Baby rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irishbunny wrote:
Kk no problem
OMG mam just rang me to say they were out of all the hutches but they have ones not yet assembled so they will assemble it and deliver it to the door. it is worth €85 it's supposed to be massive!! It will be delivered at about 3.30pm tomorrow. Is everyone happy?

It's not about keeping everyone happy but something that should help you keep your rabbits safe

Are you going to have money to get something for the babies if they survive, or are you just going by chance? Since the babies will have their eyes open in a week and a half.

irishbunny wrote:
Are you going to have money to get something for the babies if they survive, or are you just going by chance? Since the babies will have their eyes open in a week and a half.

I have money. But I have a large hamster cage that I'll put one of them into, And I have a large budgie cage aswell. These were all spares. My budgie died after 4 years, got the second hamster cage off cousin because they killed there hamster by throwing it off a wall.:XHe was so cute.

they need to be kept warm above all else. If they are cool you can put them under your shirt and hold them near your heart for a few minutr=es to warm them. Then Put them together in the nest. If mother has pulled fur you can cover them with it. If not you can cover them with any fluffy matter like cotton. I tried kleenex once but the kits made holes in it and got too tangled.

My mother rabbit ever made nests so I had to make sure they were gathered together. If they stay together they will be warm. Ringer had her babies in a cat cube so at least they were all together. A little box will do too.

Ringer wrote:
they need to be kept warm above all else. If they are cool you can put them under your shirt and hold them near your heart for a few minutr=es to warm them. Then Put them together in the nest. If mother has pulled fur you can cover them with it. If not you can cover them with any fluffy matter like cotton. I tried kleenex once but the kits made holes in it and got too tangled.

My mother rabbit ever made nests so I had to make sure they were gathered together. If they stay together they will be warm. Ringer had her babies in a cat cube so at least they were all together. A little box will do too.
Basically don't split them up and put one in the hamster and the other in the budgy cage. By the time they move aboyt either cage will be too small

Ringer wrote:

Babies are separate from momma, in a box in the sitting room so they will stay warm. I'll get suki to feed them when mam gets home.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

I have money. But I have a large hamster cage that I'll put one of them into, And I have a large budgie cage aswell. These were all spares. My budgie died after 4 years, got the second hamster cage off cousin because they killed there hamster by throwing it off a wall.:XHe was so cute.
You can't spilt them up, they need eachother for warmth, at about 2 weeks old they will start to explore a little.

Ringer wrote:

Well there not with there momma, There in a box in the sitting room keeping warm. The momma rejected them.

irishbunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

You can't spilt them up, they need eachother for warmth, at about 2 weeks old they will start to explore a little.
I'll sort them out.

irishbunny wrote:
I mean, do you not think it would be worth getting a decent cage made for rabbits that you could use again?

I'm getting one tomorrow. I'm really considering getting roger neutered, So after six weeks I can put him back in with suki? Do people think it's OK for me to put roger back in once he is neutered? This isn't me just saying this I just don't want any more babies.

Plus if the one with half an ear survives I might keep him.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I mean, do you not think it would be worth getting a decent cage made for rabbits that you could use again?

I'm getting one tomorrow. I'm really considering getting roger neutered, So after six weeks I can put him back in with suki? Do people think it's OK for me to put roger back in once he is neutered? This isn't me just saying this I just don't want any more babies.

I ment a cage for the babies and one for Sukura, you could get a normal cage for the babies for 40-50, I can show youa pic of the one I got for Princess for 50, it's a big cage too. I think it's great that you want to get Roger neteured. Would you consider getting Suki spayed? I bet if she was spayed she would calm down alot. I think it's great you don't want anymore babies, since where you live, there isn't enough space and it isn't the right enviromentfor raising rabbit IMO.

irishbunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:

I ment a cage for the babies and one for Sukura, you could get a normal cage for the babies for 40-50, I can show youa pic of the one I got for Princess for 50, it's a big cage too. I think it's great that you want to get Roger neteured. Would you consider getting Suki spayed? I bet if she was spayed she would calm down alot. I think it's great you don't want anymore babies, since where you live, there isn't enough space and it isn't the right enviromentfor raising rabbit IMO.
Well I'm thinking of splitting the new one into two for the babies aswell. I would only be getting roger done, well for the time being. And I would still be getting my show quality rabbits in the summer and I would be breeding them. But the rabbits I have at the mo will be kept as pets. And the show quality rabbits will only be bred 3-4 times a year.

Latest posts

Back