Cadbury's come to stay with us....forever (R.I.P.)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the kind words, good thoughts, and prayers sent.

Karma is a strong medicine!!

P.S. ~ I'm sure Cadbury would want to say thanks , too!!

I thought it best to move this thread out of the Infirmary.
I want to keep posting updates, but don't want to distract from the buns that need help.

Cadbury is doing well, but still has some issues that he may, or may not, overcome.

His eyes are looking good. His nose is still runny, but not as bad...and it's clear discharge. And his breathing has improved.

His hind legs are an issue. I'm not sure if it's from a previous injury, or something like arthritis or spondylosis.
He has difficulty moving around and balancing.

I was going to try to litter train him, but I don't think he'd be able to get in and out of a pan. He's trained to use wee-wee pads and I will continue to use them indefinitely.

He really needs a tush bath, too. He tends to sit on the pads and has urine matted fur around his hind end and tail. He's not wet, because the pads tend to keep him dry from sitting on them. There doesn't appear to be any scalding, but I haven't gotten a really good look, yet.

His nails need to be clipped, too. They're not overly long, but I don't want to let them get out of control.

This poor bun is going to be a high maintenance bun, and need constant attention.
Now I see why his previous owner didn't want him any more....he hasn't even called or stopped by to see how things are going. :(

So glad to hear Cadbury is advancing to better health. I would believe the back end has to do with arthritis. If he's older bunny, not taken care of well, it probably is arthritis.

Have you seen the litter boxes that have a valley like box for older bunnies? That may help you get him off the wee-wee pads. I know with senior bunnies and kits, having a lower side to get in is helpful. They don't have to jump in the box. They can walk in the box. Just a suggestion.

Learned a long time ago, takes all kinds to make a world, but never be surprised.

Cadbury is in good hands now.

Also, maybe checking with your Rabbit Vet, you can find out natural ways to help with arthritis. I'm sure there is something out there. They have it for dogs and cats. It may work on a bunny at a lower dose. But check first.

K :)

It's sad that the previous owner doesn't ask or call. I send updates occasionally to the rescues were I got my kids. They always seem happy to get updates, particularly for Cinderella. She was in the shelter 4 years so they remember her. Becky doesn't have anyone that cares how she is doing, and it is sad.

Cadbury is extremely lucky to have you!

Thanks to everyone for the support you've given.

If I had wanted another bun, Cadbury probably would not have been on my list.
But he needed someone, and I guess I'm it.

It breaks my heart to know that his owner didn't want him any more. In his days of need, Cadbury was dumped.

He's really a good bunny......curious, attentive, affectionate. He loves to be loved.

He's got a place to live out whatever the rest of his life has to offer. I'll do my best to ensure him that he's still wanted.

I guess that's why my place has been tagged with the moniker of "Jim's Last Resort".

I'm sorry to feel like this but the former owner should be embarrassed at what condition he left Cadbury in. Understand people fall on hard times, but when in hard times, you shouldn't let your pets suffer.

I've always updated the people I got my bunnies from. I've sent movies and pics and updates of their antics. I've always got a thank you! and thrilled to see "their babies" are in good hands.

I don't understand some people, but I do understand people like Jim. Congratulations! You have such a big heart and Cadbury is benefiting from it in his older days.

K :)

Congratulations Jim. A FINE job as always.

Do you have pictures yet of Cadbury? I'd love to see him. I bet he looks 100% better already since being in your care.

Susan:)

I was cleaning up Cadbury's pen this morning and I left the room to dump his dirty water in the sink. When I came back I found that I had left the roll of paper towels just a little bit too close to his pen. He had gotten hold of the end and pulled about a half dozen sheets into his pen.
There he sat in a pile of paper towels looking VERY proud of himself. When I tried to take the towels out, he grabbed hold of them with his teeth and would not let go. We played tug-o-war for a few minutes before he finally let go.

Silly bunny! :biggrin:

LOL how funny.. I can imagine him all proud of his accomplishment, sitting on his pile of paper.. haha
How's he doing? Is he ok?
It's great to see how you love him and are willing to take care of him no matter what. If only there were more people like you in the world!!!! This would be a much, much better place! :nod

:blueribbon::goodjob

I'm really happy Cadbury got a second chance at a happy home.

My Harvey I adopted from a friend/old coworker and he has never once asked about him. I don't think they cared much for him =/

Latest posts

Back