Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you all moved in now?!! Every-bunsettled in?

You know that if you don't have room for Mr. Regiford P. Piggypants, I'm sure I could find room in my house for him..... :p

Everybun is settled in now. I do have pictures to post, but not enough time to post them.

I am leaving for Costa Rica tomorrow. I will be gone from tomorrow until the following Thursday. I will attempt to post pictures and updates after that. I have a lot of packing to do! Will is going to take care of everyone while I am gone.

Talk to everyone when I return! Bon voyage!

Boz wrote:
How was the trip to Costa Rica? Terrible I assume? LOL!
It was GREAT! I spent a night in San José, two along the Caribbean coast, two in the middle near the Arenal volcano, and three along the Pacific. I got so spoiled while there! I miss the constant breeze and middle-of-the-day rain showers that cool everything off. The weather there now is better than the weather here! Blah!

TreasuredFriend wrote:
Why did you go? Were you sent with a camera? How did Will manage while you were gone? Did Toby and Sammi miss you?
I went because I could, basically. The original plan was between my aunt and my mum. They hadn't been on a trip together in a long time and wanted to go. Then, my grandma invited herself along. She just turned 80, has had both of her knees and hips replaced over the last twenty years, and in general isn't a "hiking" person. When I found out that she invited herself along, I was like, "Hell no! If she's going to invite herself, I'm inviting myself too!" :p

I did take my camera, too! I took 500+ pictures while I was there. Actually, I probably took 1,000+ pictures while there, but I deleted a lot of them right after I took them if they weren't up to my "standards". I've been so lazy about putting up the pictures, but I will try to get them up ASAP! There are so many to go through... I put up the best of the critter pictures on Facebook, though. I will try to get some of them on here! I promise!

Will did fine while I was gone. He said that he missed me a lot, though. I wasn't able to call him while I was there, so I know he got lonely and missed my voice. Luckily, two of the four hotels I stayed at had courtesy computers for guests. I was able to email him a few times. The people at work said that he was whining while I wasn't here. Since we work at the same nursing home, we come in contact with a lot of the same staff members. Will was telling the scheduler that he was lonely and the dishes were piling up. What a charm, eh? He did do about 90% of the dishes while I was gone, so I'll give him credit!

He went out and bought a used car while I was away (unbeknownst to me)! He would up with a Jeep something-or-other, but when we looked at it the next day, we noticed that it wasn't as good as we could have gotten. Will is really good at checking over the main features of a vehicle (mechanic aspect), but he's not the best at noticing damage or flaws. We took it back to Carmax and got a 2008 Saturn Astra. It's a cute little red hatchback. It's manual, so I have to learn. It has heated seats, too, so I can't be that upset with the impromptu car purchase.

As for the animals, they did just fine without me there. You should have heard Regiford when I came home, though! I thought I had set off an alarm somewhere! His fweep-box was going a mile-a-minute and was trying to crawl up the side of his cage! He got craisins and scratchies from an exhausted Kelly. The bunnies were less-pleased with my return. In fact, Toby bit me pretty good the next morning. I got the bunny-butt for a few days. They are OK with me now. They get pretty upset with me when I go away for awhile.

On a side note: I no longer work full-time. I had them change my position there to a "pool" position. So, now I have the position at the nursing home as a pool CNA, and the job at the LAB as a pool phlebotomist. I do go to college full-time now. I am taking 13 credits, so my brain is probably about to liquefy and ooze out of my ear. Currently, I am trying to finish my nursing degree (RN). I take four classes for four days of the week, so it's not too bad. I get to pick my schedule at work, too, so I always have the option of working more. The pay is better for pool employees, too! So, as long as there are open shifts, I should be good to go. Will has been picking up shifts like a fiend, too.

