Chance is going to be euthanized

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just red ec posts above

I think that what she is saying is to get the form filled out to thebest of your ability and don't worry so much if it is doneperfectly..if she worked for the federal government then she would know.

I feel bad that everyone is bombarding you with suggestion...don't let us overwhelm you

you are doing a great job

I'm already bombarded, but not with any of youguys. I'm so thankful that everyone has been there for me and Chanceand has taken the time to give us all these wonderful suggestions. AndI am still working on the IMOM application. Per what Pipp said, for nowI am going to send them MY vet's diagnosis, even though he needs to bere-tested at LSU because my vet wasn't very thorough. But it's a start.

I'm sorry if I seem snappish at any of you, I promise I am so grateful.I'm just extremely overwhelmed right now, not to mention scared andconcerned. If I had a ton of money that would be great. Or even acredit card or the credit to take out a loan. But I maxed my creditcard with Harper's surgery and I'm in the credit bureau now. It killedmy credit too, so now I can't take out a loan either.

Just put down the wrong diagnosis to get onedown and then if you go to LSU they will know it is incorrect and youcan explain all of this yourself.
Lots of doctors misdiagnose rabbits

Happens to me constantly
LSU will be able to figure out the errors of the past vets..its not your responsibility
Anywhere you go with him you can explain what you think

If they are a good vet they will listen; if not they will brush over it

MBH, no worries - my point is that IMOM doesn'texpect *you* to know everything and be able to figure out what's wrongwith Chance. That's for others to do.

If you just answer to the best of your ability, you'll do fine - that's all IMOM is asking of you.

Cool? ;)

Well, that ended that.

IMOM won't give me approval for the application (you have to fill out aform, then if they see you have all the paperwork, they'll send you theactual application). I need to fax them the Letter of Denial fromCareCredit, which I haven't gotten in the mail yet.

They also require that written estimate of costsfrom LSU before they'll even give me the application.

*Sigh*

I bet you can get some kind of estimate from LSU, also that Care Credit can fax or e-mail that letter to you.

I know you're overwhelmed and understand the feeling - believe me, I'vebeen there, with sick family members. Just try to take it a step at atime, and a day at a time, OK?

EC, there's a possibility that I may not get IMOM's assistant. The timeline just isn't working out.

First, I highly doubt LSU can send me an estimate. They really need totake tests to determine what is making him sick (I've already talked tothem about this). My vet was mostly assuming, since he never did thatmuch in depth testing to truly determine what's making him sick. LSUwill need to do tests to determine what the problem is. However, that'snot the only problem. They still won't agree to IMOM's policies, andIMOM is still stating that they must recieve that letter stating thatLSU will accept the policy before I can even do the application. Sobetween that, and the fact that I can't get a itemized bill withoutactually going to the vet first, I don't think IMOM is going to work.

Offto Ebay... putting up more auctions as we speak. I'll post the links when I'm done.

Hmm... so what about the vet your friend at therescue goes to - you said they are rabbit savvy? Are theywilling to do all the proper tests and accept IMOM?

Nadia

Have you tried calling either your normal vet oranother vet and asking if they can prescribe lactated ringers and showyou how to do it?

Or are there any breeders in the area who will help you?

Peg

Edited to add: Can you ask on Etherbun if there is anyone near you who can help give him subq fluids..?

IMOM.org

It's an organization that helps get donations to pay for vet bills for approved people who can't afford it.

On a separate note, I'm just saying what I'm about to say because I'mscared and I know you great group of people would understand how I feelthe best.

I'm so scared I'm going to lose Chance before I can get him the help he needs. And that is one helpless feeling.

Latest posts

Back