Berri has went over to the bridge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I really dounderstand why you are hurting - I wouldn't have understood three weeksago - but I do now.

It is going to take time to grieve for her - but let yourself grieveand don't let anyone tell you she was "just an animal". She was special.

I have had a good day today - I hadn't cried till I opened a drawertrying to find some bunny medicine - and I came across GingerSpice'sbibs I'd bought her about a week before she passed...since she wouldget so messy eating.

Art came in the room and thought we'd lost another rabbit - I was crying so hard. But it just ... snuck up on me.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm learning that grief really isthe price we pay for love...but its worth it to have experienced thelove even for a short period of time.

Peg

Oh Sweetie!!! I just saw this right now!! I'm so sorry to hear you lost your baby!!

My heart, love, and hugs are with you...you're very loved here, and we're all here for you.

Binky free and healthy, Sweet Berri...

:rainbow::bunnyangel::purplepansy::pray::bigtears:

Thank you Fiona, Lara, Peg and Rosie.

Snuffles, I did get to sleep, I cried myself to sleep and it didn'ttake too long. I think I had a dream about her, but I can't reallyremember.

Pebble and Ebony ate their food, but they are still acting strange.

She will be buried today. That will be tough, I won't watch.

I feel guilty, I only saw her once or twice this week because I wassick, she didn't get in the house for the last two weeks, I wasplanning on bringing her in today, she always got in on a Sunday. Mypoor girl spent her last few days out there and I never even went tosee her.

But she is better off now, the pain of the abscesses has gone, she hadtoo many, she just couldn't fight anymore. She tried so hard.

:cry1:

But I'm not sure about Rainbow Bridge, we are told in RE that whenanimals die they are gone, there is no afterlife for them. I hope thatis wrong. I hope I will see her again.

I'm so sorry, Michaela. You both fought so hard.

2j2uhi9.jpg

Whatever you believe, she is now free from pain. Binky free, Berri.

Oh Michaela, I am so very sorry about Berri, Iknow how much you love your babies. I can't believe thatanimals don't have an afterlife - I once saw a Priest on TV that saidanimals had to be in Heaven, because it wouldn't be Heaven without them!

As for getting another bunny - only do it when you feel ready for it.Give yourself (and Pebble and Ebony) time to grieve over beautifulBerri. And you know we are here for you.

Jan

I am so sorry... :saddenedHugs to you and your Pebbles and Ebony.:hug1

~Star~

"My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today." ~Watership Down~

Hi there, I missed this earlier and just foundout about your sweet Berri in another thread. I'm so sorryfor the loss of your heart bunny. (hugs) to you, Pebble andEbony while you guys deal with this.

Take care.

Oh Michaela, so sorry I missed this. This is sad beyond words. :sad:

:rip:Berri... We'll miss you so much, but being pain free surpasses our needs.

And no, it most certainly would not be heaven without ourbunnies. If I thought for one second they wouldn't be there,I'd stop helping little old ladies across the street and start knockingoverbanks.

sas :tears2:

I'm sorry to hear about your bunny loss:bawl::sad: :cry4: I'm sure you did all you could to help her, and I'msure she knew that too. She's probably thanking you from bunny heavenright now :angel::rip: I hope your life will return to a new normalsoon.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of yourheart bunny :(. I know how you feel, it is so hard.It will take time but you will heal....we're all here foryou. Again, I'm so sorry.

Thank you Sas, Gwhoosh and f_j.

I have to say, I still don't think I've accepted it, every-time I thinkabout her I stop myself and find something to keep me busy. Am I notallowing myself to grieve?:?

:bigtears:I am so sorry to hear about you losingone of your precious bunnies. I lost one just last Novemberand one three years ago (they were 9 and 11). But this lastone was hard to get over. I was going to get one that lookedlike him, but I couldn't replace him. So I got two dutchesthis January. It took me a while to decide, but I am gladthat I have these two, plus I still have three outsiderabbits. Try to think of her running free without a care inthe world or fear. Take care.

May I suggest that you allow yourself to thinkabout her - to cry for her if need be - and to just grieve.Maybe you aren't ready - you'll know when you are.

I can now look at pictures of GingerSpice and not bawl my eyes out. Istill hurt- and I ache inside. It's been 3 weeks....and I still almostcry every day. I imagine I will cry more in the future too.

But when you're ready to grieve - just let go and let the pain and emotions come out....you just may not be ready yet!

Peg

Michaela wrote:
Thank you Sas, Gwhoosh and f_j.

I have to say, I still don't think I've accepted it, every-time I thinkabout her I stop myself and find something to keep me busy. Am I notallowing myself to grieve?:?

Thank you Hare Comes Trouble.

Crystal, thank you, I had a look at it and I think you are right.

Peg, last night I just lay there and let myself remember her, I cried -a lot - and tried to remember the good times I had with her, it's sopainful:(Thank you.

Latest posts

Back