Cheryl's wonderful bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just love Chocolate Bunny's little smooshie face! One of my shelter bunnies is a brown male lop and he is the sweetest boy. I think he's in love with me. When I sit on the floor he runs circles around me and then jumps in my lap for nose rubs. He just loves playing with toys too. Chocolate Bunny reminds me some much of him.

Wow Cheryl, I've never sat down and read your blog before. I can't believe you have all those buns free roaming together, that's so cool.

I love the pics of Wally and also of Maggie (? the bun who had one ear up and you lost her because she had both ears down) and friend on a shelt of a table (back on page one).

You are so lucky to have them all get on, bar Riley. Can you have severe words with mine please?

Aww Patti,that is so sweet how the little shelter bunny loves you...that's just the sweetest thing...yeah Chocolate Bunny is a sweet little thing as well,but she can be very bossy at times,but she is so adorable,she has a lot of character that girl..i just love her to bits :)

Tracey,to have my bunnies together like that,i think is just luck...plus they have a big space to be on their own if they want to which i'm sure does make a difference...they all don't hang out together at once,they have their favourites that they sit with...little bunny groups lol

I know i'm pretty lucky,and i will neverhave the courageto try it again thoughlol

But it is fun to watch them interact with each other :)

carrothr.gif

This is Sunshine here,my mum has just hopped away for a bit *hehe*,so i thought i would just say that my mum took a video of me today...while i was resting... mind you! :rollseyes....she kept complaining though,that my fur is so black,not as black as Ebony's but black enough that she couldn't get a good picture of me....i was thinking 'well it isn't my fault that i have black fur'geesh!....i was also thinking...'just hurry up mum and take the video so i can go back tosnoozin in peace'....my mum is such a pain in the butt :nod

Well here's the link anyway..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72wWjGtN4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72wWjGtN4g[/ame]

Lots of love..Sunshine :big kiss:

Cheryl,

I just got done reading your WONDERFUL blog. I don't know how I missed it.....

If you get a chance sometime - could you get pictures of a large number of the rabbits together - like 6 or so? Or share who is a favorite of which bunny (best friends I guess?)....

I have got to keep watching this blog.....it was really fun reading....

slavetoabunny wrote:

Awwww, I love your video Sunshine! You are such a pretty bunny.
Sunshine says a big thankyou to you,she appreciates your comment very much :)

Thankyou Peg,and yep i will get those pictures of the bunnies together,i have been meaning to do it for a while now anyway,i dohave an older picture of the bunnies all together,with my Marshmallow and Daisy and the other bunnies that have gone up to bunny heaven,but i will get an updated one :)

carrothr.gif

Well i was taking a video of Jack and Zak today while they were eating a bit of carrot,Zak ate all of his and then he went on to steal poor Jacks carrot,poor Jack he was just shocked that his carrot had been stolen lol...the look on his face was priceless...hehe funny bunnies :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=altgbqCe4ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=altgbqCe4ac[/ame]

I think you are VERY lucky and you have a great dynamic with your buns. Mine fight within two seconds of meeting (even the fixed ones) so it wouldn't matter how much space they had, I would only be left with one, after all the fighting.

I would LOVE to see a big group shot of all of them. You have my dream idea of rabbits, you really do.

The video is hilarious.....Art calls moves like that, "You're not gonna eat all that.....right?" or "Wow...that looks good....can I have some?"

:biggrin2:

Ah, Cheryl, I have just caught up with reading your blog - so many cute bunnies and funny stories :D

I couldn't find a favourite bunny - they are all so adorable in their own way. Great pics and vids :)

Jan

Aww thankyou guys,i appreciate your comments :)...it's also good to see you back Jan :)

Hehe that video i got of Jack and Zak is so funny,i'm sure Zak ate his quickly...it was a plan i tell ya! ;)

Well i just thought i would post a few oldpictures,these are my bunnies all together,but some bunnies are in the loungeroom eating,so they are not in this picture.

These pictures are also older one's.. a bit over two years old..a few of my bridge bunnies are in there.

They are in the kitchen in these pictures

000_1176-2.jpg

000_1177-2.jpg

000_1178-2.jpg

And i will get new updated one's of the bunnies all together soon

OMG Cheryl. I can't even express in word how jealous I am that you get to see all that cuteness everyday!!! Your rabbits are gorgeous...(Especially the white ones that look like my Ella;)and the brown ones that look like my Murphy:biggrin2:)

Thanks Tracey..i just wish my Marshy and Daisy and Baby and the otherswere still here though..it's sad to see them in that picture with the group where they belong :(

I was thinking about Marshmallow yesterday...from yesterday she has been gone for seven months....just 7 months!....Chocolate Bunny and Cassidy are so much like her in every way and i'm blessed to have that about them....Marshy's legacy lives on....Marley is the odd bunny outshe's more like her daddy Pippi in every way...it's funny how that worked out.....I found Marshmallow's vetreciept from when i had to put her to sleep...i burst into tears because i miss her so so much...i cannot describe what an awesome bunny she was...i was so lucky that she was all mine to love and cherish

These are my two favourite pictures of her,i still remember that day clearly...she dug that shallow hole she's lying in..she even rolled in it a few times and she even stayed like thatlong enough for me to quickly run inside and grab my camera...i really wish i had a video player then...i would have loved a video of her so i could watch it all the time.

