Basil, Max, Tumnus & Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess:

For your new bun, I would say skip the cottage. I think hewill be too big for it. Its not so much about the support ofthe second and third levels, its access to them. The opening for thebunny to jump up is just kinda small for most regular-sized breeds). Iwould suggest just getting a cardboard box and cutting it to besomething he can go in and hide. He would probably get more use out ofthat (and save you lots of $$).

Ive never ordered from Bunny Bytes (I got my cottage from some place inCA) but they do have some neat stuff! Some of it isoverpriced (a lot of those hanging things you can make yourself or getas bird toys). My boys have the flip n toss carrot and the rattle,but dont really use them. Anything wicker or straw they lovethough. My two best toys for my buns are the straw mats and cardboardpaper towel rolls ( I hang them from the second level of thecage).

Another fun and very cheap toy is to take old carboard boxes(cereal,granola, even quaker oat tubesetc) and open both endsand stuff em with hay..the buns love these!

Hope this helps!

EDITED: to remove those pics of the toys..they were too big!

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking the samething about the cottage. I already bought those two toys, along with amenagerie of other ones back a few months ago when I decided to getanother rabbit and went on a spur of the moment shopping spree :D Ithink I'll buy a lot of wicker basets and chew rings from Bunny Bytes.

Haley - Your rabbits are gorgeous! I'm verypartial to the Dutch..especially Basil! (My first rabbitwas atortoise Dutch, she wasan awesome pet. .sadly, she died aftermoving her out of the house, when a neighbors doginvaded ourproperty.)

Now, I have multiple black Dutch (hense the name). I'm looking for somechocolate and tortoise in my area.. but I've only found two. (And weonly bought from two! :) )

Mr. Tumnus is adorable as well, I love his story. My sister's bunny wasa wild bunny, looks Netherland Dwarf-ish, we adopted him. He was foundroaming the streets of a city.

Blackdutch: My boys thank you for the compliments.

I am also partial to dutch. I always wanted my third to be a littlelight brown dutch girl to bond with my boys. Ah well, things dontalways happen how we plan them. I still might consider getting Tumnus alittle lady.

I think you're the first person to ever think Basil was better lookingthan Max. He's my heart bunny and I love him, but most people think Maxis the cuter of the two. This is my favorite pic:

basresized.jpg

Oh, and I saw your babies...they are just too cute!

Basil is such a handsome gentleman. What is thename for his color? He appears to be grey from some angles in cretainpictures, but he seems to have a bit of a red-brown tint on top of thegrey in other pictures.

-Amy

Thanks Amy!

I think he is what they call a blue tort. Ive been told lots ofdifferent names (opal, lilac etc) but a few breeders here saidhe'sprobablyblue tort.His headhas a lot of grey and his body has more light brown.

Thanks for asking..wish I had some more good news to report :(

I decided to take a small break from bonding. Basil and Max both hadsurgery for those abscesses and I can tell both are feeling a bit down.I thought I would baby them both and give them loads of attention fornow. When they get to feeling better, we'll start up again.

I'll keep you guys posted :waiting:

-Haley

Thanks for asking!

Basil seems to be doing great. The area where he had the abscess removed is healing wonderfully!

Max is okay..I think that he may need some stronger antibiotic wherethe tooth was removed (beads or an injection) bc I just have a feelingthat the abscess isnt fully gone. He will be going in to the vet inabout a week to have his tooth trimmed, so we'll see.

I'll keep you guys posted :)

Hi Haley, I finally figured out how to download these pictures of Daisy Mae for Mr Tumnus.

I hope he enjoys them......

She anxious to meet him.

Soooska

Tumnus thinks those are gorgeous photos of DaisyMae! He's tunneling in his hay box right now, I reminded himthat he cant dig to Canada :)

She has blue eyes, doesnt she? So gorgeous!!

Thanks for asking!

They are doing pretty well I think. Basil's abscess is completely goneand the incision has healed wonderfully (he just had it in the cheek).Max is doing well, although I have to keep monitoring him. The areawhere the abscess tooth was removed is very large and hard. My doctortold me as long as its not soft we're okay. Hes eating wonderfullythough.

Heres hoping those dang infections stay away...too many vet bills this year!

Latest posts

Back