Breeders!!! Cage Question?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not chicken wire. The holes are alot smaller in size.
The cages are about 4x4 each...Pictures Below of the cages.
069.jpg

I have seen welded wire mesh at home improvement stores as well. There is a couple of different ones to choose from, so perhaps your local hardware store will have a bit of a selection as well.

I agree that chicken wire is not a good choice as it is too weak. Rabbits can and will chew through it!

-Dawn

thanks Dawn and Misty! i looked on the HD website and could not find that type of wire. i will try a local hardware store tomorrow.

thanks for the photo Misty, that is exactly what i am looking for. is that 1in or .5in? that is a really cute bunny what breed is it?

i plan on making my hutches 2 floors 36x24 and i plan on building 1 for each adult. i was going to put the wire mesh on the bottom floor and hopefully teach the rabbit to go 'release' on the bottom floor. any suggestions or criticisms of this plan? is it a bad idea to have an area where the bunnies can congregate out of their hutches or would it be smarter/more practicle to simply have a seperate pen to let them hop around in daily and interact with me and each other. as i was writing i may have answered my own question as i believe i will have less control over when they breed if they are in a commmunity habitat. hmmmm.

i truly do appreciate all of the help.

todd

todd131 wrote:
thanks Dawn and Misty! i looked on the HD website and could not find that type of wire. i will try a local hardware store tomorrow.

thanks for the photo Misty, that is exactly what i am looking for. is that 1in or .5in? that is a really cute bunny what breed is it?

i plan on making my hutches 2 floors 36x24 and i plan on building 1 for each adult. i was going to put the wire mesh on the bottom floor and hopefully teach the rabbit to go 'release' on the bottom floor. any suggestions or criticisms of this plan? is it a bad idea to have an area where the bunnies can congregate out of their hutches or would it be smarter/more practicle to simply have a seperate pen to let them hop around in daily and interact with me and each other. as i was writing i may have answered my own question as i believe i will have less control over when they breed if they are in a commmunity habitat. hmmmm.

i truly do appreciate all of the help.

todd
I dont know what size the wire is.. She is an REW Jersey Wooly... Just look at your local stores and even if you have a farm store too would be good

I would like to remind all posters to stay on subject. The answers should be based on the original question.

I will also remind posters that breeding standards are different from normal pet standards.

Good luck with your cages Misty.

Thank you
Kat

Just out of curiosity, why are breeding standards different to pet standards? Is it because breeding cages are temporary? Kinda thing?

Latest posts

Back