Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here's Bramble and Briar's hand-built cage:

100_0834.jpg

Ellie

I used Coroplast for the bottom of mine, but onthe upper floors, I used indoor/outdoor carpet. It cost me $3and it works great. I just cut it to size and placed it inthere. I can pull it out to clean any time I want.

Laura

Coroplast sounds like a good idea. The thingabout carpet is my bunnies are not very good with litter training. Theyrefuse to use their litter box and mess around it. I'm afraid if I usecarpet, they might use that as a bathroom. What do you clean your cagewith? Any special cleaning solution?

Many people on this forum us a vinegar/watersolution to clean with...vinegar really helps get off dried urinestains....I use Natures Miracle cleaning solution...

I need to get some cloroplast..right now I just put recycled packagingpaper down...I can't put any carpet material in Cosmo's cage, becausehe'll chew on it...which is bad...

-Vanessa

Thanks for the tips. I'm planning to buy the materials tomorrow. The girls will be very excited to have a new home.

Hi. I just got a rabbit. I need a recommendationfor a good cage that will be very easy to clean and gives the rabbitenough space, maybe even have 2 floors. It probably would have to bewire because it will include a cleaning tray.

The cage will be indoor. My mom thinks the bunny smells and wants tokeep it outdoor, so that is why I want it easily cleaned. I don't wantthe bunny outside in nyc's fast changing weather. I will probablysooner or later have to give into my mom's demand and get a hutch too,so maybe you guys can recommend one of that too.

So far I think the nice ones are the Rabbitrail 2 level, but I don'tthink this one has a tray. The other is Wabbitat Midwest Rabbit Cage157 37W x 19D x 20H, but the floor seems to close to the wire ground,which doesn't seem sanitary for my rabbit. Thanks.

The sooner the better the reply, since the rabbit is now in a cardboard box. I really do want him out of that.

Heres some pics of my cages, can i just ask how u put multiple images on one post.

The small cage is Flops current cage but we are hoping to get himsomething better. The older cage with the run is russels which heshares with the guinea pigs. The newest cage with the house and run isRoxy's and her babies. In this pic she has been in the same positionfor a while because of her poorly leg. poor girl. She cant get up anddown so we have to move her! :(

Leanne

Here are a few pics of Wrigley's most current cage...

wrigley_55.jpg

wrigley_57.jpg

I also use his old cage as his temp. cage when cleaning out his roomand I just built him a playpen for when he comes into mybedroom. :D

Jenn

Hi Detonate! I'dsuggest you look through the entire "Cages Only" Post and see what typecage appeals to you. See what type cage you think you have the spacefor and you think would be easy to keep clean.

I have an outdoor hutch for Sebastianwhich is used on nice days and primarily every day use in the springand fall. I believe it is pictured at the very beginning of this post.Then we also have an indoor Condo which is where he stays during hotweather and cold weather. The Condo is built with the wire storagecubes and is very inexpensive to build compared to buying a cage ofcomparable size. You can also change them around as you please. It ispictured in a couple different places in this post.

We use Woody Pet for his litter box.There is a thread dedicated entirely to the Woody Pet product here onthe forum.It is absolutely the best litter box product outthere and there is NO odor problem when you use it. It is cheap, easyto use, and odor free. Much better than any kitty litter and muchbetter for a rabbit. Good Luck and Happy Researching!

RaspberrySwirl

Here's our NIC cage, it is 3 cubes high, 2 deep,and 3 wide. they have coroplast on the bottom, and cardboard on theother levels, that gets replaced once a year (as you can see, it'sabout time to replace it again lol) There is a wood beam supportingeach major floor. The whole cage is assembled with cable ties.

it was about $80 total. I vote this thread be stickied :) it is very helpful! Lot's of great ideas!

Latest posts

Back