Bramble's Pregnancy's Closer!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh right but coz muffin is soo cute andloving do ya think l8er on in life when sges bout 1/2 yrs do ya thinkshe wuld be a good mother!

thanks for the reply!!

I agree, only breed if you have homes for them and if you know what you're doing. Good luck:D:D

Bramble's doing well, she flopped out on her side yesterday, obviouslytired:?poor baby...hopefully she'll kindle quickly with minimal pain.I'll keep everyone updated (pictures of the mama belly soon, Tina!)

Ellie:p

She should be at least 8 months in my opinion. Ithought my bunny Fae was going to be a good mom...but boy was I wrong!I spend like 3 hours a day (all different hours) feeding them. This ismy routine

Wake up 7 AM (We start school at 8:30 and I usually get up at 8 but because I have to feed them I wake up and hour early)

7-7:30 have breakfast, take shower, go on computer for like 5 minutes
7:30-8:25

1,) Check over babies

2,) Go and get Fae who likes to put up a huge fight

3,) Feed babies one at a time because Fae has irritated mammary glandsand has thrown the babies off, thats why I can only do one at a time,because I cant pick all of them up.

4,) Put Vitamin E on Fae *Kick Kick Scratch*

5,) Put Fae back in her cage

6,) Come back up and prepare for the washing!

7,) Wipe all the babies and wait for them to pee (sometimes it takes like 5 minutes)

8,) Clean up and put babies back in their basket

Wow 8:25 has just arrived and now its school time

Repeat process at 2pm for baby with the busted foot (he is very skinny)

Repeat process at 8pm for all the babies.

I don't get me wrong I LOVE the babies to DEATH and would do this 8times a day to keep them alive if I had too, but this is a VERY tiringprocess. Considering this is my first litter it just takes me a littlelonger to do all of this. Lucky me I am home schooled, so I have plentyof time!

~Amy+Nimue+Babies~

Bramblebriar,

I guess its too late now :Dand its fine, just next time youbreed PLEASE only breed quality purebreds that have multiple uses otherthan just pets!!!!!!

lizabeth332 wrote:
Bramblebriar,

I guess its too late now :Dand its fine, just next time youbreed PLEASE only breed quality purebreds that have multiple uses otherthan just pets!!!!!!
I agree lizabeth332, i know i'm going to sound like a hypocrite, but ireally did some reasearch and thought about breeding the two. I askedmyself if i had homes for them and if i'd have enough room for thebabies if a possible owner backed out. Both of those questions turnedout positive.

Then i wondered if i'd have an actual use for them, i do, i'll beshowing them at our local fair. They do not have to be a certain breed,just classify them into heavy or light. The kits would be in lightclasses. We get a premium for showing which will help in the buying oftheir feed (my parents don't like keeping animals and paying for their"extras" if they're no "income" on my part)

I won't be breeding ever again, unless they'd be purebred, for instance me getting a Netherland Dawrf buck or a lop doe.

Please don't think i'm having these for the "fun" of it, i'd never dothat, i know too well that there are too many unwanted buns out there.It's not like i'd take them to the pound if i get tired of them, they'dalways be welcome at our farm, even if an owner wants to give it up,i'll make them promise to return it to me, so i know it will go to aloving home.

I've prepared and built two different nest boxes, two different sizeseven! I've researched and figured out what rations to give her, whatmight/may happen to her during pregnancy, such as breeching orcannibalism on her part.

Ellie:cool:

I can't wait to see the kits and am glad thatpeople agree... I also think they should be purebred, and I have apurebred bred. But, I also went through the questions and got a postiveon both of those and others. Just adding some input... How is themother to be doing? Is she eating alot? Are you supposed to feed themextras or vitamins while they are pregnant? ( In a cat you have to feedthem a different kind of feed and give them vitamins they may not begetting)

Ellie,

Sorry if it sounded like i was criticizing you! I am surethat you will insure that these babies get excellent lives.sounds like you really planned ahead--GREAT!

Heavy and light classes--now theres a new one. around here there is absolutley no place where you can show a cross.
for instance me getting a Netherland Dawrf buck or a lop doe.

I would geta whole new pair. Bramble is a ND????doesn't really look like one to me but that's ok, the angle isn't greatfor that sort of thing...tho she just ISNT pure dwarf...;)besides if she was and you bred her to a ND buck, you'd get somebrokens which are currently unshowable in ND's... Briar is a lop? thenwho is the rabbit in your avatar...do you have a bramble/briar picturethread? i'll go look it up... (btw, cute names!) andremember, just cuz briar is a "lop" does not mean that you can go getany lop doe and breed purebred "showable" babies.

The rabbits that win are the rabbits that have been selectively bredfor many generations, each breeding striving towards the "perfect"rabbit, as specified in the Standard of Perfection. you justplain dont go get a few rabbits that look like a breed and produce awinner. Showable is not always show quality.Pedigrees are also always nice to have.