For those of you interested, or just mildly curious, here is my class lineup:
Mon./Wed.: Human Body in Health & Disease 1330-1630
Tue./Thu.: General Anatomy & Physiology 0830-1155
Oral/Interpersonal Communications 1200-1325
Developmental Psychology 1500-1625

So, I still have three days of the week (well, two are weekend days) to putz around and such. For the most-part, they are laundry and chore days (blah). But, I still should have some time to come online and get some posting done on here. Let's keep our fingers crossed! ;)

Haha! When I went to Colorado for 5 days this last summer I took over 1000 pictures. I never yet have gone through them.. Lazy me! But you definitely have to go through yours soon!!

Congrats on the new car! I like it! (I looked it up!) :p And poor Will so lost without you... haha

And I did not realize you got a little sqeeker until last night!! And 3 robos?! jeezz where have I been?! haha!

Remember my hamsters that had babies? I still got 10 of them! :faint:
Finding homes hasn't been easy. :p

That is a lot of classes! 3 classes in one day? That must be long!
This semester I'm taking 16 credits!! :faint:

Boz wrote:
And I did not realize you got a little sqeeker until last night!! And 3 robos?! jeezz where have I been?! haha!
Actually... I am hammy-less at the moment. Ned is with my mum, and when I asked if she wanted me to take him back, she said yes, but looked very sad about it. I decided to not take Ned away from her. As for the other two... I still have no idea what happened. They were just both dead one day. They had food and water, and they weren't in the direct way of the air conditioner (and it wasn't terribly hot, either). So, I am down to the bun-buns, the fweeper, and a betta fish. We have yet to move the fish tank over here...

Aww I'm sorry! :( Poor little guys. I lost 3 hamsters that way. Just gone. They were all the same color two so I'm thinking it was genetic related.

If you guys have Facebook, you can view some of my trip photos at http://www.facebook.com/people/Kelly-Herrmann/225700874#!/album.php?aid=19075&id=225700874 They are just the bird and critter pictures so far. I will have to upload the other pictures soon, too. Also, for you non-Facebookers, I will have to upload the pictures here. :p

Thanks Kelly... I might be the last non-facebook user in the world. :p

So a few pics on here would be greatly appreciated. (Even if you happen to include a few piggie-lips pics ;))

Here are some pictures of Costa Rica! These are just the critter pictures. I haven't even gotten around to the people/scenery pictures! :p I need to do that... Anyways... Enjoy!

Here are some pictures from the first stop on my trip: Tortuguero National Park on the Caribbean Coast.

Anhinga
female (tan/gray neck/head) and male (all-black)

Leaf-cutter Ant!

Emerald Basilisk

Long-nosed Bats

Blue Morpho Butterflies in a butterfly garden

Spectacled Caiman

White-faced Capuchin

I will have to upload more later. It's time for work! :p

More Tortuguero pictures! :p

White-crowned parrots. They were flying over our hotel all the time and making that lovely squawking noise... A lot of the people on the grounds of the hotel probably thought that I was insane as I was chasing those stupid parrots all over the place, camera in hand. :grumpy: They're hard to get a picture of when they are always flying!

Neotropic Cormorant

Some sort of whippy-tailed lizard:

Giant Green Iguanas were everywhere!

Little Green Iguana footies!

Close-up:

Rufous-tailed Hummingbird

Little Blue Heron (subadult)

He was all like, "Bwah!?" lol

Green Heron (Hey! We have these in Wisconsin, too!)

Boat-billed Heron. Doesn't he look like he's disapproving of your existence?

Great-tailed Grackle
Male:

Female:

Cute little lizards everywhere!

White-ringed Flycatcher

Snowy Egret

Ghost Crab. I spent a lot of time on the beach chasing these little boogers around.

Same with these crabs. I don't know what they are, but they reminded me of Sally Lightfoot Crabs.

Talk about camouflage, eh?

