Cadbury's come to stay with us....forever (R.I.P.)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody is getting a new bunny! Can't wait to hear the news and see the pics.

Congratulations!

K :)

Over the last few months, one of my neighbors has asked me a few times if I would consider taking in his rabbit. He has a lot going on in his life right now and can not give his bunny the attention he needs.

Last night he asked again....and I said yes.

He made me promise that I wouldn't rehome the bun....he wants me to keep him and take care of him.

I don't have too many details, but....
The bunny is about 10 years old, and my neighbor has had him since he was just a baby.
He's white with uppy ears.
He used to be free roaming until they had a baby 2 years ago. Now the bun mostly lives in a cage in the bedroom with some supervised free run time.
He's trained to use a wee-wee pad instead of a litter pan.

And that's about all I know for now.

He's coming to stay with us this Saturday afternoon.
I'll have more details and will try to take some pics then, too.

Hats off to you Jim, for being a good neighbor and caring bunny person.

Can't wait to see what your new arrival looks like. Hoping he settles in quickly for you.

He's in pretty bad shape.....:(....poor bunny.

His name is Cadbury.

He's a Himalayan or a Californian....can't tell yet.

He's shedding or molting like crazy.
I've already brushed him out and he looks much better.
I had to trim out several mats of urine soaked fur from his hindquarters.

His eyes aren't doing well at all.
Lots of matted fur under his eyes.
I've trimmed and cleaned as much as I think he can handle at this point.

He's sneezed several times and keeps grooming his eyes/face.
I haven't noted any discharge as of yet....but I'm sure it's there. If it is there, it appears to be clear. His front paws don't show any signs of discharge from grooming.

His breathing seems to be somewhat labored.

He's so good about all of the fussing I'm submitting him to. I already think he's understanding that I'm trying to help him.

He's eaten some of the pellets his owner brought over.
He pooped and peed.
He's had some really stinky soft poops.....but that may be due to the stress of being rehomed/transported.

I don't think he's crazy about the smoother flooring that I have him on. He's used to carpet.

I'll clean his eyes better tomorrow and apply some warm chamomile tea compresses.

I think a vet visit is in the near future..... if things don't improve.

He's in isolation from the other buns right now.

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts offered......he needs them all.

I'll do all I can, but it doesn't look good right now.

:(

I decided not to wait on the chamomile compresses.
I was making some tea for myself anyway.

Cadbury wasn't too crazy about it at first, but then he seemed to realized what I was trying to do. He calmed down and sat patiently while I applied the compresses.

He resting comfortably now.

It was a bit chilly in the workshop where I have his pen set up, so I put a small space heater nearby and set it on low.

It's late and I need to get some rest now too.

Sending Well Wishes to Cadbury! Hoping he's feeling better in no time. With your TLC, I think he'll pull through.

Dobby, Kreacher, Willard, Neville and Jake also send their well wishes to Cadbury.

Latest posts

Back