Buckley B Bunny: A Foster Bun from Brooklyn, NY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JimD wrote:
And a special thanks to Haley for continuing to find options for fostering Buckley.
I don't know if the others know how much work you put in behind the scenes!!

aww just seeing this. Thanks, Jim. It makes me feel so blessed that we have so many networking resources over the internet available to us. I literally found out about this on Fridaymorning and Jim had Buckley by Sunday night!

And thank you for going to all the trouble to get him at the last minute and for giving him a safe home for now.

Its too bad he isnt neutered, I imagine a lot of his behavioral problems are due to that. I bet (or I hope)as he settles in he'll be less likely to be marking the place.

Im sure he's loving all that hay!

I gave Buckley a larger litter pan....his tushie could just barely fit in the other one.
So now he's decided that it's a great place to lounge in and get that good ol' stink that ALL bunnies should have :?.
He still pees and poops in it, too....oh joy.
And he still has one other corner that is for both.
He's pretty much stop the multi-directional spritzing.
I think we're making progress...I think.

Are all mini-rexes so vocal?? Geez, he's still squawking at me even after I've left the room! Should havenamed him Duckley!

JimD wrote:
Are all mini-rexes so vocal?? Geez, he's still squawking at me even after I've left the room! Should havenamed him Duckley!

Dill never says a word, but Sugar and Sakura were both VERY vocal with clucks and squaks (as opposed to Sherry and Pipp's grunts and honks).

And Dawn's Wildfire sounded EXACTLY like adisgruntled chicken when she was expressing herdispleasure with the boys. The oddest noise I've ever heard a bunny make!

sas :biggrin2:

Hee Hee, sounds too cute!

Angel only tooth purrs and growls at Snuff and her dislike of me cleaning her cage sometimes. That's all I've ever heard other than when she twisted trying to groom her back, a little noise may come out, not sure what to call it though.:D

Jim - you are a star! That rabbit is a lucky sod, and I got the impression the "setting him loose" part of his mommy's letter was more out of desperation for someone to help than really meaning it.

I don't understand how someone can leave their pet - never will, but she must love him to have looked for alternatives.

He is so handsome - looking forward to more pictures of him!

:cool:

Hi everyone!!

I thought I'd move Buckley's story to the Blog section.....since he doesn't need rescuing anymore.

He's settling in just fine!!! He gets so excited now when he sees me in the morning!

AND HE'S LITTER TRAINED NOW!!!! WOOHOO!!

As soon as Chippy is feeling better, I'll have some time to let Buckley out and take some pics.

Glad to hear he's doing well! And that he's not being so messy!

So whats the word on fostering him, did you contact Jill about taking him or have you decided to keep him for a while?

I cant wait to see pics. I love rexes :)

Hi Haley!

I've been so busy taking care of Chippy that I haven't called Jill, yet.
I was planning on calling her yesterday afternoon, but I fell asleep before I got a chance.

MrsD thinks I'm making up excuses so I can keep him.

He's such a handsome guy!! And from what I can tell, he's got personality to spare!!!

JimD wrote:
MrsD thinks I'm making up excuses so I can keep him.

He's such a handsome guy!! And from what I can tell, he's got personality to spare!!!
Wonder what would make her think that?? ^^^^ :ponder: lol

What a wonderful story!!! Buckley isa lucky guy :)Does his owner plan to keep in touch with you during the time she's away? I'm so, so, soglad things turned out the way they did, but I feel confused about why she would choose to let him loose rather than turn him in to a shelter or rescue organization? Oh well, things turned out for the best!! Yay for you!!

Haley wrote:
So whats the word on fostering him, did you contact Jill about taking him or have you decided to keep him for a while?

Ok...I did it!
I left a message for Jill to call me about fostering Buckley.

:cry2

Aw lol

No way could I foster a bunny. Id get 2 attached! I think you've done a great job so far and even if you cant carry on fostering and give him to someone else, youcan stillbe proud that you saved him from almost near death!

Well Done :D:p

~Bracon~ wrote:
Aw lol

No way could I foster a bunny. Id get 2 attached!
Yeah, fostering is soooooo hard, especially the longer you have them. That is how we ended up with cats #9 & 10 (Koko & Yum Yum). But we WERE fostering for the Humane League and they didn't have a loving human wanting them back in a forever home.

Thanks, Jim, for taking Buckley in and working with him on litterbox habits and all...I know it was even more work with Chippy being ill...You're a true friend to bunnies! :bunnyheart

Gingivere, Emmaline, and Pipkin send bunny kisses your way for being such an awesome guy! :bunnieskiss

Mary Ellen

Buckley is with his new foster-mommy now.

She picked him up and then called me to let me know that he was settling in just fine.

I think he'll be very happy now. As soon as he heard her voice, he seemed to act more secure.

Be a good bunnie Buckley!!!!

Im glad to hear it all worked out Jim! Did you ask Jill if she would like to join our site? That would be wonderful.

Keep us posted!

Back