Chippy's got a lump (benign cystic teratoma.....extra ingrown mammary gland)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts....

.... and I invite everyone and their buns to do a bit o' the happy dance with me!! :bunnydance:

Chippy still has to heal up so DrC can remove the stitches and staples, but he thinks she'll be up to that by next Thursday.
I'll see If I can get some pics of the surgery site.....we've been calling her "Franken-bunny"

DrC is the bestest!! (And not just because he hardly charges me anything.)
He's a very talented and caring person.
I think any other vet would have recommended having Chippy PTS right from the start....or would have given up on her by now.
DrC has been seeing Chippy at least once a week since the beginning of June.

:bunnydance: aah how much did the doc cost in the end? Just curious?;) So happy for you and Chippy and hope you can still afford to take yourself and wife out for celebration dinner!:)

Ofelia wrote:
:bunnydance: aah how much did the doc cost in the end? Just curious?;) So happy for you and Chippy and hope you can still afford to take yourself and wife out for celebration dinner!:)

We've been there12 times.
1 set of digital xrays
1 biopsy out to the lab
4 aspiration procedures
3 Baytril injections
2 pain med injections
1 conventional surgery to remove "mystery lump"
1 laser surgery to remove what turned out to be a benign cystic teratoma

Total cost to date: $548.00 USD

JimD wrote:
1 set of digital xrays
1 biopsy out to the lab
4 aspiration procedures
3 Baytril injections
2 pain med injections

That really chaps my hide....:X Oh, I'm not mad at you, Jim. It just gets me that some vets are much more honest and fair than others.

I think that I need to move farther east....;)

Jenk wrote:
JimD wrote:
1 set of digital xrays
1 biopsy out to the lab
4 aspiration procedures
3 Baytril injections
2 pain med injections

That really chaps my hide....:X Oh, I'm not mad at you, Jim. It just gets me that some vets are much more honest and fair than others.

And I forgot to add the 2 steroid injections.

To tell you the truth....I think he has a crush on Chippy :inlove:

DrC is special. I'm truly blessed to have found him.
And not because he doesn't charge me a lot.....and I can't stress that enough.
He truly cares about the wellbeing of the animals and how it impacts their owners.
I believe he wouldn't give up on an animal until there was absolutely nothing left to do....and then he would despair in the fact that he could do nothing more.

~Jim

PS:
I stuff his shelter donation jar with whatever I can!!!....It's the very least I can do.

Maybe you should. We have some awesome vets.

Jenk wrote:
JimD wrote:
1 set of digital xrays
1 biopsy out to the lab
4 aspiration procedures
3 Baytril injections
2 pain med injections

JimD wrote:
DrC is special. I'm truly blessed to have found him.
And not because he doesn't charge me a lot.....and I can't stress that enough.
He truly cares about the wellbeing of the animals and how it impacts their owners.
I believe he wouldn't give up on an animal until there was absolutely nothing left to do....and then he would despair in the fact that he could do nothing more.

~Jim

PS:
I stuff his shelter donation jar with whatever I can!!!....It's the very least I can do.
That is how we feel about our vet here in Daytona. Dr. Emerson treats all of our rescue rabbits for ridiculously low fees. Whenever we bring our personal bunnies in, she gives us enormous discounts. She just loves the bunnies and truly cares.

JadeIcing wrote:

Jenk wrote:
The problem with that idea, though, is that I've been pining to move farther west. :? There must be good vets out there somewhere, yes?

Jenk wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

Jenk wrote:
The problem with that idea, though, is that I've been pining to move farther west. :? There must be good vets out there somewhere, yes?

No problem!!! Faggitaboutit!

Just send you bunnies to me and you can "go west".
Get settled.
Find a good vet.
Simple...., eh?
:biggrin2:

I'll send your buns back to you when I get bored of them....K?:nod

It was suggested that I post these pics.
The flash and lighting make it look worse than it actually is/was.
And they were taken several days ago, so it looks a whole lot better than the pics show.
There's no swelling and it's healing very well.
The stitches and staples are very well done...nothing is sticking out, everything thing looks "smooth".
DrC did a nice job.;)
If everything is healed, he'll be removing the staples and stitches next Thursday.

Meanwhile....back at LandO' Buns..... , Chippy is doing fine.
She's her happy, bouncy, feisty little self.

owie!

IMG_2309.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

IMG_2308.jpg

I'm glad that you posted the pics. it's agreater area than I thought but it doesn't look inflamed at all. Chippy is just the cutest bun :D
I'm glad this is turning out well.!!!

angieluv wrote:
I'm glad that you posted the pics. it's agreater area than I thought but it doesn't look inflamed at all. Chippy is just the cutest bun :D
I'm glad this is turning out well.!!!

I have a couple more pics that show the whole site, but they came out really blurry for some reason.
The staples go from shoulder to shoulder, and there's a row of stitches going down the middle of her chest....it forms the shape of a "Y"

The laser surgery made a big difference. Less time under anesthesia, less trauma, and less chance of infection.

I'm still going to be anxious about it until I'm convinced that it won't come back.

*** praying:pray: ....and dancing the "go away bad thingies !!!" dance:dancingorig: ***

Poor baby girl, so glad she came through so well! It looks good! Yay! I certainly hope she or you don't have to go through this again.

I think Chippy deserves a Crown Daddy!

"I did so well, I deserve a Crown and a photoshoot!:p:yahoo:"

I wish both of you the best of luck! I wish I could hug that little girl!:):hug:

Good goin, Jim!:big kiss:

P.S. Listen to Chippy.;)

JimD wrote:
No problem!!! Faggitaboutit!

Just send you bunnies to me and you can "go west".
Get settled.
Find a good vet.
Simple...., eh?
:biggrin2:

I'll send your buns back to you when I get bored of them....K?:nod
That sounds like a good plan except for one lil' snag: You wouldn't grow tired of my feisty girls. Between Emma's ultra-sassy behavior andZoe's eagerness to present her snout (raise it upward) for kisses, you'd be smitten. And I've just learned that my newly adopted, laidback boy willfollow/chase me around as I call him. As an added bonus, heallows me to wrap my arms around him for extended cuddling. :D

Who am I kidding? I can't part with any of them, despite the financial hardships. :?

Chippy does look a little less fuzzy, but she's still a doll! She's been through so much and deserves neverending hugs-'n-kisses. :hug: :kiss1:

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I think Chippy deserves a Crown Daddy!

"I did so well, I deserve a Crown and a photoshoot!:p:yahoo:"

I agree! and she looks like the queen in that pose! Good luck to you both for her continued recovery!

[align=center]"I think Chippy deserves a Crown Daddy!" [/align]
[align=left]I agree, but I think Jim deserves a a shot of "CROWN ROYAL"
[/align]
[align=left]Glad to hear Chippy is doing better. Keep up the good work.:)[/align]
[align=left]Susan:bunnydance:[/align]

Back