Blue Land Crabs... Yuck! They were bigger than the average bar of body soap! :shock:

On a side note: I have MORE Tortuguero pictures, too! I have yet to upload them! After that, I have Arenal National Park and Manuel Antonio National Park pictures, too. Luckily, I didn't take quite so many pictures of the birds and beasts there. I will definitely get them up ASAP! :D

Those are some really great wildlife pics!!! It must have been so pretty there. Maybe we should have done a 'forum adventure' so I could have gone along(once I got over my separation anxiety from the fur-kids :p). It is a good thing you had Will to take care of the your own wildlife at home. I knew my Mr. Regiford wouldn't give you the butt... he's such a good piggie.

myheart

I think I have bunnies on the brain. Yesterday, I had most of the day to sit around and do nothing. So, I decided to get dinner ready at 9:00 in the morning. I decided to make stew, so I started getting everything together. As I was chopping the celery, I thought about how much the critters love their celery. I put the leafy part and some stalk buts aside for them. I kept following the recipe and realized that I didn't have any carrots or onions around. So, off to the store I went. I stopped at the "hippy store" first, which is just an organic market. Will and I forget the name all the time, so I've just started calling it the hippy store. They had some beautiful carrots (with the greens still attached) and some nice romaine. I picked that up, plus some spices I was missing for the stew. I'll get back to the spice thing in a minute... Then, off to Pick'N'Save (main grocery store) I went. I decided that I wanted some ice cream or sherbet for dessert. While cruising the dessert aisle, I found that Blue Bunny brand ice cream was on sale. I picked up the "bunny tracks" flavor.

ANYWAY, back to topic... Kind of. I made the rest of the stew, blah blah blah. I took all of the vegetable scraps and made the bun-buns a very nice salad. So Will would know which veggies to give them for the evening, I took the bunny-bowls and pre-made the salads. They had romaine, celery bits, carrot greens, and the carrot peelings in them. I took some carrots that were sliced into discs and put them in a "T" on Toby's salad and an "S" on Sammi's. Reggie's food bowl was too small to fit an "R" on. lol

So, I went to school for the afternoon. When I came home, Will asked me about the "leafy bowls with letters on them" in the fridge. When I told him what they were for, he rolled his eyes and laughed at me. Then, while trying to change the subject, I told him that I got ice cream for dessert. He was still making fun of me for the bun-bun salads at this point, but he stopped long enough to ask what kind of ice cream... I looked at him and said, "Bunny Tracks..." in a giggly little voice. He started laughing and told me, "At least it's not Blue Bunny!" He must have been able to tell from the look on my face because he burst out laughing. He told me that I am 100% a crazy bunneh ladeh!

Sorry, stupid story. I just wanted to share my bunny-themed afternoon! lol

Oh! Back to the spices! The hippy food store, which is actually Good Harvest, has really inexpensive bulk spices. At Pick'N'Save, one ounce of sesame seeds is $4.29. So, it's $4.29/oz. At Good Harvest, sesame seeds are only like $2.39/LB! That's per pound, people! Granted, they're raw, but still! That's ridiculous! I mean, they're in bulk and everything, but is that big of a price jump justified for elsewhere!? Since they have everything in bulk, it allows me to buy as little or as much as I want. Since I never use bay leaves, I bought three of them for a few cents. At Pick'N'Save, I would have had to buy a whole container. I'm starting to like the hippy food store more and more!

</rant>

More Tortuguero pictures! Enjoy!

Click them to make them bigger!

Band-backed Wren

Red-eyed Tree Frog

Red-eyed Tree Frog eggs

Chestnut-mandibled Toucan

Common Tody-Flycatcher

Bare-throated Tiger-Heron (juvenile and adult, respectively)

Clay-colored Thrush (Robin) - Costa Rica's national bird

Passerini's Tanager (male & female, respectively)

Blue-gray Tanager

Mangrove Swallow

Roseate Spoonbill

Three-toed Sloth

Two-toed Sloth

Variable Seedeater (male & female)

Pufferfish!

Great Potoo

Montezuma Oropendula

Brown Pelican

Howler Monkeys (jumping from tree to tree)

*male - note the "huevos"*

Ringed Kingfisher

Northern Jaçana

Great Kiskadee

Anhinga

... and that's it for Tortuguero! I will post my Arenal and Manuel Antonio pictures soon!

Latest posts

Back