Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol! Hey you're never too old to play hide and seek. Whenever my mom has her highschool reunion we all have a massive game of hide and go seek(or hide and go sneak) it's one of the best parts lol. Hahaha! I'm pretty sure the mailman thinks I'm a lunatic, once when he was driving past I was creeping through this long grass playing with one of the bunnies, well the grass was to high for him to see Pip so he just drove past and looked at me really weird lol.

I just love seeing them racing around on the grass and then stopping to munch for a while...what a pair they are.

what has happened to Phoebe´s socks....she´s molted them off, it´s weird seeing her little white feet now awwww.

I love Rosco there standing guard...he is such a sweetie.

I bet Buster is a scream sitting with you waiting for the cheerios....he´s such an attention seeker lol.

Lol Emily. Haha yep I bet your mailman thinks you're looney hehe. Ours probably thinks we are when we race to the mailbox.

They got goofy that day and they did lots of zoomies.
Yeah her little socks are gone :'( I am sad about that. I can't wait for them to come back when it gets cooler :(
At first when I had him on the couch he was like....I hate you. And I'm like awww buster, please don't be mad, you're so cute and fluffy. And I petted him and then he was still pretty mad and not looking at me, and of course, he doesn't know that he can jump down, so I run and get a huge handful of Cheerios ad I start munching ad he's like...hey, those are miiiine! Share with me! Ad he gets his face all up in my hand lol. Then when they were gone he stood on his back legs and looks me in the eye like, no mores??? :'(

Aww! Your bunnies are just so handsome and pretty! The will make a very pretty couple together! :)

Seeing Busters ears is weird for me because his ears are so short compared to Ash's. I think its cute though! :)

Awww, no Phoebe socks, I did so love those little dark feet but it´s good to know they´ll be back.

I just love these two but I have a really soft spot for Buster as he does so remind me of Bandy but without the rings round his eyes...same cutie ears as well.

I just so laugh when they get in your face for food...I must admit that they make me laugh quite a lot with silly things that only us bunny people would understand.

Thanks guys! :) They are cuties. Yeah, Buster's ears are so tiny compared to Phoebe's dumbo ears, then I see Thumper or Monty's ears and im like.....those are HUGE.

Oh and I forgot to tell yall but the other day the workers bring me a Carolina wren fledgling and I tried to keep it fed until they could take it back to its nest but they took too long, like an hour and the baby died and I had to put it in a Ziploc brand body bag, and buried him in the trash can....I sang him the revised version of Amazing Grace and moved on. :'( It was pretty sad. He would have made it if the idiots hadn't brought it to me.
Ok that was the fore story, there's more to it below.....

So this is date #16. I think it is the really annoying one with the rap music and the planes going by and they just did NOT have a good time. Well the next night...Saturday...I had the date in my other guest room and I will post that one as soon as it is done uploading. Shortly after the date was done filming, my dad and other guys came home, I could tell they were VERRRRY drunk and I was all the way upstairs. They ran upstairs and I got out of the room so they wouldn't scare the bunnies and then I am like: "hey whats up...............*stares at raccoon on dads shoulder* WHAT THE FUUUUUDGE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What?!?!?!" Poppy is like, "Here is your new pet, I challenge you to train her!!!!" *puts her on my back*" I say "Omg are you crazy this is a wild animal! It's gonna rip our ears and lips and noses off!!! And what if she has parasites!!!!!!" And then finally I get them to tell me how they got her. Well they went to Down South Offroad, the place we all take our ATVs and UTVs, and they were on the boat but they rode up to the shore and everyone hangs out there. Well some people rode up from mudding and they had this lil baby raccoon riding on their side-by-side and apparently the guys went up to them to talk about it and the guy told Chris, Leo's friend and our worker, that he is selling it for $1000 and Chris says, "HEY RUSTY, GIVE ME YOUR WALLET! IM GONNA BUY THIS RACCOON FOR YOU!" And my dad is soooo drunk, like the drunkest I have seen him in YEARS, and he obeys. (The guy says that he has had her since 3 weeks and he got her from a breeder...) So then they ride home with this baby raccoon and BAM I have a raccoon now. I had to take the poor bun's blue cage for her to use and then I gave her a bath, which she liked until she figured out HOLY CRAP THERES SOAP ON ME! Then she wasn't so happy. But, it had to be done, she smelled like sunscreen...... I then searched her all over for fleas and I finally found one and gave her the kitten dosage of Advantage II and she's now flea-free. She is quite fascinating to watch and she, the roughly 8 week old coon, is a lot like an 8 week old puppy. Bitey, teethy, curious, happy, playful, a handful! So now I don't know what to do, she is very sweet but I am worried she will transform into a raging monster. Should I give her to someone who will cage her and who reeeally wants her or do I keep her as a house coon and train her and only cage her at night while we sleep, and when we are away? I don't know what I should do, I have so much on my plate right now. And I know that they get wild and angry when you cage them...of course. Anyway, yesterday was Leo's birthday and he had a little party. She stayed outside with us most of the time. Now she is asleep on Poppy's lap...Poppy may be her favorite person. I will post a pic for yall lol.

