Clover Most likely a BOY!!!???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH MY GOSH!! I missed this whole thing!

I'm happy to hear that it was just a do-hinky, as you called it, lol! If it makes you feel any better (as far as its size), Velveteen was about 2.5lbs, and his "boys" were bigger than Fiver's (who is about 6.5lbs)!! I was really shocked that he was so well-endowed!! LOL!! No wonder he sprayed Em on the face as a teenaged bun! LOL!!

Hugs to you both...and everyone else! :)

This is terrible thing to say because a cottontail is supposed to be a wild rabbit

buti wishi had one :)

(healthy and all ) but it would be so cool.
I would never TRY to have one but pennie just ended up with one and that'

Is pretty rare.

Very true - and they are so darned cute! but I wish with all my heart that Clover had been free to be who HE was supposed to be. As much as we love him to bits! I know he should have been free.

He's such a doll tho... I wish all of you could just hold him and pet him for a little while. He has this face he makes when he's *impatient* about treats or hay or whatever he's waiting for. It's like a sideways mouth twist and one ear sort of cocked to the side a bit..... He's very upset right now because his puppy is in the laundry! No one to beat up and pee on! LOL!

Diesel, the cat, sleeps atop Clover's cage on a towel. Clover is fine with this now. Isn't that weird? they've become some sort of friends.....

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Very true - and they are so darned cute! but I wish with all my heart that Clover had been free to be who HE was supposed to be. As much as we love him to bits! I know he should have been free.
If you think about it, little Clover was probably so little that he doesn't even remember what "freedom" is. Your home is probably all he's ever known, aside from being noshed on by a dog outside (good, childhood (kithood) memories). If bunnies have long-lasting memories, I bet that he remembers "outside" as a bad place (due to the doggy).

Besides, I could see Clover being this kind of cottontail:
funny-pictures-rabbit-sticks-his-tongue-out.jpg

:)

LOL! Clover would definitely be that little guy sticking his tongue out at the farmer!

I think he's the little guy sticking his tongue out at the cats, the dog, the other bunnies......... ;)

Thank you for saying all of that about his memories... you're probably right. I never really thought of that at all.... and he's been loose (not just in his room but got out into the whole house!) in the house and still hopped around even my husband... He likes the cats and the dog.

So this is an old thread, but something interesting happened...... the *place* that was in question is now gone again. I'm thinking it could be testicles or a hernia that recedes behind the hip that is turned in.

I have to admit I never thought Clover was a boy, but I didn't want to say anything because if it was a tumor, which can present like that, nothing could have been done, anyway.

But a hernia is an interesting option. :ponder:

Maybe take her to a non-rabbit-savvy vet who won't notice she's a cottontail and send the x-rays to someone else?

Hope she's okay! (And I am thinking I've got my little girl back). ;)

sas :clover:

Yes, just tell the vet she's a Netherland Dwarf. That's what we told the first vet we brought Hazel to, lol.
She was such a teeny baby anyway.

Or even better, tell them she's a Brittania Petite. They look just like cottontails! Remember how everyone thought Dora was a wild cottontail? The vet won't know the difference :)

A vet probably will accept the breed that you say Clover is ..Britannia petite is a good one.

You can really sex a rabbit by identifying the shape of the penis (circular and round )when squeezed outward in the male or vulva (slit ) in the female
this article goes on and on..... but you can compare anatomy of Clover with the your other rabbitsexcluding looking at the testicles

http://www.pet-informed-veterinary-advice-online.com/sexing-rabbits.html

We have to do this at the shelter all the time just in case a male rabbit stray is already neutered (almost never)

Latest posts

Back