Carley & Harley.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I haven't updated you guys in awhile, lots of stuff going on recently. I will update you properly with pictures soon.

Jynx goes in for her spay tomorrow, I'm really nervous.
I hope everything is okay, I'm worried about her a lot.

Mostly her being there over night stressing out about her cone and being locked in a cage all by herself. ):

Turned out to be more expensive then we thought... 525 after taxes and everything. Ugh.

Anyways, keep Jynx in your head tomorrow and hope for an uneventful spay. Thanks. :)

Well today is the big day, I hope everything goes alright.

Going to miss her a lot today...

I'll keep you updated once she's done later today, since they usually call and tell you how they did right?

Whether they call you or not depends on the vet. I have always had to call myself, but they usually give me a time frame in which is the best to call them to see how the surgery went.

Well I called at 4pm today, and she was doing good.

I feel... A little pushed though.
Like I wanted to know how everything went and they blew me off.
They also rushed me out the door when I dropped her off.

I just with they were a little more comforting.
I can't wait till I can pick her up tomorrow, I miss her.

I have definitely noticed a significant decline in good bedside manner amongst both human doctors and veterinarians. It's really a shame. People shouldn't do these practices just for the paycheck, they should do it for the love of the job and the ability to deal with people in a friendly manner. It's very discomforting.

You'll have her back in your arms before you know it.

Got my baby home now and she's doing good.
She isn't red or swollen, I still don't think I'd take another animal there due to the lack of compassion.
But they did do a good job, and she isn't stressing about her cone.

They DID do a free nail trim too and it's the BEST nail trim I have ever seen, I'm guessing they did them when she was out cold since she hates getting her nails cut and these look so good!

Here is a picture of my sad puppy and her new toy I got her for the surgery. His name is Bearychew LOL.

photo-1.jpg

She's a tired and sore looking pup.

I don't think they gave her food or water the entire time she was there, food... Alright... Water though? I don't think that should have happened.

She's drinking like crazy, she was licking the grass and trying to drink out of puddles as soon as she got out of the clinic. She's also had like three bowls of water so far today.

I thought you guys might want to see how big Harley has gotten.
It's not the best picture, but it's Harley trying to wake up Stephen. :3

He's gotten HUGE.

photo1.jpg

Our vet, who has been in practice 20 years and worked wildlife rehab for a lot of that, was always really good with our dogs and she didn't like giving them a lot of water after surgery because it can make their nausea worse while they are getting over the medication. She always warned us to take it slow with them when we got them home, gave us detailed instructions on the care of the stitches, etc. So being thirsty isn't abnormal if they follow the same practice.

Your vet should have had more patience with a fretful owner over surgery though! Glad she is doing well, $525 is ALOT for a spay, wow :eek:

And awww, Harley is so cute :)

I love your blog and harley is sooo adorable. My niece has holland lop doe named FuFu and I looove her. She is the sweetest bunny.I am sure a holland lop will be my fourth. LOL

By the way, the bunny rattle and ball you got are Kramers (lionhead) faves. Also a faveorite of FuFu's

Harley likes that one too, he carries it around (doesn't chew it much though).

Yeah the spay was also the cheapest in the area, the other prices I got were anywhere from 550 - 650.

Thanks for explaining what the water problem might have been, she's still a little sad about the cone, she gets her stitches off on Saturday.

It's Stephen and I's two year anniversary today. :3

Well yesterday she went to the vet to get her staples out.

... Problem was my dog took up yoga on Friday and learned how to lick herself. So she was a little red, they still took out the staples but she has to wear the cone for a bit more - Now we also have boy underwear on her... But she still manages to take it off and lick during the night.

We've also been putting some bitter spray (it's okay for cuts and such) on her too, but she's still trying.

I'm... a little more then annoyed since I'm not sure what else I can do and this cone is getting really annoying (she bangs into everything, including people).

Latest posts

Back