Benjamin Getting Neutered On Wednesday (RESOLVED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As soon as we got home:

DSC01134-1.jpg

This morning:

DSC01135.jpg

HELP :nerves1

What is it you need help with? The fact it's more swollen?

To be honest, that seems to be quite common, however, he probably does need some anti-inflammatories (i.e. Metacam) to help combat that. Most of mine balloon a bit the next day, but some more than others.

How undignified having your 'bits' posted on the web :p

Some swell more than others. tonyshuman posted somewhere on here, I think, about using ice. Maybe reread through the thread and find where she said that because that could be useful.

How is he acting in himself?

Well 1 sign of classic Benjamin was this morning when he wouldn't let me pick him up *normal* to check his wound.

He is quite lively in himself, I'm just worried hes not drinking or peeing :(

Could you find a way to give him a bowl? Is it that you haven't seen him drink, or that his water hasn't gone down? Also, if he has had more fresh than normal he will be getting his hydration from that. If he is syringe trained you could use that method to give him some more water, but it's probably not worth actually giving him it forcefully by a syringe just yet, especially as he is eating fine).

Well we've been putting water on the hay that hes been eating so hes got water from that too.

He has been getting a litte smidgle of water but just not as much as I feel comfortable with him having.

Hey becca I will say this.

when storm came home from surgry I was watching his water intake and it seemed less then normal. same with when he had stasis well was coming out of that but anyway. His water intake is not that much anyway from what I have been watching I still think its not enough.

But there small animals and get fresh veggys and your also adding water to his hay. So the water intake I would defently watch. But also remember that. omeone told me that when storm came home and it helped a lot.

Its ok for him to not yet be eating pellets. I bet he is getting FAR more fresh food than normal?

Has he had a wee yet?

If you are worried, call the vet, or ask your mum to call the vet.

Something you can do to encourage the wee might be to bring Fluffball or Dippy into the area where Benjamin is. Keep Benjamin in the cage, and have them near by (but be careful there is no fighting between the bars) and that might encourage him to spray. Whilst not very pleasant, lol, it will show you he is weeing. I used this trick with Hope after his neuter because he wouldn't poo, and it worked like a charm.

It won't happen instantly. It will take his hormones a few weeks to die down, right now, he still feels a full man, and doesn't realise his manhood has been removed.

just wait when he realsies some thing is gone.... some thing important.....
his man hood!!!!!!
then he will hold a grudge for the next few hours... glaring at you. then let you pet him then hold him then, it is pushed to the back of his mind.ready to pop up when he needs some thing to get on to you about.....lol

When Benjamin was neutered, the vet recommended putting an ice pack wrapped in a towel on the area for 10 min at a time, 2-3 times a day to help with swelling.

HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED HE'S PEED !

How do I know? I see wet in his cage, pick up the straw stick it under my nose take a big wiff and YAY it was pee!!!

I'm happy now!

I'll try the ice pack thingy now :)

Latest posts

Back