Cirrustwi's Bunny Journal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really miss the city...well, I miss the thingsto do there. I'm into going to the theater and the ballet andconcerts and stuff like that. All my friends are down there,so I miss them too. I can't wait to be closer again.

Jen

I can understand that. I dont mind it I jsuthate spending too much money cause of it. Gas prices and all. I wouldrather live in the country with not a lot of people around me.

I would love that too. We are actuallythinking of bidding on a house with 1/5 acres and a fence...that wouldbe nice. I wish I could combine the good things about thecountry (land, quiet) with the attributes I love about the city.

On a completely different note, the buns are getting an outdoorrun!! I'm pretty excited for them. I didn't knowuntil last night, but Dean's (Mom's fiance) daughter had a bunny whenshe was little and he still has the chicken wire he used for that bunto run outside. It's been inside, so it's still in goodshape. I'm going to clean it up and let them have at it!

Jen

Jen : I am postingthisin your thread only because Iknow howmuch you love Rats;

My Husband, Myself and Cassi Were heading to theLumber store this morning , we were off to get 2 x12's for the new roof for the new Bunny shed . Aswe were driving downthe side road that would take uswhere we needed to go , we past somethingon the side of the road , we both looked at easchother and said , " what hte heck was that?" , by this time traffic and speed were afactor in not being able to stop, We continued on our way , gotthe Lumber we needed , and on the way backI told Frank to slow down wherewe seenthis white thing sureenough IT was still there , he hadnt evenstopped the truck before I was out of it and acrossedthe road ,

I was right , It waswhat Ithought it was . He started looking for somethingto put it in , not knowing how long it hadbeen out there I wasnt taking any chances .He came back empty handed , justwhen you want someone to litterwith something good they never do!. I went to the truck and the only thingI could find was a Binocularcase , well it was empty , so I grabbedit and headed back to where the critter was . I gotthe " well what if it chews, what ifit poops , I looked at him andsay YA what IF!" its replaceable .

Jen I no more thna opened thecase and set it on hte groundand this little Girl jumped inas fast as she could .she curled up in the bottom androde the 10 minute trip home with her ,with no chewing , no pooing no nothing , She evenpoppedher head up for a few head rubs ,then went back in to lay downand wait .

I got her home and into a temporary 5 galtank with a water bottle and some muchneeded food , sheis painfully thin , and looks tobe very very pregnant , ( im sorry i havetears ) , I gave her some high proteinseeds and some kitten dry cat food . Iwill switch her later when she picks backup . I have to stop now butwill post her picture for you to see .

IM000671.jpg

IM000668.jpg

I need to give her aBath she smells very nasty , imsure from being outside and having to tryand survive I will up date herwhen she is feeling better . Iforgot to mention for a Female Rat sheis super Friendly meaningsomeone once loved her .

Oh Gypsy, I am so glad you saved her. Poor baby.I am not to much of a fan with rats but they are great for pets iftaken care of. She is cute and pretty. Jen will be happy to hear thatyou saved her. Bless your soul.:hug:

Oh, Gypsy, she looks just like Squeakers! :tears2:

I can't believe you saw her. I'm so glad you were able tosave her. I'll say a prayer for her and the babies.You might want to try her on some dry dog kibble. It's alittle better for rats because it has veggies and stuff in it and catfood doesn't because cats are obligate carnivores. Cat foodcan be to high in protein. Good luck! Give her somelove from me.

Jen

ok I have angerand tears in check . Shedoesnt seem to be very old , sheis small so I am figuring maybe 4 to 5months old , super friendly,smelly, very hungry and very thirsty. I am going to toast her abread in a few minutes to bring down toher, poor baby is in the Q room. I would rather have her where Ican kep an eye to her constanly for thenext day or so till I can get her Vetted, but dont dare becauseof my other Rats . will keep you allposted .

I will go to thestore and pick up some Dogkibble I dont own a dog, dont care much for thebarking nut cases , but if it will helpher bulk up a bit soonerthen I will get her some . any particularbrand better than others , I have been using Purinacat food for the rats here mixed inwith everyother thing I can think ofhealthy for them .

That is great Gypsy. It fires me up when peopledo that to the poor animals. The know that they can not survive in thewild like that. They are too lazy to find a great home so they justdrop them off.:mad:

Gypsy, how about Mia (pronouncedMee-a)? My first rat was a hooded hairless and her name wasMia. She was a great girl.

My rats get Nutro Lite dog food. It's in a brownbag. They LOVE it. I mix that with Mazuri RodentBlock. A grain mix of some sort would be good too.I give mine a mix. It costs me about 15 or 20 dollars to makeand it makes a ton, so it lasts for a long time. I just keepthe extra in my freezer. If you want the mix, let meknow. I also give them the toasted bread soaked in olive oil,for their skin. I'm trying to think of what else might bulkher up some...If I come up with anything, I'll let you know.I know you know how to care for the little guys though. Sheis in good hands.

Oh, I'm so angry for her! If she is only 4-5 months andpregnant!! How could anyone do that? I will neverunderstand people! If she is pregnant, watch out, she couldbe a maniac mom since she probably hasn't been handled and rat teethcan do a lot of damage. Are you going to keep her?Thank God for people like you who rescue the animals that need it themost.

Jen

So far sheis very sweet ,, I can handleher fine she really isnt snotty, I have one of those lol . She sits rightthere while you pet her head , I dontwant to handle handle her untill I know sheis safe to. poor baby has had it rough .

Mia it is , Thank You .

I jost came up from the Q room . she is full upand drank all she can get into her andis now sleeping soundly . I think with afew good days rest shewill will feel much better . Iwas going to giver her her toast if shewas up to it But I am going tolether rest , I think shefeels safe enough to get into a reallygood deep sleep prbably something shehasnt had in a few days.

I'm so glad she isn't a snotty girl!I'm just feeling so bad for her. What she must have beenthrough living out there all alone. Poor baby!!!!

I'm so glad she found you.

Jen

I posted in the Rainbow Bridge thread also ,

She Died very suddenly on me thisafternoon ,. I feel so bad I wish therewas more I gcould have done for her . atleast she wasnt alone like she wasyesterday . Maybe this is a reason shehung in there . to find someone whowould give her a peacefull day and night .:sad:

Jen I was going through all of my pics. I founda picture with my niece and nephew holding Abby. She is so tiny with 2tiny hands holding her. Everytime I talk to Samantha she asks me allthe time how is Abby, do you still have her. I told her that a goodfriend of mine took Abby. She was heart broken.

Here it is. Samantha, Abby and Justin.

Shawn and I haven't seen each other much latelyand it's been really hard on me. I'm having a tough time allaround and have been really upset about a bunch of things.Well, he surprised me, I mean really surprised me! He got mea new baby. He had me contact a breeder about E. Lops becausehe knew I'd been wanting one, but he said it was for futureknowledgeand I found out just now that we are getting an opalbuck. I have to arrange for pick up. He is at anawkward stage right now, so he looks a little funny, but I do havepictures from the breeder. His name will be Cedric.

CedricatKaties2.jpg

Jen

Latest posts

Back