Oh and then today, the guys come in and Sunflower says, "Katie, remember how I pulled your flower, well here, I am making up *pulls teeny tiny baby rabbit from behind his back*" The poor thing is so scared its eyes are bulging and he squirms and I yell "NO WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU GOTTA PUT IT BACK FROM WHERE YOU GOT IT!!! ITS JUST A LITTLE BABY! Don't worry, the mom will take it back, just take it back, immediately!!!" And they tell me they ruined its home with a weed-eater and I am like: I don't care, take it back and the mom will make a new home Good God almighty!!!! I am not NOAH! I will not build an arc and put all the animals yall bring me in the arc and take off down the road! HOLY CRAP! So I am apparently the crazy animal lady now.....
That was a lot....

[ame="http://youtu.be/4S8EDW8FFi0"]://youtu.be/4S8EDW8FFi0[/ame]

Katie I just cannot believe they brought home a raccoon and actually paid that amount for it. I was looking at the video about ten minutes ago and my pc freaked out and I had to close and open again and I was going to ask you for a pic and ´there it is now. It´s so cute, don´t know anything about raccoons so can´t give you any advice but I love it. Gods know what they´ll come back with next. You better start building that ark just in case lol.

I love the videos of Buster and Phoebe. They do a lot better in that bigger space although I haven´t got through it all yet as the pc was super slow and kept stopping so I will go back. I just like watching them running about and enjoying themselves.

A RACCOON?! At first I was like "...no, she's kidding!" Then I see the picture of the freaking raccoon!
They're super smart! Like really really smart for an animal, they're like 5 year olds. They know how to open cabinets and locked and doors, they have little thumbs and you're going to have to get child locks to put on your cabinets. They can climb anything, so baby gates are a no go, and they can climb on counters. I think they're pretty opportunistic and they'll eat everything, cooked meat, fruit, veggies, eggs. You could probably cook for it like you cook and she'll be fine! haha. She might be pretty easy to train, since they are so smart. But you'll have to make sure she has a cage that she can't get out of and she'll have to be let out like the rabbits for exercise, but with constant super vision.
You basically just got a 5 year old, with fur and cute tail. I would watch her with the rabbits, they will kill chickens so I don't know how they are with rabbits.
I just can't believe that! I want a raccoon.

My husband and I play like that too. We play catch all the time, we chase each other, we have races. haha. We act like kids and our neighbors probably think we're insane too. LOL

Seriously, I'm shocked that he brought you a raccoon. And then Sunflower trying to take the wild kit! OMG. You need to put a sign up that says "don't bring me your animals!" hahaha.

I can't believe they actually brought a raccoon home either! And then a baby bunny, Geez! I hope the poor little bunny is ok though.

That coony is pretty cute! Just be aware, they can carry a parasite in their feces that is untreatable and can be deadly to rabbits. It's called nematodiasis. STERILIZE! No big deal, right?
http://veterinarymedicine.dvm360.com/vetmed/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=385181&sk=&date=&pageID=5

Even though Buster is being a big grump about grooming Phoebe, and we all just wish he would go ahead and do it already, I have to say that Buster is still adorable. He just has this really cute fluffy face :)

She already climbed the baby gate I had set up on both sides of the rabbits room but when she gets close to the rabbits she goes into scared coon mode so she backs off and I have to run around and chase her down.
I bought her a dozen minnows today and put them in a big pot and she had so much fun playing with them and trying to catch them. After she killed like 6, she moved them out of the pot, and tasted one or two and bit some but she had no interest in actually eating them... She ran around like crazy for 3 hours and is FINALLY napping. Oh an I offered her a piece of Rosco's dog food and she ate that and asked for more and she looooves grapes so I grabbed a few grapes and got all full. Now my house is a mess, probably smells like fish. I need to mop while she's out. Lol.

They took the bunny back, put it in some bushes, it ran across the street where a huge black cat was watching...it pounced and killed the bun bun :( ahhh the circle of life...

Ahhh thank you Jenny for the link! I also saw one about the round worm and most articles say that they don't get it often but I will acquire dewormer just in case. I agree he is so cute it's hard to stay mad at him for too long. Hehe.

image.jpg

You've got your hands full now Katie but he´s adorable. I didn´t know they ate fish or if they´re carnivores or herbivores or both. That is so sad about the little bun bun....life is a bitch and then you die.

Will you be keeping him ?? he is quite irresistible.

Aww so cute! BUT MAN THAT THING WAS EXPENSIVEE!! Is it a boy or girl? Are you thinking about maybe giving it to a wildlife sanctuary or something?

I have no idea what I'm going to do. She can be so sweet and then she goes into psycho mode for 2 hours and plays and plays and plays and that's the hard part. And yes she's a girl. They are omnivores so she mostly eats dog food and grapes and whatever she can find under the fridge, oven, and couch. She found a snickers bar under the couch and I almost got my butt whooped trying to get it from her. Lol! She's been much more interested in Rosco today, before long they'll be friends I bet.

Today I went With my Nana, her neighbor, and my mom to a nursery. Afterwards we stopped ate, and I found an antique store down the road and we stopped and they had so much awesome stuff!!!! I got several rabbit figurines for my rabbit shelf as I got a soap dispenser that is a yellow lab. It's cute. I spent $14.
Anyway, now I'm home and cleaning and trying to get things done while the baby is asleep. Gotta collect the rabbits poop for my flower beds too.

It's a tough situation, I'd probably try and find some kind of animal sanctuary or something that could try and turn her wild again or if that's not possible keep her there. I love antique stores! You should upload pics!

Back