Conan the Bunbarian & Xena Bunnier Princess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So our picky rabbit Conan doesn't like many treats and is a fussy eater, not like our Xena who we call a disposal unit. Grapes are on the list of things Conan isn't a fan of. So my wife is eating grapes one day on the couch, noting that Conan is nearby but thinking nothing of it. She eventually turns from her reading to discover our sneaky Conan eating the stem and the grapes. Luckily they were only a few, and we know the stems aren't great for them, but it's not like she went to feed it to him. She couldn't help though taking a video of the offender at work.

[ame]http://youtu.be/clLUe71bbhs[/ame]

Naughty bunny, isn´t it just that forbidden fruit is always nicer especially when it´s someone elses :yes:

I agree, someone else's food always tastes better than your own. And apparently Conan agrees too :p

There' a trouble with finding your buns so damned cute. You give them a fatty treat like a nice slice of banana only to be told that they were given one earlier by your spouse. Oh well, they get away with it like bandits.

And here's a video of them enjoying the snow. I can't really take them out so I decided to bring some snow to them. It was sort lived excitement for them since they got bored so quick of it but I thought it was fun.

[ame]http://youtu.be/tCrm9go3DCg[/ame]

Nah, she was more unhappy that there was a block to further digging. I wish I could somehow give here something deep enough to dig in now that the couch is gone

She was definitely unhappy there was nothing under all that snow. Would be even better seeing them buried in the snow and just popping out. I so love these two :)

So I decided to give my rabbits the benefit of the doubt and make them a dig box. I took a deep box and shredded a huge amount of paper and set it out for them. Xena did dig at first but then they quickly turned it into a new potty box. Worse , unlike wood pellets this shredded paper was wispy, stuck to everything and made a complete mess of the room I had just cleaned. My wife had a real good laugh at my expense. Oh well, maybe they had a little fun.

Well done, aren´t bunny kisses just the best. Snowy is the only one of mine who does that. I trimmed his nails today and he thanked me by kissing all of my face. Must admit those yours must be a bit bigger looking at the size of Xena whose tongue must be 10 times the size of Snowy´s lol .

So besides my Conan possibly having a paw issue, there's been this strange phenomenon of late that both bunnies do. Apparently its taken a year but they finally hanging out on the 2nd floor of their cage: no issues on that, I made it sturdy enough for them but they have taken to pooping a lot up there. A LOT...and occasionally peeing. I wonder why all the sudden its happened. Now I guess I could put another litter box up there, and I'm sure I made the top sturdy enough but were still talking about a total of +30lb rabbits with nothing but pegboard, coroplast, dowels and zip ties holding it up. Add a litter box up there might strain it more then my comfort would allow. Plus the litter box couldn't be too big, but then if its too small they might slide it right off that floor and if I zip tie it, it might he too difficult to get out to clean.

Man does a lot of thought go into cage design.

What I have done with Thumpers litter box because of him liking to move it around is to drill four holes in total on one side of the litter box, two at each end. I then looped a zip tie through each set of two holes, so a total of 2 zip ties. I then use an inexpensive shower curtain hook on each zip tie and then hook it to the cage. It's a very cheap fix, works well and only takes a moment to unhook or hook.

It could be they are just marking the new territory and will stop over time. Now and then the girls will pee on the upper level of their cage but in my case it seems to coincide with a surge of hormones.

Maybe you could try using one of those aluminum pans for a litter box. The type they sell to use and then throw away. They are light, lighter than a litter box, come in many sizes and should last as a litter box for a while. They aren't expensive either.

Isn't it funny how you never seem to have things set up just right for a bun. As soon as you think you are they have to go and start doing something different to make you start thinking and planning again.

That's great that they've finally realised there's a whole extra world up there on the second level :p I think the peeing and pooping probably is just a territory thing, since it's new space to them. I would expect it to die down and hopefully stop given a little bit of time.

So today i dealt with a retaliatory pee attack from Xena. This always happens when I decide to let the rabbits stay in the room when I clear out their litterbox. The second Xena notices this she decides to show her displeasure by peeing freely in the cage. Sigh...and here I was trying to save them the distress of kicking them out the room so I can clean it.

My wife just got the nutrabullet, so she's taken to making us all types of healthy smoothies. I'm not so much of a fan but i support her and drink the concoctions downs. Anyway Xena and Conan discovered her drinking this and the last few nights have tried to ambush her for some. As far as my wife thinks, it must be a sign its healthy cause they like it. I tell her they like it because there's fruits in there,'which is a lot of sugar for rabbits but they do look cute trying to take her straw and get their faces in her cup.

Lol, that sounds funny! I can only imagine trying to fend off two rabbits while trying to drink your smoothie.

Lol, that sounds funny! I can only imagine trying to fend off two rabbits while trying to drink your smoothie.

Not just two rabbits, but two Flemish Giant rabbits!! I can't even begin to fathom how you would fend them off.

That is pretty cute though :)

Back