Conan the Bunbarian & Xena Bunnier Princess

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rabbits are stubborn creatures aren't they? When they suddenly decide they want something, they will not be deterred!

Best of luck with the new barrier!

What we have to do to protect our things from those little teeth or, in your case, bigger teeth. I´ve been thinking about your buns the last few days as they´re showing Conan the Barbarian on the TV. Do you know every time they advertise it, I see Conan the Bunbarian and I laugh every time, I´m obviously spending too much time on RO lol.

So my wife relayed yet another wonderful feel good story about how when she comes home the rabbits run and binky around her, nipping at her ankles out of love and generally welcoming her home...ugghh, I'd be lucky if they came up to me out of their cage to get the damned morning treat I try to give them. So unfair.

Anyways here's a video and an artistic pic my wife took of the buns. Pardon the Sons of Anarchy audio running in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcxSl1U2rAI&feature=youtu.be

IMG_0074.jpg

They are just so great together, I can´t believe it took them so long to realise that.

I was showing the video to my mom who arrived last night and she was amazed with Xena´s ears and with your wife´s purple nails lol.

I enjoyed the video. I enjoy seeing everyones buns (ha!) but the big ones hold a special place in my heart and I cannot get enough.

It sounds to me like Conan was showing his love for you when he approached you at your bedroom door. If it was just about getting into a no bun zone I'm sure him being a rabbit he would have tried, tried, tried. Since he didn't show all out bunny determination, I say it was about showing love.

Well its been a while. I've been in staycation so haven't been online as much. Conan & Xena are a couple, with love and arguments. Just today I caught Xena chasing Conan and thought they may be fighting, which they do a little, but a minute later and they're just lying together all pleasant so I just take it to mean they argue once in a while.

I have pics and videos to put up but since Im on my phone I'll have to do it later. I finally closed up the section of the couch where they chewed a hole in so I thought it was done but then Xena started to chew into the couch from the middle seat. No way to bar that without losing the ability to sit on the couch so in the end she outsmarted us. We had a bit of a victory though as she seems to have finally gotten it out of her system and our couch has been safe but damaged since. We're talking about just throwing out the couch and maybe getting a metal framed day bed or something.

Other then that their both healthy, weighing in at 14lb 6oz. Not sure if my scale is correct since every month they both weigh exactly the same but its what I got. Oh forgot to mention Xena celebrated her 1st birthday on the 9th so now both my buns are a year old. I'm just a very happy bunny keeper right now despite how they vex me so :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Great to see an update, happy belated birthday to Xena. Good to see they´re getting on so well and yes, I´m sure they have the odd tiff but soon get over it and are even more lovey dovey. Can´t wait to see pics, I love this couple.

Happy belated Bunday to Xena!

It is amazing how they can frustrate us but in the end all we can think of is the joy they bring. I am glad Xena has stopped eating your couch. Hoping you knocked on some wood though. Ha!

Happy bunday Xena.

I totally understand about the couch. Ours are leather and Twigs loves to eat leather. What is it with buns and couches (((sigh)))

So today I was chilling under the table with my buns. They were a foot away from me grooming each other. I decided enough of them being so distant so nuzzled my head next to them. I did it slowly so that they wouldn't hop away. I was rewarded with some grooming on my bald noggin (first time ever) so I rewarded them in turn with their favorite treat a banana chip. Happy days...

It almost might make up for the destruction they have wrought on my poor couch. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

What is one couch compared to the happiness of your 'little' buns :) Oh the sacrifices we make for our rabbits. Though I don't understand why they can't just reserve their destruction for the things we want and allow them to destroy :?

Congratulations on being included in the grooming circle! I love being licked by those cute little tongues. Nothing better than knowing they love and accept you :)

Last edited:
I know how you feel and I must admit it´s such a good feeling when they groom you. I was lying on the floor the other night and Snowy came up to lick me on the face and Houdini was cleaning my pyjamas. Glad that you´re now officially accepted and groomed.

Great videos. I did laugh at the cockatiel, imagined him singing along while cleaning himself. I´m always amazed how big Xena is when I see videos of her, I forget that mine are so small in comparison so I can imagine the havoc she wreaks with the sofa.

Just love those big bunnies :D Great videos of both your cockatiel and Xena, pity the poor couch.

So I had a bad weekend and a bad start to my week with lack of sleep. I get home and have to feed the menagerie but of course I'm tired and the morning treat of papaya tablets gets spilled on the floor. Man what a frenzy! They were like little land sharks all over me and the floor trying to get to the tasty treats. I think I managed to keep them to maybe 4 or 5 tablets and saved the rest but it certainly was a massacre on those things. It was funny, but I really got to be more careful when I'm tired. Bad things happen to me when I'm tired, like leaving cages open for unbonded bunnies and now this. Oh well, the look fine tonight so I'll keep an eye but I think it's all good.

Haha, I´m sure they weren't complaining, they wouldn´t mind you being tired more often :spintongue

Latest posts

Back