Baby lops (with pictures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, I'm supposed to name them for the humane society. I'm not putting tons of effort into it for that reason. I really would like to keep one.. honestly, I'd like to keep at least two.. but I'd be happy with one. Problem is my favorite is the harlequin, but now with the issues the little runt is having, I think he might be the first choice.

Anyway.. my sister is thinking about adopting one of them, so that would make me feel better. She lives like 5 feet away from me, so I could see whichever she picks all the time.

I'm going to post some pictures of the runt in the infirmary to see if I can get any ideas of what is going on.

Here are Day 14 pictures:
Iggy-2.jpg

babies-2.jpg

babies2.jpg

babies3.jpg

broken-2.jpg

litter-9.jpg

weeble-1.jpg

runt-8.jpg

Sure. I took these two yesterday that was pretty good, too, if you want to use either.
runt-9.jpg

To me this guy looks like he's saying "Hold your applause!"
fawn-5.jpg

Oh my gosh, they've grown a ton - too adorable (I'm so glad I don't live closer to you or else I'd be adopting some, lol).

Awwwwwwwww!!!! That was all i was thinking at every picture :) Now i definately want to foster a doe with babies, it would be awesome! I would never breed either, so it would be the only way for me to have baby bunnies around as well. I just want to snuggle with them all, so adorable :)

Okay.. I know it's been a while.. but I have new pictures :)

Litter:
litter-10.jpg

Little Scotty (runt with eye issue)
Scotty2-1.jpg

Scotty4.jpg

Tips:
Tipsy.jpg

Tips2.jpg

Weeble Jr.
Weeble3.jpg

Sid:
SID2.jpg

Piccolini:
Piccolini.jpg

Monroe:
Monroe.jpg

So.. hope you all enjoy.
I'm pretty sure we're keeping Little Scotty. I'd love to keep them all.. it's going to be so sad to see them go in 4 weeks. I might have a home for 1 or 2 of them so far.. hoping to find at least a few more homes over the next few weeks.
They're all doing very well. They're getting awfully crazy.. we have a room set up for them to get some free range daily. It's tough to keep an eye on 10 baby bunnies, though!

If the photos have won anyone over and you'd like to adopt one, let me know!! :)
We may be going up to Maine (around Damariscotta/newcastle) this summer.. so if anyone is in or close to that area we could potentially transport a few..

OMG!! :thud:They are all BEAUTIFUL!!! That has to be hard to give them up. You did a great job with them :)Thanks for all the pic's and posts.

Ok sooooo....some questions....

1. Will they be spayed and neutered through the humane society?
  2. What will the adoption fee be?
  3. Any females?

Squeal!!! I'm so glad you're keeping Little Scotty. I'm so glad to know he/she will have a great home, plus he and his other tan siblings look a lot like Muffin. I would try to take one if I were closer! Looks like you've got a great bunny mom there, with that huge litter, not to mention great care of mom and babies by their slaves!

They all got names!! WooHOO. Hope a few can find adoptive homes with your help.
** How Lucky they are that you became a Foster Momma! **

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you are having a ball of a time with these cuties!

JadeIcing wrote:
Ok sooooo....some questions....

1. Will they be spayed and neutered through the humane society?
  2. What will the adoption fee be?
  3. Any females?

1. Typically the humane society spays/neuters all rabbits before adopting them out.. however, with the 2 litters they are responsible for placing, they may end up having adopters sign a contract instead. Reason being, they don't want to have to keep 16 rabbits for 6 months so that it can be done before they are adopted. It's not for sure yet, but I can find out.

2. Usually the adoption fee is $65 which includes the spay/neuter.. so I would imagine they'd keep the fee and you'd return to their vet to have the surgery done OR they may lower the fee. I was told that I can adopt out any rabbits privately without involving the humane society if I find homes before they return.. in this case, there would be no fee and you'd be responsible for the spay/neuter (which is what I'm doing with the one I'm keeping).

3. I'm sure there are females :). I can't tell for sure on any yet.. but I *think* Cabbage, the biggest tan one, and Weeble, the harlequin are females.. along with a few of the brokens. I could be totally wrong.. but I can see a very minor difference at this age. I should have a better idea when they get a little older.

Hmm I have some thinking to do.

Latest posts

Back