Basil, Max, Tumnus & Lucy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!

I just got home from my first full day of volunteering at the RabbitRescue Shelter in Plymouth, MI. I cant even begin to tell you how muchwork it is. I have a deep admiration for the people that runthis place (and all these kinds of rescues). Its just so amazing thatpeople give up their own personal time to devote to theseanimals. I worked a whopping 9 hours today (plus the 1 driveboththere and back!) and Im just about dead.

They have around 100 rabbits at this shelter. All are amazing bunnieswith such fun personalities. Most of the buns are housed in NIC pens orvery large dog crates, so they have lots of room to run around. Theyreworking on switching everything to the NIC pens once they can get thenumber of rabbits down a bit.

Anyway, after changing about 85 litter boxes, cleaning out about 50cages, giving food, water and hay to these bunnies..I made a fewfriends! Heres a few really sweet ones that I made a special connectionwith:

Cohen (and you all know why I love him...dutch) :)

Tatiana:

Maple:

Muffet:

Beatrice:

Just thought I would share my wonderful experience! If anyoneis interested in any of these buns (or any buns...they are veryover-crowded!) please feel free to pm me. :)

That's the trouble with volunteering, you justwant to take everyone home. My favorite part is when I get toshow someone an animal (usually a dog) and then they decide to takethem. It makes me feel so good inside.

UPDATE:

We just had two very successful bonding sessions in a row so I thought I'd share my pics!

First Night (we had a little fighting, but overall went well):

3bunsbonding.jpg

3bunsbonding2.jpg

Tonight, we moved to the Dining Room Table-no fighting!

3bunsbonding4.jpg

3bunsbonding6.jpg

3bunsbonding5.jpg

They were all so funny. Basil and Max were looking for an escape route the whole time, they were terrified!

I'll keep you all posted! Fingers crossed :)

Yay for progress! It's funny how Mr.Tumnus loseshis signature "bunitude" when he's around the other boys. He looksvery... submissive and tentative. Great pictures. Good luck with them!

I love you boys!!!!!!!!!:headflick:They look socontent. I wish I could have all of mine inside but have to many forthat. I do have three that are potty trained and get to go in my studionow and then. They seem to enjoy that. But I do spend a lot of timeoutside with them.

I almost got a dutch last month. Last minute theguy gave it to someone who could get there before me. :(I amstill alittle upset about it. He looked alot like Max.

Sooska: Daisy Mae looks just like this::apollo: in that last pic!

Tumnus says she is one foxy lady! He loves her long, flowing mane.:kiss:

No more male bonding, he's packing up his carrots and crossingtheBluewater Bridge as we speak....Does he need a passport tocome to Canada? :)

And thanks to everyone for the compliments! Here's hoping things continue to progress!!

I am in love with Mr. Tumnus. :inlove:

I love the way his ears are all slicked back in the last two bonding pics.

He looks just a tad nervous, bless his heart!

Haley, Daisy Mae is very excited:bunnydance:about Mr Tumnus 's reply. She said shewill meet him at the border.

Now I have to go pretty her up and give her a good brushing.

Soooska:apollo:

Amy:

Bunnies066-1.jpg

He loves it!

Its weird bc I originally ordered it for Basil and Max (before I hadTumnus). They each weigh about 4.5 lbs and dont really like to jump upon things so I wasnt sure. For them, the cottage was toosmall. It has 2 levels to jump up to, but you really have to be curiousto go up there, and it requires a bit of manuevering...I tried puttingraisins there and everything..no luck.

The good part is that if your bun doesnt want to jump up, you canremove the second level and it can just be likea littlehide-out. I put down a straw mat in there and Max would just go inthere for some alone time (he liked that he could poke his head outeach side).

Then, I got Tumnus and saw how he's a little mountain goat (plus heonly weighs a few pounds) so I let him have a go at it. Hehas so much fun! He will climb the ramp, climb all the levels and jumpdown from the top level even.

Anyway, depends on the bun...but if they wont jump up you can always use it as a little fort :)

Let me know how it goes!

Awww, Tummy looks like the king of the mountain!I was thinking about buying one of those, too... but I've heard mixedreviews about them. Some people swear by them, and others say they gounused. It seems a bit much to pay for a simple cardboard box,especially when I can get dozens of them for FREE at work! :D Whichsupplier did you order from? I'm about to order loads from Bunny Bytes,any suggestions?

Haley,
He looks like he loves it.

I ordered mine mostly for Alfred (very small at 2.9 pounds). He's notable to chew with his malocclusion (his first consultation aboutpossible surgery is tomorrow!) and I'm hoping that it will be somethingthat he can have fun with. I've been pretty limited thus farwhen it comes to toys he likes (paper bags, and toys with bells havebeen somewhat successful). He really likes to hide under things, sohopefully this will do the trick.

-Amy

EDIT: I tried making my own, but it didn't work out very well. I gaveit a test run with Oswald, the most bold of my two, but hh hopped up tothe top and it caved in!

I will admit that I'm not very handy . . .

Latest posts

Back