Dinner Time?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
I know someone already started a thread about this but it wont load on this slow computer and its already at 36 pages..

So lets start it up here..!
Any recipes and pictures are soooo welcome..
WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!?

I am always interested in new meals as I LOVEEEE to cook.

Tonight I am making

Barbeque chicken wings..As in regular drumsticks--not the litte ones..along with that we are having Chicken Rice and Avocado..
YUMMYY :)

Yesterday I made Teriyaki salmon, Mexican barley pilaf(usually i use brown rice but switched it to barkley this time) and sauted broccoli, cauliflower and zuchini.

Tonight we are just having spaghetti.

We just got done making veggie stew for tonight. It consists of vegetable stock broth plus tons of individually cooked and seasoned veggies in the mix. Today's was: fingerling potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, red bell pepper, plus tempeh cooked in sesame oil & rolled in sesame seeds. Delicious!

I had steak and mashed celery root with cream and butter. Was good! I don't eat refined carbs any more, so the celery root is an awesome sub for mashed potatoes. :)

I make a rather nice tuna casserole and it's pretty simple to make so maybe someone could try it sometime...

The first is with potatoes:

Basically it's just mashed potatoes, onions and celery, tuna, and cheese.

Boil the potatoes and as they are boiling, fry up celery and onions in a pan...Add in the tuna.Mash up potatoes... I put salt, pepper, milk, sour cream, chives, and a bit of garlic salt in mine. Add in the veggies and tuna, mix. Spread in a dish, and cover with cheese. Then basically cook it enough to get the cheese melted to your liking. And voila. :p

The other is with pasta:

Make the same veggie/tuna mix. Boil pasta... And prepare a cream of celery (I use Campbells) Mix everything together and cover with cheese. Bake to your liking.

Raspberry82 wrote:
I had steak and mashed celery root with cream and butter. Was good! I don't eat refined carbs any more, so the celery root is an awesome sub for mashed potatoes. :)

Cauliflower makes an awesome mashed potato substitute also. Try it mashed with some garlic in it. Yummmmmmm!

Everyone's dinners sound good! Nela, I like your idea of using mashed potatoes in the tuna casserole. I've done that with canned salmon. Paul loves tuna casserole. Sometimes I make the regular way with the egg noodles and cream of mushroom soup, and sometimes I make my own sauce for it using flour, milk, chicken broth, garlic, parsley and sour cream. Sometimes I use broccoli instead of peas too.

I'm going to have to try the mashed cauliflower! I like celery root but it's really hard to find here.

Last night I made a sort of beef stroganoff, except it had veggie meatballs instead of beef. The recipe was my own creation. It turned out well! We had it over egg noodles with sliced cucumbers in pomegranate vinegar on the side.

Wow, everyone's meals are SO much better than mine!
Tonight I had some salad and a Morningstar Farms chik'n patty with a bit of bbq sauce on it.

Last night I made Mock Tuna Salad, and had some of it in a pita pocket.

as i am sick my meal was a few bites of a chicken pot pie (just your average from the freezer one) and 1/2 a yogurt.

Last night was wild rice & adzuki beans loaded with reg & green peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and tomato - with a side of mashed yam & spinach. Yum!

Latest posts

Back