:Djust a few thoughts! good luck with the kits! ihave a highly anticipated litter due the 13...she started nestingtoday...she's gonna go early--yay! :cool:

Liz

lizabeth332 wrote:
Bramble is a ND???? doesn't really look like oneto me but that's ok, the angle isn't great for that sort of thing...thoshe just ISNT pure dwarf...;)
ok, i checked your picture thread... bramble DOES look like an ND...ijust am not used to seeing dwarfs with such DEWLAPS as she hasinthis pic:
100_1131.jpg
youknow what she also looks like...a broken polish. what is herfur like? flyback or rollback?

ok, so briar is the rabbit in your avatar...yeah he does look like hehas some french or mini lop blood in him... still, i would NOT breedhim to a lop in hopes of "purebred" or "showable" kits. Iwould still, if you want to breed rabbits to show outside of your fair:
I would geta whole new pair.
just a note, in generall it is not a great idea to breed a larger buckto a smaller doe, when the weight difference is signifcant...like thatthread gypsy started recently...

It will be interesting to see what you get out of that cross.mostly chestnuts and bkn chestnuts, of course, unless briar carriesself, but in terms of ears, sizes, type, what not--it'll beinteresting! hey, if bramble is a charlie then all you'll get isbrokens.

Keep us updated! only a week left, right!:D

Ellie, you put so much thoughtand timeinto this, I am very excited for you. I don't know how you do it all,school, chores and care for all the animals. Can you share some of thatenergy:p.

pictures of the mama belly soon, Tina!)* I'm just glad youremembered. So when can I expect this belly shot. She doesn't have longto go does she? It's only a couple more days right or am I mistaken? Iam so excited for you.

Tina

Ellie:

cant wait to see pics of thebabies , no matter what they look like ,no matter short ears or floppy, You havedone so well and didmore research than manyAdults I know , Good for youdoing your homework with this , GoodLuck get thempictures going , ijust love the one withthe Hay in her mouthits precious.

gypsy wrote:
Ellie:

cant wait to see pics of the babies , nomatter what they look like , no matter shortears or floppy , You havedone so well and did more researchthan many Adults I know , Good foryou doing your homework with this , GoodLuck get them pictures going, i just love the one with the Hayin her mouth its precious.
Thanks, gypsy, i was really looking forward to your approval, i knowyou've "been there done that" with so many does! I'm so glad that i diddecide to research as well. Thanks again!

I'm so sorry Tina, i've been so busy, massive animal cleaning ontuesday, church on wednesday and science fair tonight. I wasn't able totake the pictures. I've been so "frazzled" (also with what i've talkedto you about) and getting science fair done. Today, i wasn't home tilleight p.m. i left for school at 7:15!

I'll try to get pictures tomorrow!

Ellie:D

I'm so sorry Tina, i've been so busy,massive animal cleaning on tuesday, church on wednesday and sciencefair tonight. I wasn't able to take the pictures. I've been so"frazzled" (also with what i've talked to you about) and gettingscience fair done. Today, i wasn't home till eight p.m. i left forschool at 7:15!

Aww bless your heart. I was kidding sweetie. Whenever you get thosepics is fine. You got enough to worry about. I think about and pray foryou. Get some rest tonight ok. We'll talk tomorrow.Dear. I'mhere for you.

Tina

Your Welcome Ellie ,

but Hon whenpeople do all the rightstuff i have no problem withthat, what makes meangery is that others do itwith no regards to anything butselfishness .

gypsy wrote:
You havedone so well and didmore research than manyAdults I know , Good for youdoing your homework with this , GoodLuck
I agree with this 100% please dont think i was critizizing you! in fact i congratulate you! :D

SO you can't breed a big buck to a small doe but can you breed a small buck to a large doe?
sure, if there is only a little difference it doesn't matter, but likei wouldn't breed a Californian buck (10lbs) to a himie doe (4-5 lbs)for example, because, for obvious reasons it would be more difficultfor a doe to carry and deliver huge babies than smaller ones.I'm not saying that its impossible, but generally easier on the doe...of course there is absolutley no problem with breeding a larger buck toa smaller doe of the same breed...;)just when it gets to beseveral pounds difference problems arise. I dont GENERALLYkeep tiny does, just because the bigger ones make better moms and havefewer kindling difficulties and have larger litters. :)

dajeti2 wrote:
I'm so sorry Tina, i've been so busy, massive animalcleaning on tuesday, church on wednesday and science fair tonight. Iwasn't able to take the pictures. I've been so "frazzled" (also withwhat i've talked to you about) and getting science fair done. Today, iwasn't home till eight p.m. i left for school at 7:15!

Aww bless your heart. I was kidding sweetie. Whenever you get thosepics is fine. You got enough to worry about. I think about and pray foryou. Get some rest tonight ok. We'll talk tomorrow.Dear. I'mhere for you.

Tina
Thanks, Tina, it really means a lot, it really does.

I'm going out to take those pictures right now:p:D!

gypsy- I know what you mean, they just want kits as "pets" 'cause itwill be "fun." And then after they have the kits, reality sets in, theycan't find homes, they can't afford to feed them, and the only optionleft is the pound:X. How are all your little rascals doing?

Ellie

You are such a doll Ellie. I wish youwould have relaxed instead but WOW! What incredible Pictures. She looksadorable. Poor girl is huge lol. I hope you don't mind but I would liketo add this picture to my screen saver because uh she looks socute.

100_1182.jpg

I am so glad you shared these with us. They are so Aweosme. Youalways take the best pictures. I love this one too. CAn I add ittoo?

100_1161.jpg

Tina

Bramble's such a sweetie. ^_^ Her due date is onthe same day as my birthday!! :shock:There's more for me tocelebrate now!:D

Latest posts

Back