She was so proud of her little hole in these pictures

000_0076-2.jpg

000_0077-2.jpg

Also this is her last ever reciept.... look they even spelled her name wrong :(

I cropped the top part of because it had all my details on top

Marshisreciept.jpg

I miss her terribly!

:hug:

She is so adorable in that first picture with the hole.Like she is tired after all her hard work.

It's so horrible to lose pets we love a lot, and I do think we will miss them forever, but you know you did the right thing by letting her go to the bridge. That was selfless and the last act of love anyone can show their pets. Marshmallow was lucky to have been loved so much by you.

Hi Cheryl,

I just love looking at your blog with all your beautiful Bunnies. Yes it's sad to see the ones you lost but just think about the wonderful life you gave them. I'm sure they are all watching you from the Pond at the Rainbow Bridge and I bet that Marshmellow is digging lots of holes up there and having the time of her life with all her friends.

Now I think you should come to Canada to visit me and help me bond all of mine so I have one big happy family. You just let me know when you are coming and I will have the spare bedroom made up for you.:)

Susan:D

You know.....Tiny loved his hole so much that he dug too....he could get way way down inside it and we couldn't see him. If I went outside and couldn't find him in his other hiding spots - I knew he was down in his hole.....and the little stinker wouldn't come when he was called but sure enough - a while later I'd go out and he'd be looking at me and have dirt in his fur...

I so wish I had pictures of him with his hole...

You've had so many losses....I do understand how it hurts. I hope the day comes when those pictures will cause you more comfort than pain....I still have pain sometimes when I look at pictures of Tiny - then there are times when I get comfort from them too.

I love seeing all your rabbits eating together - that is just SOOO neat!

Please keep updating this blog regularly - I really do enjoy it...

I wanted to get my bunnies that i lost cremated like i did for Pippi...and now i have been holding a ton of guilt because of it and because i didn't know that the vet would have kept their bodies frozen for me...i only found out when Pippi was sick...and now all i do is feel guilty....i'm what you call a guilty person...i cannot help it i'm like that in my life..not just with the bunnies but it's with everything...like if i feel i have let someone down or if i feel i said the wrong thing to someone...that guilt will eat away at me and i just continually worry and worry..i know it's not a healthy way to live...but i don't know how to stop from feeling guilty.

Tracey.. I miss my bunnies everyday...and all i do is think about them....i keep thinking when my little blind girl Lulu was having seizures one night....i have never seen an animal or person ever have a seizure before and boy was i frightened...i had to put her to sleep as well....she was the first bunny that i ever had to make that awful decision....i cried in that vet for a long time in the waiting room with people around....i cannot forget it.

I miss my Marshy sitting by my feet when i watched tv.

Ugh..i'm getting all teary now....so i want to talk about something else.

Susan...gosh i think i was just lucky to get my bunnies in a group like that...but like i keep saying i don't know how i did it and i don't know if i would ever have the courage to do it again.....somehow i'm sure it was just luck.......but i would love to come to Canada to see all your little beauties though ;)

Peg...i loved your story about Tiny and his hole....what a sweetie he was...bunnies are just the most precious little things....Tiny had such a beautiful character....we all loved that bunny as much as you did :)

I have made another video which i will post here as soon as i download it onto youtube.....i still wish that i had a video when my other bunnies were alive....so sad...i just got a new camera with a videofor christmas 07and i was so excited because i was going to take a video of Pippi.....but he died the day after christmas and i missed out :tears2:

Ok here's something more cheerful..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCXazMgTcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xCXazMgTcE[/ame]

:D

Ugh!!...i just did something stupid......i was opening a can and i sliced my finger..i had blood running all down my hand and arm...now it hurts...stupid finger :X

:hug:Guilt is a normal part of grief, but it does sound like you carry more guilt around than is healthy, all the time. You might find that improving your self esteem might help.

These links might be useful, and there are loads more if you google 'ways to improve self esteem' too.

http://www.utexas.edu/student/cmhc/booklets/selfesteem/selfest.html

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/wtmngment/eatdisordr/articles/0,,241_177100,00.html(even though it says its for eating disorders, it can be applied to anyone.

You might also find changes your thought processes might work too. That's not easy, and takes effort, but it can make a difference. For example, if you think 'I feel so guilty I didn't get them cremated', counteract it with 'but I did the best I could at the time, knowing what I knew. I couldn't have done more' or something. It's basically learning to rationalise your thoughts but also changing how you think about things too.

It might be though, in terms of your bunnies, that your grief is still very prominent, and guilt, like I said, is a part of grief. So maybe to help you move past that particular guilt you need to grieve for your buns. Have you thought about bereavement counselling or anything like that?

I hope it does ease for you Cheryl.

:great:I love your new video!! You're gotten so good at producing them - the music is great.

The other night I had Scooter chasing me aroung the dining room table trying to yank a piece of cardboard out of my hand. I asked my husband to grab the camera and video it. He told me he was too busy watching his movie!! I wanted to commit domestic abuse.

Latest posts

Back