Carley & Harley.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, are you sure Harley is a bunny? LOL

A lot of bunns don't use the cone when they are spayed. Mine never bothered her incision. I think the cone adds more stress than they are worth personally. Has Jynx proven to be a stich chewer before?

You probably did better on your exam then you think. I remember some tests I thought I did poorly on, turned out to be pretty good.

I have a herd of craisins and banana chip addicts. Before I even open the craisin or bananacontainer they are making a racket.

I'm not sure why he didn't want them. ): He just sniffed and was like BLAH, I DON'T WANT THAT LETS RUN AROUND INSTEAD!

Also Jynx is my dog. :3 She hurt her paw last year and we gave her the cone to keep away from the wound. She wouldn't eat, sleep, relax, or even drink after panting for HOURS. So we ended up having to retape the bandage every... 30 - 60 minutes ): So yeah she has a bit of a problem with leaving her wounds alone.

I'm worried, and I've mentioned it to the vet she said I could either go for a 24 hour vet or they'll try to calm her down there. I really doubt she'll calm down being away from me and having the cone. But it needs to get done.

Why it needs done asap is because she was playing with a male I thought was way to young to have those hormones (just turned 5 months) he might still might been too young for there to be any 'substance', but I don't want to take chances since they did lock together...

So she's going to get an emergency spay because I didn't want puppies as she's not breed quality. The only reason she wasn't spayed was due to her anxiety and stress from the cone. This was also literally the ONE time I let her play with an unaltered male - shows me right?

Having a bad week for sure...

Also thanks about the nice words about the exam. I won't know for 4 - 6 weeks... I hope you guys are right. I also love how long they make you suffer for your grades. LOL.

I'm also going to have to try banana chips with him.

This sounds weird, but you can put men's deoderant around the incision, not on, around. Dogs lick across wounds, so they hit the deoderant first. It tastes nasty so they stop licking. Sorry I got confused. I wondered when you got another bun. :)

It is best to get the spay over with, it's better than dealing with puppies. Plus now you won't have to worry about lots of cancers.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that one!

and yeah we've always wanted to get her spayed but we were worried how she'd do with her stress and the cone. But now we have no choice because I will not let my mistake cause more homeless and unwanted puppies.

I am also REALLY nervous about her being there all night because my grandmas dog almost bled to death for licking out his stiches over night since they didn't put the cone on him.

Jynx is going to freak with the cone on, but I made sure I told them not to leave her unprotected over night since I don't want the same thing that happened with my grandmas dog to happen with my Jynxers. So even if she is stressing... I want something on her.

Do they not have over night observation? That is one thing I really like about my vet, they have a tech on all night. I pay more, but that is great security.

As long as they know Jynx has a history they should use the cone. I wonder if she would do better with a mild sedation over night? There are basicly anti-anxiety drugs they can use to help.

I was thinking about the drugs too.
I'm just worried they're going to be ridiculously expensive.

Also no they don't have overnight observation. The only ones that have that here are emergency vets.

Oh she won't be going for her 'emergency' spay until May 17th.

It was the soonest I could get it at this one vet and they said there would be no problem doing it at that stage (if she is pregnant)... I'm still a little worried though.

Not sure if she is pregnant, but still just incase and I needed to get it done anyways.

Happy Birthday to me!

Sorry I haven't updated you guys in awhile. I also have not posted any pictures later - sorry!

Harley is doing good. He's been TRYING to get into to chocolate - Don't worry I won't let him. But he'll literally follow me around with it LOL.

He's doing so good with litter training too!

Jynx seems fine, just saving up some money for her spay.

All the other animals are good too. :3

[align=center]Looking forward to when you post pictures! I want pics of both Jynx AND Harley =)

Good luck with her spay by the way =) What kind of dog did Jynx.. do it with? XD just curious =O

That's cute ahout Harley following you for chocolate.. XD What a naughty bunny XD

[align=center]OH MY GOD. I was responding, bout to say Happy Birthday, and then I got off track and babbled on Jynx and Harley XD... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

[align=center]Drew this for you ;)
Harley.png

Sorry it's so big O_O

Harlequin is a HARD color to produce digitally. For my style of coloring at least. I hope you like it ^_^

Oh my gosh, I love the picture!! I really, really love it.
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes!

Also it was a white boxer.. :p

Made your picture my avatar! For some reason the background went black, still looks nice though. Only problem is you can't see your name. ):

Thank you again.

Jynx went to the vet today, LOL.
She was getting her yearly check up and shots.

Well she made friends with a huge orange cat. I LOVE orange cats... The kitty I raised was an orange tabby, they're so pretty and underated.

ANYWAYS.
One of the vet technicians have a boxer Jynx DOES NOT like at all. I don't think he likes her either. Even when she was a young pup she didn't like him - it's weird, she likes everyone.

Well we go into the office and right away she was like "OH NO... I REMEMBER WHAT THIS IS!" and she tried to hide behind me. My vet is an awesome guy, he should be retired but he just loves his job too much. He really cares about his patients (he even did free minor surgery that I'm sure ANY other vet would make you pay for)... He also has a GSD. ;3

So my vet was saying to Jynx that what if a police shepherd saw her, they wouldn't be impressed of her being a wimp. He's just a funny old guy.

Well he got the first shot in... LOL.
Then all hell broke loose. Jynx was running/jumping/tripping... LOL it was a scene for sure.

I tried to hold her down the best I could while he put the second shot in and she kinda bolt jumped upwards... Bending the needle in the process... She's okay though :p

She got a treat afterwards and her new rabies shot charm is a pretty green bell shape thing. haha.

Oh getting her spayed is going to be fun... LOL NOT.

--

News on getting her spayed, well I called to MAKE SURE that it was going to be 400 dollars. Well it wasn't. They forgot to mention that was BEFORE taxes and bloodwork. BLAH.

I almost cried on the phone - so stressed with money right now. So she spoke to the vet and did something they never let people do before - A PAYMENT PLAN, WOO.

It's not much, but it DOES help.
2/3 of the payment when we get it done (350) and then the 1/3 when the stitches come out in the next ten days (175).

I'm really happy they did that because we weren't even sure we'd have the 400. 350 is a lot better since i'm racing the clock trying to get the money in time and then we'd have another pay check inbetween.

I also have NEVER been to this vet, and I live in a different city, so I'm really impressed they let me do that. I guess my "I'm just trying to do the right thing of not brining unwanted puppies into the world - BUT IT'S SO HARD!" pushed her over the edge.

By the way, I'm a cry baby if you haven't noticed.

---

Now for the other pets...
Harley is great, and he's still my binky king. He's getting BIG.

My puffer fish died though ): He was a really cool fish. He wasn't like all my other fish tanks. He would follow your fingers around and he was trained to eat out of your hand... R.I.P. Puff Puff AKA Crunch ... blah I feel so lame for getting emotional over a fish, but he was a really wicked fish. >(^o^)< LOL yes, that is suppost to be a puffer fish. :3

Wow, what a cool blog and adorable bunny! Can't believe I didn't bump into this place before.

Your pets are just gorgeous! I am so sorry to hear about Puff Puff. Maybe to everyone else he was "just a fish", but to you he was a member of the family and you loved him. A life is as important as someone makes it.

I hope everything is going well with you and your babies.

Latest posts

Back