Dinner Time?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made chicken and dumplings for dinner. It was SO good! Usually it's a 2 day process for me- I boil a whole chicken on the first day, then refrigerate the broth and chicken separately. Skim the fat off the broth and cut up the chicken the next day. Peel and chop up veggies, add to broth, cook until tender. Make dumplings, add to pot, cook. Add chicken. Takes a while, but it's really good and a nice special treat!

Tonight I tried a recipe for fast chicken and dumplings. All you have to do is bring some chicken broth to a boil and season it with some herbs, then you get a can of layered biscuit dough (!), separate each biscuit into 3 layers, dredge in flour, then tear each layer into 3 pieces as it goes in the pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, then add some cooked chicken. I couldn't believe how good it was! The dumplings didn't taste like canned dough (which I seldom buy) at all, they were just great. Also only took about 30 minutes compared to several hours for the other recipe. I'll continue to make my from scratch recipe, but make this one sometimes too :)

Latest posts

Back