Bucky’s Golden Years

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he hasn't exercised much you do need to be careful. I wouldn't make him do agility, just running around is good enough. Good luck at the vet on Thursday!

@Diane R got it, thank you for the input! I won’t do any agility with him then - he loves to race around during his run times, and he’s definitely getting more energy from his daily adventures haha. This morning he was buzzing and running around me faster than I’ve ever seen him!

Also - I got my first bunny kisses last night on the top of my head. 😄

Can’t wait for the vet, just at least to put my mind at ease from all the what-ifs.

Here he is relaxing. ❤️

Attachments

• 64CE8C63-A6F4-4E21-A930-FEAD3FB0E0D8.jpeg
    64CE8C63-A6F4-4E21-A930-FEAD3FB0E0D8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2771B370-F0C1-4938-AEBB-23FFA9069BD0.jpeg
    2771B370-F0C1-4938-AEBB-23FFA9069BD0.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Just showing him off after a brush! His mohawk is almost gone - I brush it a bit every day to work on it without overwhelming him, but today he was so good with the brush!
I love how much he loves getting taken care of haha - older animals are always so grateful for everything, it’s so sweet. He loves to have a clean cage, fresh food, and a good brush. ❤️
You can’t tell I cleaned the cage last night though - he LOVES digging in his big litter box and would rather use his smaller one for his business, so I’ve turned it into more of a dig tray. :D

Attachments

• 6B1BC8B9-8C8F-4D00-8549-9D9080067EB1.jpeg
    6B1BC8B9-8C8F-4D00-8549-9D9080067EB1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 2008F3BD-273A-40C8-9A93-93D829225F66.jpeg
    2008F3BD-273A-40C8-9A93-93D829225F66.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • E5EF31B7-D575-427D-8D06-D9A7BF47CB45.jpeg
    E5EF31B7-D575-427D-8D06-D9A7BF47CB45.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Happy Easter!

Bucky got some carrot, Beepers has an apple waiting for him, and my quail got some arugula sprouts for the occasion!

Bucky and I are just laying around right now - he sleeps while I browse RO! Lol!

Hope you all have an amazing holiday (or just an amazing Sunday if you don’t celebrate!)!

Attachments

• 8B8D989E-F56B-41E1-8130-AD2F68F07D5E.jpeg
    8B8D989E-F56B-41E1-8130-AD2F68F07D5E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Okay - slight problem -

Bucky is now chasing me around relentlessly trying to make love with my leg. 🤣

Vet appointment tomorrow, will talk to them as well - but this just started tonight. It sucks - I wanted to have him out longer but he actually had me trapped up on the bed, running around buzzing like mad. I had to run into the cage and actually hold him while I ran out to close it! Haha I never knew a bunny can be pretty intimidating!

His age worries me regarding neutering him, though - so I also ordered one of those realistic rabbit plushies off amazon so he can get his urges out there.

It is pretty hilarious, though. 🤣

@JBun it is that time again! My parrot goes through it too - so I'm in for a springtime full of FUN! o_O Thank you for that article, too!

This morning Bucky was the same - I got some funny videos of him chasing me around - too bad I've never figured out Youtube haha. He kept on digging and nipping and my pant leg while trying to make sweet, passionate bunny love to it! It's sweet, really, if not a bit uncomfortable for me!

My parrot ALSO thinks I'm his mate - so between the bird, the bunny, and my actual human boyfriend, I'm drowning in the lovin'. 🤣

Vet tonight at 5:00 - will update afterwards!

Alright, got home a little bit ago. I’ll start with the good news: Beepers is perfect.
And the bad news is that Bucky does in fact have a testicular tumor. He was never the one my stepdad neutered - his other testicle has shrunk due to the tumor (which I knew was a very real possibility - but I like to be an optimist, or else I’ll think myself sick).
BUT - everything else looked good, his lungs sounded good, and they took bloodwork. Once the bloodwork is back, we can discuss the neuter. The vet (who was AMAZING!) is also going to do x-rays to make sure he’s good to go.
Coincidentally, (or not - I don’t believe in coincidence) the vet is actually doing a study on testicular tumors in rabbits right now, so all the treatment Bucky receives will help other rabbits in the future! The vet was very excited to work on his case - and that it will help their research a lot.

