Cirrustwi's Bunny Journal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jen it has been awhile since you have checked your home thread.

I'll bump it up for ya.

Rest in Peace Orion and Lily. Binkie free along with Daisy.

Lily and Orion:I miss youdearly. The critter room is still resounding with yourspirits. You both left too quickly. We love you sovery much.

Blessed Be my Sweet Babies,

Mommy, Sage, Basil, Elvis, Saffy, Sampson, Abby, Dillon, Anissa, Delilah, Corky, Cedric, Lena, Reese and D'Ara

Things around here have been so crazylately. With losing Lily and Orion, I've just been so sadabout everything. However, I wanted to update everyone aboutthe bunny happenings at my house.

Saturday, Shawn had a big surprise waiting for me: the sweetest tinylittle Netherland Dwarf/Dutch mix doe. She's an orange andblack harlequin color and is just a doll. She's 8 weeks oldand the biggest cuddle bunny. I'm totally enamored with herand so is Shawn. He kept saying how cute she was and how muchhe like her. I have to say that at first, I wasn't sure I wasready for another baby so soon, but she weaseled into my heartimmediately.

I've been thinking about fostering a rescue bunny and today, my fostercame. (But something tells me that fostering may not be forme, because I don't think he's leaving. LOL) Hisname is Jar Jar (but that will change). When he was broughtto the rescue, she was told that he is a pure, pedigreed FlemishGiant. Well, he's not. He's big, and beautiful, butnot pure Flemmie. He has the Flemmie body and personality,but the ears aren't nearly big enough and something about his facialshape just isn't right. I think he's probably a mix withGiant Chinchilla and Champagne D'Argent. He's the sweetestboy, just the best personality. I have no idea how someonecould have given this baby up. He'll be 6 months old on Dec.11 (just 8 days younger then Delilah).

I promise pictures will come soon, but tonight I'm absolutely exhausted. I've been up since 4:30 AM.

Jen

Oh Jen You are one lucky girl out there. I wishDJ could do that for me. She sounds like a sweetie. Now I got to updateyour page with your 2 new ones and new pics for all of your bubs thatare with you now.

Jen, Sometimes we don't feel ready foranother bunny and then whammo another one enters our lives and stealsour heart. Your new orange and black bunny will never replace anybunnyat all, but I am sure she will show you love and you her in a way thatyou thought you wouldn't feel again.

These little creatures come into our lives at such strange times, butto them it's the right time. What have you decided to name her??

It's a brav eperson who fosters, gawd knows I'd be hopless athanding them over to new homes, I'd wanna keep them all LOL.

Welcome to the new part of your life with bunnies:hug:

I agree with Ariel. She is right about how wemay not be ready for another pet of any kind. All of the studden newone came creeping up to our hearts. Been there and done that.

Oh Jen, what a wonderful suprise for you - shesounds an absolute angel. And yes, I reckon that the flemish/comewhatever else won't be going to go anywhere :D.

Perhaps these two new babies will help to heal some of the hurt - I hope so!

Jan

We had some sad holidays around here.Friday, which unfortunately was my birthday, I went in to feed thebabies before leaving the house and Nutmeg was gone. I don'tknow what happened, but she had left us for The Bridge. I wascompletely beside myself over it. She was fine the nightbefore, no signs of stasis or illness or anything. I'vedecided that sadly she probably suffered from being a pet storebunny. I'm a big advocate for some pet stores, but I thinkshe was probably away from her mom too young and they were being fedawful stuff and just so many other things...

Also, Jar Jar, the Flemish Mix I was fostering, found a foreverhome. I had seriously thought about keeping him forever here,but my niece completely fell in love with him and he with her, so Idecided that he should go home to her. I have to admit that Icried when he left, but I was happy for him in the samesense. I know he will be loved and I can see him anytime andhe will have great care. It was bittersweet, but I think Imade the right decision for both of them.

Jen

O Jen! Not again! :(

I am so sorry to hear about Nutmeg :(::::hugs::::

I am glad JarJar now has a forever home,...and even better its a relative so you can still visit him! :)

:bigtears:Jen, Sweetie I am more sorrythan words can convey. I'm here for you if you need anything, anythingat all.

I am glad JarJar has a home where you can see him.

Tina

It's been very hard. Christmas wasjust difficult. But it's getting better, slowly. Iguess I'm finding comfort in that she went very quickly and it mostlikely was just something with her breeding as she was perfectly finethe night before. Unfortunately, I know nothing about herbackground, so I just don't know for sure. Which is thehardest thing. I think that knowing how fragile baby buns canbe, from my pet store days, is making it a little easier.I've seen how quickly they can go from just fine to gone.It's jus so hard, but it's part of loving an animal, that they willalways leave us way too soon.

:bigtears:

As for Jar Jar, I really think I made the correct decision.Elaine just loves him and she's thinking about showing at some point,so she can work on husbandry first and then get a show rabbit when showseason rolls around. She called tonight to thank me again andhe was running around her room like a crazy man. I thinkhe'll be really happy there and I can see him whenever and if somethingdoesn't work out, he can come back to me, but I have a feeling he'll bejust fine where he is.

Jen

I had to update this here.

Last night, my neighbor's bucket truck's bucket was in the air. It came crashing down on our house. The most damage was done to the critter room, the ceiling caved and there was a small fire. Most of my critters are gone. All my ferrets (their cage was demolished). Several rabbits: Anissa, Delilah, Elvis, Sage, Basil, Saffy, Cedric and Lena. Abby and D'ara are at the vet, but it's not looking very good.
I don't know what to do or say. This is just more awful then I could have ever imagined.

:tears2:

Jen

Oh no Jen, What happened. Abby??? is she ok too or is she one of the passings. is there anything we can do Jen. If you need to talk check the pm.

Noooooooooooo. I can't even imagine, that is horrific.......

My deepest sympathies to you.

Please if you need anything call me even though we don't know each other.

Prayers are starting here.

Jen, I can't begin to say how terribly sorry! Words are so inadequate, but lots of love anyway. You've been through so much!

Rose

Latest posts

Back