Baby Mini Rex!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Denise. :)

Yes, the little runt is very very small. It looks like his teeth are messed up...not sure why it could be..?

This morning we could not locate him in the nestbox, so if he passed away we are thinking that Sage might have ate the remains. We didn't have much time to look since we had to finish feeding and head off for school. I only hope that he's not suffering or didn't suffer.

Emily

Denise, I'm not sure if it's a normal thing...

We did find the runt dead in the back of the nestbox yesterday afternoon. It's a little hard when we find them dead, because we want them to be healthy, etc.... but it's all apart of breeding. ;)

I sexed the little guys today and I think that there are two boys and a girl, however, once they are 3 weeks old and I can tell more better, then I will confirm this. lol.

One baby has it's eyes open and the other two have theirs open just a tad. Hopefully they'll all be open tomorrow!!

Emily

sorry about the peanut.

but i am so glad the other 3 are healthy and doing well :)

Thanks Brenda. :)

And Megan, just saw your comment about wanting to see them! lol. Are you going to be showing at the Spring Youth Fair in May in Chehalis by chance? If so, we might be showing which ever kits we still have. ;)

Emily

I'm surprised at how long it survived, too. I think if we hadn't fed it, then it wouldn't have made it as long as it did.

We took loads of pics today of the babies!! So we will be getting those up very soon!

All of the babies have their eyes open today! :) They are very energetic, too. Next time we bring them up we are going to put them in the playpen, because they are getting fast and curious. lol.

Emily

They probably will!
Just gotta watch 'em.
One of the babies' had his eye closed and it was a little crusty so I took a warm washcloth and put it on his eye. After a couple minutes it was open and I bet he could see a lot better!!

Emily

Here are pictures of the babies!!

They are 12 days old today. :D

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010018.jpg
Two of the cuties sittin' in the wooden box we use to bring them up to the house. :D This way fur/shavings/hay doesn't get all over the house from bringing up their nestbox.

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010035.jpg
All three of them! We think the sexes are as follows:Pink: Girl; Orange: Boy; Green: Boy.

Sexes will be confirmed at 3 weeks of age! It's still a little bit tricky to be sure right now... but my hopefully my guesses are correct! :D

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010004.jpg
Cuddlin' together!

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010034.jpg
Cute little face!

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010030.jpg

BabybunniesandFoodFeb2010003.jpg

These are just some of the good ones we got today! They're not all uploaded yet, so once Amanda gets the rest uploaded on Photobucket, then I will put them here!

Emily

Latest posts

Back