Baby Rabbit ears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My female rabbit Maya had her litter of kits. They are about a week and a half old now. They aremini lop mixed with California white and lionhead. How or when can I tell what their ears will be like? If their erect or lop?

Attachments

• 20180822_120758.jpg
    20180822_120758.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
One of our breeders here can probably give you a more expert answer, but I recall others saying that sometimes one may not know for months-- that ears can start out erect and flop (or was it vice versa?) up to a few months of age.

Hi Dorothy,
I have a baby holland lop and the moment I seen her, she was very special because at 8 weeks, she had one ear down but the other one was always standing upright with strength and for a little while I truly thought it would be that way forever.
She is now close to 6 months old and her ear has fully dropped which I noticed happening more and more about a month and a bit ago. So she was around 4 and a half months old when it started going down although still having the control to raise it at times. I’d say anywhere between 4-6 months and you’ll know for sure what your babies ears will do by that age. I hope my experience with my sweet little “Peaches” helps! I’ve included 2 photos of before and now (which she is on the right in the 2nd picture) @Dorothy Raymond 6AE62F8A-FA9B-4CDE-AFB9-D388118A5BCC.jpeg6E339F39-94C1-4DF0-AA21-889F01FF9D25.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back