Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bunnylover78642 wrote:
I own 1 dutch and 1 mini-rex. Their cages seem to small forthem. They have a house, litter box, toys, food bowl, and water bottlein their cages. We are making them a new cage but we were wondering howbig we should make it. They live outside and need a wooden cover orsomething. Another thing is the Dutch is pregnant. I would like to getthem some more toys but they don't have enough room. They are in theircages for at least 9 1.2 hrs because I am in school then. Then I comehome do hw and then get them out to play with. The bottom of the cageright now is wire. We dont have any thing done yet so the moresuggestions the better.

Joscelyn

P.S. The Gemine(dutch) is 5 months old and Leo(mini-rex)is 3 months old.
Please Help me as soon as possible since I would really like to get them settled...

This is Flopsy's home. His two-story condo. They have a porch that they can jump on to get into the top.

-Ashley & Flopsy

Thanks for posting that picture, Flopsy!

I love that cage. :)

-Carolyn

ooh I want to build a little house for Winstonand Mabel to hide in. They need one sometimes...like when I vacuumedtoday, poor Winston seemed a little traumatized. He's fine now, thoughsnoozing away as usual!

Anyway, how did you make those houses, Flopsy? Or did you buy them? Reveal your secrets! ;)

Luna_102_blue.jpg

These seem like great cages. Of course, I'm all set with my nifty andslightly precarious NIC cage (I just reinforced it with cable ties,thank goodness), but I drool over this every time I go to the petstore. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I saw that indoor cage at petco. I wanted it sooobad. But it would be a waste of money because Flopsy's not allowed inthe house anyway... but maybe I will buy it next hurricane season.Thats when he stays in his small baby cage in the garage. Maybe I canput that cage in the garage. Hmmm, I like that idea.

http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/
products/detail/standard/September04/7738_3c6b5.jpg

-------------

-Ashley

NightPoet00 wrote:
Luna_102_blue.jpg

These seem like great cages. Of course, I'm all set with my nifty andslightly precarious NIC cage (I just reinforced it with cable ties,thank goodness), but I drool over this every time I go to the petstore. Anyone have any experience with this one?
No, but I don't see any door that permits the rabbit to enter and exit,with a ramp you must provide, unless you are going to pick him up andreturn him to his cage each time you let him out.

The nest box end obviously opens, but then you still need to remove andreplace the next box each time you let the bun out. Carolyn'scage for Tucker had a similar next box opening only that required herto do that until I added another "door" to the cage.

Tray arrangement is kind of funky. Why twopanswhere one would function just as well? Are those inclinedtrays over the pans to direct refuse into the pans or"covers?" In any event, they seem redundant.

No room for a litter box should you desire to use one, in spite of theslotted floor, portions of which are not slit and might holdpoops/urine.

Pretty cage and I like the nest box idea and the castoring wheels, butthe whole package is not terribly efficient to my way of thinking.

Buck

Very true buck! At first glance, thatlooks like a high-tech cage...but I guess under an experienced eye, itreally may not be that efficient! That's some good cageevaluation if you ask me!

-Vanessa

this is a modified ferret cage, they seem to likeit- plenty of room to run around in...lol. is this a good cage or dothey need more room?

rabbitcage.jpg

bunniecage.jpg

rabbitsincage.jpg

bunniesincage.jpg

02-28-05.jpg

A neigbor knocked on my door and asked if I wanted a cage that someonewas throwing away... I took one look in the back of his truck and saidyes.:D Whoever made this cage did a beautiful job and I amvery happy with it and so are my bunnies.

zoecat6 wrote:
02-28-05.jpg

A neigbor knocked on my door and asked if I wanted a cage that someonewas throwing away... I took one look in the back of his truck and saidyes.:D Whoever made this cage did a beautiful job and I amvery happy with it and so are my bunnies.
Wow! That is a nice cage :D

zoecat6 wrote:
Aneigbor knocked on my door and asked if I wanted a cage that someonewas throwing away... I took one look in the back of his truck and saidyes.:D Whoever made this cage did a beautiful job and I amvery happy with it and so are my bunnies.

Wow that looks like a nice cage. The bottom of it looks really deep, isthere something under there? What is the floor made out of?

Megan

Actually the bottom is built up because they cutout an area that a litter pan fits in perfectly, that you canremove and clean. I have an extra pan in there because theyseemed to want to go in that spot also. Whoever made the cagedid a beautiful job on it and I am thrilled to have it. Mybunnies are never locked in and can roam my bedroom at will, penelopeonly goes in the cage to eat, but pepe almost never leaves thecage. I think for her it feels like a safe zone.

The cage floor is wooden, and I keep the bottomcovered with newspaper. I tried every kind of litter made fortheir pan including yesterdays news, but the prefer just plain oldnewspaper. I also have litter pans scattered around thebedroom in their prefered spots, and they use them when out of the cage.

I would say it's big enough Chip provided thatyou let your bunnies out for a few hours every day to runaround. It could either be in the house or in a safe area inthe garden where they can't get out and you can sit withthem. My bunnies stay in a big run during the day then everyevening they have the full run of my hallway and stairs - you shouldsee the Bunny 500's and binkying when they're there.

bunnycondo.jpg

Here's Harold and Judy's condo. I love using the storage cubes. Twocubes high is perfect because I don't have to put a top on which makescleaning up a breeze. No crawling around on the floor and stretching toreach in through a door. It's also handy when trying to put the bunsaway for the night. I can close the door on one to keep her in while Isearch out the other and drop them in from the top. We've replaced thecardboard door with something more permanent. Judy chewed through it ina hurry!

The cubes are very inexpensive, easy to obtain, and work great(especially with pull-ties to reinforce). The floor of the cage is madefrom a length of plastic intended to be a protective layer for arolling office chair. The whole set up cost about $30 and it can berearranged in the future if our living space changes. I've also kept aferret in such a set up. In that case, a roof is a must, but it stillworked great.

Latest posts

Back