Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mentioned my hutches in thepast. This post and the next few will give views of the hutchdesign. Please note opening top and front,wheels,ample overhang of roof, corrogated plastic roofing, separatecompartments, J-Feeder and hayrack in sleeping compartment forprotection from weather, and stain in lieu of paint for ease ofapplication and maintenance. Lattice work is for asthetic andstructural support. No lattice on front in order to precludebun(s) from eluding my grasp when it is time to return tohutches.

I installed a thermometer in order to monitor inside temperatures.

Buck in Tucker Town

Sorry Folks, I don't know how to post more than one picture at a timewith MS Editor. Will follow up in Raspberry Swirl'sinstructions. Thanks so much, Raspberry, for helping us allout by writing that.

-Carolyn

This hutch is a commercially available one, whichI rebuilt to make more efficient by adding wheels, sleeping box,lattice work, and corrogated plastic roofing. It still hasshortcoming due to its original poor design, but it is spacious enoughto house Calbert and Missy.

Buck

Top Banana! I am really impressed with thehutches. Here in the UK it is hard to relate to your methods of housingas it is for you to relate to ours (Does that make sense)?. Howeverthat is one of the most logical, practical and attractive hutches Ihave seen pictured – and I am sure will be copied!! Well done.

Bob

Buck, can you build me a shed please?!:D:pYour hutches areso pretty and we needto do some bun shuffling now we have babies!

I'm going to have to talk to the old man and get him to build me a couple.

Ang xx

This is TuckerLane.

Buck Jones rebuilt Tucker and Fauna's cage this weekend.You'd never know that the work he did wasn't original to thecage. It's amazing. He switched the side thenestbox was on, and put in a front door for Tucks so that he can hop inand out. Fauna enjoys the ramp.

Can't tell you how excited I am to have a front door on thecage.

Thank you,Buck!!

-Carolyn

Elf Mommy wrote:
What did the door the cages are covering up USED to go to? hehe

There wasn't a side-door. It only opened from thetop. I used to have to take the nestbox off and attach theramp. Buck also made the ramp for the two of them.Tucker loves it!

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Elf Mommy wrote:
What did thedoor the cages are covering up USED to go to? hehe

There wasn't a side-door. It only opened from thetop. I used to have to take the nestbox off and attach theramp. Buck also made the ramp for the two of them.Tucker loves it!

-Carolyn
I think we're asking about the door behind thecage. The one with the OZ poster on it? My bunnie room has a door thatused to be a closet before it got blocked in. At least I think it was acloset :?.

Jim

Ohhh!!

That leads into a hallway. I just go around the other way if I need to.

:)

-Carolyn

Reconfigured the bunny's cage, here's the new look:

Cagemontage1.jpg

Cagemontage2.jpg

I'm interested in attaching a nest-box to the side. How exactly would I do that?

Can we sticky this? It took me quite some time totrack it down, and during my search I saw that many other people weretrying to find the same thread. Just a suggestion! :)

Latest posts

Back