Berri has went over to the bridge

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to say, things are getting harderevery day. I can't help missing her, Pebble and Ebony are totally lostwithout her, things are just bad:(

I've not been able to spend as much time on here, at the start when shewent it helped distract me, but now it's like the opposite, seeing allthe other bunnies, especially when I see rexes.

I cried at school today, not good. It was my friends fault, we werelooking at a display board and one of my pieces of work on it has a bitmissing from the corner - Berri chewed it - and I pointed this out toher, she rolled her eyes, sighed, and said, not rabbits again, orsomething like that, I couldn't believe it.:cry2 I would never do thatif one of her stupid ugly dogs died.

Aww, Michaela, I'm sorry - how very insensitive of your 'friend'.

It will still be hard - I still miss Perry so much, and I still shedtears over him. And seeing the chewed corner would just bring back somany memories. At least we here all know how you feel, and you canalways be sure we are there for you.

Hugs to you, Pebble and Ebony

Jan

Thanks Jan:hug2:Not many people aroundme understand, they just don't get how I loved Berri, though 2 of mybest friends have been great:DAnd of course I've had so muchsupport from my allRO peeps!:bunnydance:

I haven't spoken to the girl who I mentioned since she said it, am I overreacting?:?

It's hard enough to loose a dog or a catand deal with those people who do not understand the pain it causesyou... it's even harder however to loose a pet whether it be a rabbit,a guinea pig a rat or such and have another 'animal' person belittlethat loss...
The sad part is however is that many people are not blessed with theability to understand, appreciate and love the many creatures placedupon this earth. I truly believe it takesa certain type ofperson to really appreciate, enjoy, and mourn these 'other' creatures.
Berri was not only blessed to be born such a magnificent wonderfulcreature, but to find her way into a home with someone who trulyunderstood her.
Even though is must be so tremendously painful to be missing her, takecomfort in the fact that the person who misses her is someone whoTRUELY loved and understood her.
If you need anything we are here for you, as even though we may neverhave met her, we truly do understand how much you loved such awonderful graceful little creature.

lots of love
Lara and Bangbang

Thanks so much Lara, that is beautiful, and very helpful:hug2:

I still cry sometimes, I don't know why, but when other people mention her I burst into tears.:? But the pain is lessening.

It's ok to cry, Michaela. I still crywhen I think about my cat (my parent's cat) that was PTS a yearago. He had been with my family since I was 10, and it's sohard to visit my parents and not have him there. The paindoes decrease in time, and hopefully you'll be able to remember her andthink of the good things instead of how much you miss her.:hug2:

I understand this so perfectly - and it is so normal to feel this way.

I'm finding that the pain is lessening and I don't cry as much or foras long. But I do still cry....and at times it has been hard for me tolove on my other rabbits because I'd just give anything (even them) tohave her back. Then I feel guilty for those thoughts.

I hate grieving - but I guess it is worth the price of having had Ginger for her short life...

I'm sure some day you will be able to smile again and not hurt so much.

Peg

Michaela wrote:
Thanks so much Lara, that is beautiful, and very helpful:hug2:

I still cry sometimes, I don't know why, but when other people mention her I burst into tears.:? But the pain is lessening.

naturestee wrote:
It's ok to cry, Michaela. I still cry when I thinkabout my cat (my parent's cat) that was PTS a year ago. Hehad been with my family since I was 10, and it's so hard to visit myparents and not have him there. The pain does decrease intime, and hopefully you'll be able to remember her and think of thegood things instead of how much you miss her. :hug2:
Thanks Angela.:hug1 I'm sorry about your cat, how terrible to lose him after so long together.:cry2

TinysMom wrote:
I understand this so perfectly - and it is so normal to feel this way.

I'm finding that the pain is lessening and I don't cry as much or foras long. But I do still cry....and at times it has been hard for me tolove on my other rabbits because I'd just give anything (even them) tohave her back. Then I feel guilty for those thoughts.

I hate grieving - but I guess it is worth the price of having had Ginger for her short life...

I'm sure some day you will be able to smile again and not hurt so much.

Peg
I thought the same thing, I said to a friend on MSN that I'd doanything to have Berri back, even give away Pebble and Ebony. Iregretted it straight away and I hate myself for even thinkingit:cry1:, because I love them too, so so much.

My mum got really upset at the loss of Berri too, she wasn't sure ifshe wanted anymore pets because the grieving is so hard, but I said thesame thing to her, that it is worth it for every second you spend withthem alive.

I hope you'll be able to remember GingerSpice and enjoy the memories of her soon too.:hug2:

It has now been exactly a month since she passedon. I can't believe it. I still forget that she's gone sometimes when Iwake up in the mornings..then I remember...it's like losing her allover again. Anyway, I just wanted to put this little memorial of herhere, it's inmyblog too.

berrimemorial2.jpg

Thats beautiful, Michaela.

Berri was such a special girl, and Im sure it helps that you have her daughters to help carry on her memory.

We miss you sweet Berri :pray:

What a beautiful memorial for a beautiful bunny.

I almost laughed (out loud) today at something a rabbit did - so myhope is that you aren't far behind me in the grieving process...

Peg

Sorry for dragging up old threads here, there'sno need to respond,I just wanted to tell Berri I still missher and love her and think about her every day. It's been over 2 monthssince she went now, and just in the last little while I've had a fewdays when all the grief came back again, I haven't been able to do muchwithout shedding a tear for her. :(

Oh Michaela, there's no need to apologise about bringing this thread back. We know how much you loved, and still love, Berri.

I still cry over Perry, and that's been over 5 months. Sometimes,something just catches you off guard and brings the memories back. Istill miss seeing Pernod laying next to her little man.

:hug1 Jan

Hon,

I know exactly how you feel. I read my thread about Ginger quite oftenand want to add more to it - to tell her how much I miss her - to tellher I've done something and thought about her.

So I understand exactly how you feel!

Peg

Latest posts

Back