Chance is going to be euthanized

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MyBoyHarper wrote:
Gussy wrote:
If you turnChance in at the shelter...won't they send him to a vet? Imean, if you don't have the cash, that might be anotheroption. You can always "adopt" him back when hegets well.
Ummm... I appreciate your trying to help, but you're basically tellingme to send my rabbit off to a shelter, let them deal with him, and Ican adopt him again whenever he's nice and healthy. There are too manythings wrong with that sentence. :shock:
What I mean is maybe you can work with the shelter...kinda like have anagreement with them before hand so that it complies with theirregulations. I used to work for Uncle Sam and thereare so many rules that you just have learn how to get things done.

Have you tried any other organizations thatoffer help with vet bills? Here are a few I found on the net. Haven'tlooked at their pages, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to try as many aspossible, especially if it looks like IMOM won't work. Good luck ongetting the help you need, I would help if I could, but I lost my jobtoo.
Hilde

American Animal Hospital Association
http://www.aahahelpingpets.org/home/
"Through the AAHA Helping Pets Fund, veterinary care is possible for
sick or injured pets even if they have been abandoned or if their
owner is experiencing financial hardship."

Angels 4 Animals
www.Angels4Animals.org
"Our services range from financial aid to complete treatment
to those pets and pet owners in need."

Care Credit
www.carecredit.com
A credit card company for health care, including veterinary care.
"With a comprehensive range of plan options, for
treatment or procedure fees from $1 to over $25,000, we offer a plan
and a low monthly payment to fit comfortably into almost every
budget."

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance (FVEAP)
http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/
"Seniors, People with disabilities, People who
have lost their job, Good Samaritans who rescue a cat or kitten - any
of these folks may need financial assistance to save a beloved companion."

The Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Program is a nonprofit 501
(c)(3) organization that provides financial assistance to cat and
kitten guardians who are unable to afford veterinary services to save
their companions when life-threatening illness or injury strikes.

God's Creatures Ministry
http://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html
"This fund helps pay for veterinarian bills for those who need help."

Help-A-Pet
http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html
"Our efforts focus on serving the elderly, the disabled, and the
working poor."

IMOM
http://www.imom.org
"We are dedicated to insure that no
companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker
is financially challenged."

The Pet Fund
http://thepetfund.com/
"The Pet Fund is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit association that
provides financial assistance to owners of domestic animals who need
urgent veterinary care."

United Animal Nations
http://www.uan.org/lifeline/index.html
"The mission of LifeLine is to help homeless or recently rescued
animals suffering from life-threatening conditions that require
specific and immediate emergency veterinary care. We strive to serve
Good Samaritans and rescue groups who take in sick or injured
animals. In certain cases, LifeLine can also assist senior citizens
and low-income families pay for immediate emergency veterinary care."

I would be scared too..but look at allyou're doing to try to save him...if he doesn't make it then you knowthat you gave 110% of yourself to save him and thatis all any human being can do and way more....

Hazel, I already did that. I spent the entiremorning going through all the sites that came up on my google searchfor financial aid for vet costs. They pretty much were all like IMOMand required the same paperwork. Some actually required even morepaperwork.

I need to get insurance on Chance, but at this rate, I don't thinkit'll do me any good since it's a "pre-existing condition". I WAS goingto go with VPI, I still need to do some looking.

Pet Fund and Angels for Animals were the firsttwo I looked at. Both (pretty much all of those) required an itemizedbill after diagnosis before approving me. My problem must be a rareone, because I can't afford the tests to even get him diagnosed.

I want to go ahead and try to get a "goal" sethere for Chance. My vet said to expect to pay $500 - $700. I've beentold by others to pay $300 - $500 initially.

My goal right now is to just get him into LSU and have them run aurinalysis, blood work, and x-rays to determine the problem withChance. I was told this will run around $300. So my goal for Chance isto raise $300.

Right now, I'm up to $27 with eBay auctions and they still have quite abit of time to go. I'm getting $40 for my bicycle I'm selling, and $30for my 20 gallon fish tank, pump, filter, and all accessories. I'vealso had two people send donations through PayPal (thank you!) so,we're up to just past $100. $200 to go!

At least it's looking hopeful that we may make our goal.

Someone told me to go donate blood. :shock:I may look into that this weekend.

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Right now, I'm up to $27 with eBay auctions and they still have quite abit of time to go. I'm getting $40 for my bicycle I'm selling, and $30for my 20 gallon fish tank, pump, filter, and all accessories. I'vealso had two people send donations through PayPal (thank you!) so,we're up to just past $100. $200 to go!

It really shows that you really love Chance... I'll pray for you and Chance. :pray:

Do you have a local newspaper? Maybesee if someone wants to do a story on therescue and on Chance(take advantage of the fact that it's Easter!) and see if you can setup some way for people to donate to the vet for Chance's bills.... evenif it's to the shelter vet and not LSU if that does not panout.

Edit: But still remember tosay that rabbits aren't Easter pets! :mad:
________
Nadia

HoneyPot wrote:
Do you have a local newspaper? Maybe see ifsomeone wants to do a story on therescue and on Chance (takeadvantage of the fact that it's Easter!) and see if you can set up someway for people to donate to the vet for Chance's bills.... even if it'sto the shelter vet and not LSU if that does not pan out.

________
Nadia

I second this plan. Easter thing is a brilliant idea.

Been there done that. The local newspaperalready did an article on the rescue and it will be published one weekbefore easter on April 1. However, they weren't interested in him beingsick, though they did talk about his condition when we found him inorder to show people what happens if rabbits aren't cared for properly.

MyBoyHarper wrote:
Been there done that. The local newspaper already did anarticle on the rescue and it will be published one week before easteron April 1. However, they weren't interested in him being sick, thoughthey did talk about his condition when we found him in order to showpeople what happens if rabbits aren't cared for properly.
poo

MyBoyHarper wrote:
I want to go ahead and try to get a "goal" set here forChance. My vet said to expect to pay $500 - $700. I've been told byothers to pay $300 - $500 initially.

My goal right now is to just get him into LSU and have them run aurinalysis, blood work, and x-rays to determine the problem withChance. I was told this will run around $300. So my goal for Chance isto raise $300.

At least it's looking hopeful that we may make our goal.

Someone told me to go donate blood. :shock:I may look into that this weekend.
wowchance is so lucky to have a good bunnymom like you!:hug1

CookieNCream wrote:
HoneyPot wrote:
Do you havea local newspaper? Maybe see if someone wants to do a storyon therescue and on Chance (take advantage of the fact thatit's Easter!) and see if you can set up some way for people to donateto the vet for Chance's bills.... even if it's to the shelter vet andnot LSU if that does not pan out.

________
Nadia

I second this plan. Easter thing is a brilliant idea.
Worth a try Chance is so beautiful. If they post his pic, ppl will eat him up.

Back