Cages Only 1 (now closed)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i gotta post Ivory's cage, even though you guys have prolly already seen it :)

tn_112-1202_IMG.jpg
sincethen, we've added a sign, and changed the food thingy (blue) since itdidnt work =\

tn_112-1205_IMG.jpg
theresthe sign, and the bowl, and the baby

tn_112-1206_IMG.jpg
close up of the sign

tn_112-1207_IMG.jpg
closeup of the food, the baby, and the toy :)

GJSara-

Hi! I used to have that exact cage for my new bunnyCosmo. I really couldn't stand that cage, it was very loudwhen you closed the top shut and I could tell Cosmo was really feelingcramped. Since then I have gotten him a big two story cagewhich him and myself are both fully enjoying! What are yourfeelings about this cage? Does it work well for you and yourbun?

-Vanessa

Here's how my cage is coming. What am I doingwrong? This took 2 packages of crate pieces, and it still wasn't enoughto add a third level! Any tips, please??

VNess2010 wrote:
GJSara-

Hi! I used to have that exact cage for my new bunnyCosmo. I really couldn't stand that cage, it was very loudwhen you closed the top shut and I could tell Cosmo was really feelingcramped. Since then I have gotten him a big two story cagewhich him and myself are both fully enjoying! What are yourfeelings about this cage? Does it work well for you and yourbun?

-Vanessa

hi van lyla is a dwarf so she dosent need so much room your bun looks like hes a

little bigger, lyla dosent seem to mind her cage shes not in there a whole lot, there is

two sizes of that cage and i have the bigger one for her and the smaller for my

guinea pig. i like them because not alot of mess. also their is a space issue my

boyfriend and i live in a townhome its nice just very small lol. maybe when we buy a

house and the pets have their own room then we'll get her another cage but like i

said she really dosent seem to mind:)

sara

I HOPE IVE PRESSED THE RIGHT REPLY BUTTON ELF MOMMY

I JUST WANTED TO SAY WHAT A LOVELY CAGE YOU HAVE

WHERE GID YOU GET IT

VARNA XXX

Well, I started building it, and my husband took over. :p

This is the website I used as directions to build the cage (along with looking at other cages people built on this website).

http://www.michiganrabbitrescue.org/condo.htm

Elf really loves her cage. Even when I let her roam around, I oftenfind her chilling on the top shelf or stretched out along the bottom ofthe cage. I feel better having her in it because she can stretch out somuch, out and up. I just added a mirror yesterday, but she doesn't seemto be too interested in her reflection yet. :)

I hope that helps! It's a wonderful way to give your bun some extra freedom, even when caged!

Minda

I own 1 dutch and 1 mini-rex. Their cages seem tosmall for them. They have a house, litter box, toys, food bowl, andwater bottle in their cages. We are making them a new cage but we werewondering how big we should make it. They live outside and need awooden cover or something. Another thing is the Dutch is pregnant. Iwould like to get them some more toys but they don't have enough room.They are in their cages for at least 9 1.2 hrs because I am in schoolthen. Then I come home do hw and then get them out to play with. Thebottom of the cage right now is wire. We dont have any thing done yetso the more suggestions the better.

Joscelyn

P.S. The Gemine(dutch) is 5 months old and Leo(mini-rex)is 3 months old.

Night poet, a second and closer look at your cageand I'm really liking how you used the NIC tiles to create the shelf onthe bottom. I think that is why you didn't have enough for the othershelves, though. Most people when they make the cages, put the tilesacross the sides that are 2 tiles wide--the sides. The tiles aresecured directly to the cage, without NIC tiles to support them. Somepeople don't put the cube squares on the bottom of the cage either (andchoose an alternate flooring) which gives them more tiles to use on theinterior of the cage. :) Just some thoughts. You didn't do anythingwrong, you made a more stable shelf on the bottom level. :)

Minda

Latest posts

Back