some litters being born between 10-12 PM that night. I never get day babies but many breeders I know get mostly day babies and never get babies born after day 31.

Just wait, hun. You are only going to stress her out.

Her digging could be irritation from you bothering her, I see that in my rabbits but it's mostly if I'm holding a pregnant doe(they dig on my chest). I only consistering moving hay around, digging in the hay, and pulling fur to be nesting so I take it she isn't nesting, just digging around?

Back