Buster the lionhead bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katie, is there a rifle in the corner of your office/mud room/raccoon room? LOL
And were those Leo's boots? I like them! My husband would like something like those.

Coonanie is SO cute! I like when she grunts. But she was serious about that cord. When she picks something up, is it hard to get it away from her? She still looks like such a wild animal, the way she touches everything and the way she constantly sniffs for food or whatever she's sniffing for. Could you like, put bits of food in places and let her find them? That might be fun for her.
I really want one! hahaha. My husband would kill me.

I didn't watch all the date, but they seem to be doing pretty well. EXCEPT NEITHER ONE WILL GROOM THE OTHER! I know they're like basically bonded, but they don't really spend much time together when they're out. Would it be wise to stress them a bit before putting them together? To see how they act? Or have to tried stressing and it didn't work. I feel like Buster would get nippy. But I'm a tad hungover and I can't think straight!
I just want them to groom each other, I mean jeez.
I'll watch the rest of the video later on, I did only get like 6 minutes in, so I could be missing something in the other 23! LOL

Oh my gosh Coonanie is so cute! I basically skimmed in the beginning of the date video and watched when they were next to each other then I watched the last 10 minutes of it. For a stressful situation I know lots of people take them on a car ride, but that might not work if they like the car lol.

OMG!! Coonanie is really cute! I love how at the end she ran up to Rosco and started sniffing and pawing him. I bet they'll be good friends. She's really cute. I didn't watch the date video yet but I'm going to.

Its just pellet rifle, but it has some major power!!!! And a scope and a cool light and laser! Yes those were Leo's work boots. And yes! DO NOT try to take anything from her is like the number one rule in this place! I try to give her something better in return like you would for a dog who is possessive but I can't tell what is "BETTER" and what isn't. Apparently she really likes pens. Like writing pens. Everytime she finds one she runs away with it and if she tries to run into a narrow place the pen stops her lmao! So funny! She's very funny about food, she mostly likes grapes and dog food. So I try to scatter her dog food but Rosco ends up finding it and he's like "B**** THIS IS MY FOOD STOP GIVING IT TO THE COON!" >:[

I don't know if I should stress them or not? Because like, ok, this morning I go to give them their veggies and they got in with each other and Buster is over in the corner laying down and Phoebe is begging for her veggies (DUH! lol, lil piggy!) so I scoot Buster back into his pen and then he is trying so hard to get back to her side and I tell him "well you need to just go ahead and groom her a$$ and I would let you two tards be together geez!" and throw their veggies on the floor to them cause im mad lol. Jenny! I need advice if you're reading this! Should I stress them?!
Today Rosco started trying to play with Coonanie and she bit him a few times too hard and he was ok with it but it made him play rougher so I was like, ok mister boxer lets be careful with those paws of yours! Then I put her up for her nap and I let Rosco outside and a german shepherd was in our front yard! So I was like, uh oh, wheres Rosco? And I am spinning in circles and I hear a growl/snarl and I yell for Rosco and here he comes, hackles up, looking extremely serious and tough, with the GSD right next to him, they look glued lol. I tell him, "Alright Rosco, let's NOT pick a fight with the GSD haha, would not end so well if he was a guard dog of some sorts" Turns out it was a girl and it she would not come up to me but I petted her back, I was trying to get to her name tag to see where shes from and her call the people but she went into the neighbors yard and I asked him if he knew whose dog she is. He said that it looks like the GSD that lives behind him.
So I had a wonderful flashback to when I saw this guy that's lives behind us, catty-corner, beat the $H** out of his Lab. Literally. I was peeking through the fence (at the time there were many boards missing because the fence was from the 70s) and I saw the WHOOOOLE thing. Two kids are playing on the tire swing, the dog thinks they're playing with him and they were kinda, theyre all lets run away from Ranger and jump on the tire swing so he cant get us! And then Ranger gets too rough and bites the kids ankle or foot or whatever and the kid starts crying and runs inside, I knew the other kid bcause I was training his dog and so I asked him if he was ok. He said "yes, Ranger bit the other boy" I said "I know I saw, yall don't need to be playing with Ranger like that, I don't want you to get hurt" and then the dad came outside and was like "RANGER! HEEL! RANGER HEEL!" and reluctantly the dog heeled just so the man could grab his collar and with the other hand he was beating the dog in the face repeatedly. The little boy I knew had his mouth open in shock, as was mine. Ranger is just a squealing and my hearts going 1000MPH! I reached for my phone to video it but my dumb butt left it inside!!! So all I have is my memory. After he went inside I just said WOW. And the little boy said "well good thing his dad was here to teach Ranger a lesson" I wasn't going to give him the lecture about how wrong that was so I told his mom that night and they had "the talk" and then I contacted the humane society people but nothing happened. And then I wrote the guy a letter. Which was VERY good! BUt now that jerk has a new dog?! SERIOUSLY! He does not need a new dog. What he needs is a **** bible or a good a$$ whoopin.

That poor dog! Some people should NOT ever be allowed to have animals.

I think what you could try with Buster and Phoebe, is either put them in a joint xpen for a few hours, or take out the divider in their xpen cage area(unless Buster is psycho about it). They get on well enough that there shouldn't be any fighting, and Phoebe knows to stay clear of Buster if he gets nippy. If you do a joint xpen, maybe set it up in the area where you spend a lot of time during the day. If the floor is smooth or concrete, I would put down a rug or blanket, as the slippery concrete floor seemed to stress them a bit, and they both didn't react well to that.