I think I’m still a bit numb, but I do have a weird feeling that everything is going to be fine, and I truly believe everything happens for a reason.

My dream right now - he gets the neuter, does great, and then… we can get him a wifebun! I already have my eyes on a nice older agouti female who’s been at the rescue for almost two years!

I know it could go the other way, too - it’s the name of the game, unfortunately. But either way, this will help other rabbits with this disease, and that is simply amazing on its own.

Here’s Bucky and Beeps at the vet - Beeps let my boyfriend pet him for the first time too! He always gets really affectionate after the vet.

Bucky is eating and drinking - and immediately went back to trying to get with my leg! 🤣

Right now… I’m scared, but I also just feel like… it’s all going to be okay.

Attachments

• 9D80AB8D-241C-4598-AACE-AB163EBC2A37.jpeg
    9D80AB8D-241C-4598-AACE-AB163EBC2A37.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 025E4E60-F893-43A1-BDE9-3C50D4F64322.jpeg
    025E4E60-F893-43A1-BDE9-3C50D4F64322.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
At least you ended up at a really good rabbit vet. This alone will help improve odds for your bun. A really experienced rabbit vet makes a huge difference in your bun getting the proper diagnosis and best treatment. Plus, the fact that your bun is acting happy and normal, and seems fairly healthy. All are hopeful indicators for a good recovery.

@JBun yes - the vet was awesome. Very knowledgeable, down to earth guy, with an equally excellent team with him. They put me at ease almost immediately. :) I really, really believe Bucky can do this - he's a fighter for sure. Once his bloodwork comes back, if it's good to go, we'll set him up for x-rays. Then, if all is clear, he'll get the neuter. The staff could not believe he was ten years old, he looks so good!

I've been researching some different greens I could give him that have cancer fighting qualities, as well. Very happy that kale is on the list - he LOVES kale. If anyone has any more recommendations that would be awesome! His "girlfriend" will be here tomorrow too, one of those realistic rabbit plushies off Amazon.

@JBun yes - the vet was awesome. Very knowledgeable, down to earth guy, with an equally excellent team with him. They put me at ease almost immediately. :) I really, really believe Bucky can do this - he's a fighter for sure. Once his bloodwork comes back, if it's good to go, we'll set him up for x-rays. Then, if all is clear, he'll get the neuter. The staff could not believe he was ten years old, he looks so good!

I've been researching some different greens I could give him that have cancer fighting qualities, as well. Very happy that kale is on the list - he LOVES kale. If anyone has any more recommendations that would be awesome! His "girlfriend" will be here tomorrow too, one of those realistic rabbit plushies off Amazon.
A little kinky but we do what we have to do, right?
LOL

Miley loves Kale too! I had no idea it had cancer fighting qualities... Good to know! 😊

Miley loves Kale too! I had no idea it had cancer fighting qualities... Good to know! 😊
Kale seems like a favorite amongst buns! I also found out strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and other dark leafy greens like chard are good for their cancer fighting properties too! The dark leafy greens do all share the higher calcium content though, so we do have to be careful. 😊
I’m going to see if he likes strawberries tonight - I plan to add a tiny bit a couple times a week to his diet, if he likes them.

Kale seems like a favorite amongst buns! I also found out strawberries, blueberries, carrots, and other dark leafy greens like chard are good for their cancer fighting properties too! The dark leafy greens do all share the higher calcium content though, so we do have to be careful. 😊
I’m going to see if he likes strawberries tonight - I plan to add a tiny bit a couple times a week to his diet, if he likes them.
Very true with regards to the calcium content. Miley likes pak choi, spring greens, savoy cabbage, celery leaves and herbs too, all in moderation of course!
I actually tried her with some strawberry last night. My sister's guinea pigs tried some too - they loved it. Miley hated it 😂

Back