Benjamin Getting Neutered On Wednesday (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Emily came down this morning and he was drinking his banana water, we don't know how long he'd been drinking for but he stopped when she came down. At least he got a little bit, I've had to fill his pellets up 3 times since yesterday!

Just been to the vets (well at about half 4 but I only got back from my friends now)

One of his little sacky thingy-ma bobs :p is really swollen and it isn't just swollen apparentley its a deema (sp?) Thats what it sounded like -please correct me.

Which is basically a build up of tissue inside, one of the sacky things (what ARE they called? lol) is normal and the other is all squishy and swollen.

So he had to have 2 more injections .9 of one and .1 of another. (Antibiotic and Pain killer)

And we have to take him back on Monday.

:( Poor boy. Have you now got Metacam to give him over the weekend? And Antibios?

I have no idea of the proper spelling, but I am sure someone will come along.

I think he does need Metacam daily for the next few days. It will help ease the inflammation because ti is an anti-inflammatory, so it seems a bit backward to not give you any to take home :| Also, I just wonder about the anti biotic used and what it was, as well as if using it every few days works best for that antibiotic.

Sorry Becca, just my opinion on it.

It's edema (american english) or oedema (british english).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edema

It's a fluid buildup, and the sacs would be the scrotum. I would agree that an anti-inflammatory would be good. Can you get your vet to call in a prescription of metacam to the chemist? I know some drugstores for people around here will also fill animal prescriptions.

Icing will also help. I'm not sure why he got edema but I'm glad you got him in and looked at. It could have been because the blood vessels and lymph vessels that normally drain fluid away from the tissue were disturbed because of the surgery leading to a fluid buildup.

Is it oedema? I thought that was the build up of lymph fluids, can cause swelling in legs in humans. maybe this is what your vet meant?
Sorry to hear Benjamin is still having trouble:(

Thanks for the great replies guys, the vet said it was probably because he hadn't been moving around as much. I hadn't really noticed to be honest but he had been bunny flopping alot.

He is still eating well and drinking a little, I'm just about to go and check it again.

Will update in a second.

same with eyore, he was not pooing, but i lifted him out and let him hop about then left him in the big box again...
that night, he jumped out of the box, and had all night to run about, and had left like 20 poops or some thing for me to clean up. so i think movement might help him pee...?????

No its not that he hasn't been peeing or pooping he has, its just a build up of tissue inside the little sacky things.

It has gone down a little, I have set up a pen and opened his cage door so he can hopefully venture out and have a little move around.

No its not that he hasn't been peeing or pooping he has, its just a build up of tissue inside the little sacky things.

It has gone down a little, I have set up a pen and opened his cage door so he can hopefully venture out and have a little move around.

Did you call and get some Metacam today? If not, when you next go, if it's still there, PLEASE ask for some (or get your mum to ask for some) because that should help it ease quicker, and less painfully.

I'm glad he is acting ok though :)

Been out all day today, I'll see how it is tomorrow and then I'll definelty call and get some metacam don't worry :)

He is acting fine in himself though, eating hay, pellets and hes been drinking lots from his bowl!! I don't think I'm gonna get him back to using a bottle now hehe, I'm gonna have to buy him a new food bowl! At the moment he is using a little lunch boxy thing!

Latest posts

Back