That poor dog. :( I'd love to give that guy swift kick in the ***, and then he's teaching his kid that it's okay to punish a dog like that, but I agree he should not have another dog.

Today I had a date in their dining room, just around their penned area, and I moved all the chairs out of the way, he groomed her butt. It was sweet. It was hard to see in the video which yall will see later. And then they laid next to each other like a foot apart. They are actually still together in there eating hay and stuff and I took a few pics. I will try that though, you said for a few hours, could I go on about my let and let them be? Also, when are they actually "bonded"?

Yeah I said all that in my letter about how he's teaching his kid and the neighbors kid to abuse animals. shame shame shame on him.

That's great that he finally groomed her, even if it was her butt :) You may not want to venture too far off(out of hearing range) today, just cause it's their first extended date, and you don't know how it will go. I would think that if they can stay together for more than 6 hours without any major altercations, and do that for several days to a week, then I think you could consider them bonded and leave them together overnight. You could always sleep on the couch that first night, just to be sure everything is ok.

Last edited:
Oh that poor dog. :( I agree with the others, he shouldn't even have a dog.

That's good that buster finally groomed her even if it was only on her butt. She probably would have liked it more if he groomed her face or head. Still, its good that he even groomed her at all.

Ok thanks Jenny! I will try that. Good idea bout the couch. But I wont get any sleep, my dad stayed the night after he got the coon and he fell asleep on the couch and he woke up an hour after Leo and I went to bed, not to the coon crying but to the rabbits having a party, chewing cardboard, frolicking around, acting goofy I'm sure lol. And he said he tried to go bak to sleep and they would just keep waking him up so he got up at 6am and went to eat breakfast lol.
LOL! Yeah she would've loved if he groomed her face but she ought to be thankful that he groomed her at all. lol.

Also, is it time for the buns to be molting? Phoebe has funky looking clumps of fur, check it out in the next video.

Last edited:
My bunnies are moulting too, so it's probably normal. And yay he groomed her! Lol and then they sat close to each other. :)

[ame]http://youtu.be/rsaGwDqNsII[/ame]

Here's the video from yesterday.
I think I have a suitable home lined up for the Coonanie!!!! :D Well, off to Old McDonalds Farm

I like when Phoebe binkies behind the table at like 3:- something. She's so cute!
I'll finish watching the date later, but it looked good so far. Is that the room they're in a lot of the time? They do really well on the hardwood floors.

And I like your green trim on your stairs, it looks good.

I hope that the home Coonanie goes to is great!

Yeah that was cute, it was a lol half-a$$ but it was funny. That is "their" room, used to be MY dining room but we don't eat there we eat in front of the TV with trays hehe. So I think they're used to that room and that may be why they do ok on it. I like that it keeps them cool. I need to freeze the tile for Buster, he loves that thing. Maybe I should find another one....nah two for Phoebe cause she's a heifer :) back-boobs.

Thank you! Its all along the baseboards and the cabinets and doors and stuff. Our house is a cape cod so its supposed to be "colonial" and the walls used to be white and really pretty! But over time got gritty and I decided to paint them that "hitch post brown" and I am trying to go for a more western/rustic theme except for that room which is the "bunny room" I will let it have the "bunny" theme. Gotta find me some rabbits pictures and do-dads and shelves and fix it all up. It's a working process...

Well Coonanie left today. She went home with Chris because his dad always raised them or something so whatever. I'm just glad that they're going to love her. She's too bitey. Rosco was extremely tolerant, whereas if it was a dog he woulda been all NO I'm da top dog round here son! Lol.
The rabbits are running around in their room now and I keep hearing some skidding and peeling out noises lol.

Oh!!!! And old macdonalds farm! It's a place where they got parties for kids and stuff. They have a pool, a train, all kinds of swings, jungle gyms, sand mountain, pony rides, goats, sheep, peacocks, ferrets, deer, a donkey, cattle, pigs, llamas, and they had some rabbits. Poor things!!!!! :( they had one in a big concert fenced in area big as my dining room and he only had water and a little dog igloo to hide in and of course...when the kids ran in, where do you think he went? Of course, the doghouse to hide. And there's a sign that says please don't pick up the rabbit. Kids can't read!!!!!!
Then there were hutches on the other side and they had rabbits in them and one Dutch was sick. I shall post pics now!
Sick Dutchie

image.jpg

Yes thats a rex. I wonder why that dutch's poop was so soft, I wonder if its the heat? At least they have resting boards in their wire hutches.
I hope Coonanie lives a good life there!

I do like your whole trim. But something about the stair's trim was really appealing. LOL

I bet the buns are having fun in the room by themselves. They're probably like YEAH FREEDOM! Hahaha. Phoebe needs two tiles? Back boobs! LOL Maybe you could get her a cooling back bra.
Actually, I wish there was a cooling bra in real life. Do they make those? ...off to google I go.

Edit. After googling, there is such a thing as a cooling bra. I found it. http://www.polar-products.com/index.php?p=view_product&product_id=177 and I want it.

Last edited:
Poor dutch. :( I hope that Coonanie has a good life there. LOL Morgan cooling back bra. Woah they actually make them?? Mind blown.

Yay I'm learning my breeds!
Yes and they're stray pooping! :( they are so happy lol.
OMG a real cooling bra?! And it's only like $12 for real? Neat!
Ahhh a nice lazy gloomy Sunday. Rain and IHOP and happiness. And the bunnies are in there having a jolly good time too. I REALLY need to buy them a large rug

Back