Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today its sunny and warm out. Not too warm. Just a nice temperature. I'm glad its not very hto. I hate hot days!

I went outside and I heard a weird noise, it kind of sounded like cicada. Maybe some of them have come out maybe not. But it wasn't that load.

The watermelons are doing pretty well. They are developing some new leaves. I'll take a new picture of the same two sprouts on Saturday. And each Saturday after that.

I downloaded a tutorial for a crochet stitch called the Crocodile stitch and this is what it looks like.
crocodile-stitch-purse-4.jpg

I want to use that stitch to make a crochet dragon. I think it'll look cool because it'll look like scales. Alright, off to watch the video now! :)

Brr, today it was raining the whole day, well pretty much the whole day. I don't know why its been raining so much lately. Its been raining for like everyday haha. I don't really mind because it means I don't have to go get the hose and water each watermelons sprout.

Speaking of watermelon sprouts or little plants they aren't really sprouts anymore, anyway there is one plant that has HUGE leaves. They are a lot bigger than the other watermelon plants. I'm thinking that that one might make some pretty big watermelon but I guess I'll see.

I wanted to say that for some reason our trampoline works really well when its wet. It was raining really hard today and after it cleared up I went out to jump a little (I know stupid thing to do when it just rained! :p) because I needed to release some of my energy from sitting cramped up inside all day. Anyway when I started jumping on it iI could feel myself going higher than usual. Something about it being wet makes you go up in the air higher,

It was raining all morning so I pretty much spent the day reading a book. I still haven't finished reading it yet, I'm a LOOONG way to that. It has like 600 pages and I'm only 300 pages in, lol.

I still haven't watched the crocodile stitch video yet. I just don't really feel like watching it right now. Its probably going to take a long time until I watch it. I'm just never in the mood.

But once I finally watch it I would like to remake my chinese dragon using the crocodile stitch. I think it would look really cool. It would use up a lot of yarn though.

I was also thinking of using that stitch to make the bird I'm going to make but I'm thinking it might look to much like scales not feathers. What do you guys think? Now that I look at the picture I think it would make good dragon scales and bird feathers. Especially if the bird I make is really big.

We are in the process of really cleaning the house like every crook and cranny sweeping under the couch cleaning every corner. Anyway, I've been keeping Ash in his pen for the last couple of days because when I'm cleaning I have to move things around like furniture and things like that and when I get Ash out he llikes to go under them and behind them and it gets really hard cleaning and watching a rabbit, lol.

Were almost finished though. I can tell Ash wants out but he has to be patient. He'll get out. Its not like he's going to stay in it forever. But when I walk by he periscopes and stares at me like I'm going to let him out, lol. It makes me want to let him out, its hard to resist, believe me its hard, lol.

Oops, I didn't mean to write such a long post.

I love that bag...I want one.

I hate it when it rains all day, no chance of that happening here. It´s the opposite, I was stuck inside all afternoon as it´s just too hot to sit out on my terrace mid afternoon as it´s scorching. I´m reading the new Dan Brown novel and it´s so good, I am so enjoying it. I sent a copy to my friend as it´s set in Florence and she´s gone on a cruise this week to france and Italy and she was in Florence yesterday.

Elise, I laughed imagining you jumping up and down in your garden after all that rain.

I know what you mean with Ash. I have to put mine away while I´m cleaning as they just get under your feet and I am scared of stepping on mine. they are just so nosey and want to see everything you´re doing.

Elise, if you do a phoenix something like the variegated yarn with the red/orange hues would work well, I think. Maybe something similar to this coloring to represent the beautiful red phoenix with the orangey hues of the flames: http://www.redheart.com/yarn/super-saver-economy/chili

Oh, & make a nest of flames to sit him in! That would be so cool! Now I want a phoenix! lol I can't wait to see your next creation! Have you decided on something yet?

Chris, that bag is cool. There are lots of crochet patterns for really pretty bags. I actually haven't ever crocheted a bag, only by accident when I was crocheting a mitten and it turned out way to big so instead I turned it into a bag. Anyway I'd love to get into bag making.

Yeah, it seems to rain a lot in the Spring here but when its finally Summer its usually pretty dry. It is raining more than usual though. Its annoying. I haven't ever read the Dan Brown book, what is it about? I hope your friend will like it.

They are really nosey when your cleaning. They have to inspect everything and make sure your doing everything right, lol.

Tauntz, thank you for that link! I think that would be perfect yarn to use if making a phoenix. It looks just like flames.

I'm pretty sure what I'm going to make. I'm a bit torn. I want to make an owl and a phoenix, lol. I guess I'll just make both. But I'm pretty sure I'll make a phoenix first because they are really pretty!

Oh yeah, that would be really cool if I made him a nest of flames to sit in. When I go to WalMart again I'll see if I can find that kind of yarn in the link you posted.

Now all I need to do is find a picture to use to make the phoenix. I looked up phoenix and there are so many pictures to choose from. Maybe you can help me find a picture that you like.

Now I can't wait to start the phoenix! :) I hope that WalMart will have that kind of yarn.

Phoenix links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Phoenix-Fabelwesen.jpg

This one is beautiful, it might give you some ideas:
http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/phoenix-282288129

Those were two I found quickly that I liked. Will check tomorrow to see if I find some better phoenix pix.

Yarn: I would get the yarn color number & lot number & see if Walmart or Michaels or Hobby Lobby has that or a similar color yarn that would work for you.

Oooooooh, I can't wait to see your phoenix & owl! Did you choose an owl species? I think a barn owl would be adorable but then I'm partial to them! lol

Stay cool you & Ash! Time for me to put bunnies, birds & myself to bed for the evening! Tomorrow we get a nice break from the 90+ temps & the horrid humidity after this storm front clears up sometime tonight. Have a bit of a headache hope it is just this unsettled hot weather.

Tauntz, thank you so much for those links! I think the first one is my favorite.

Yes, if you find any good ones tomorrow let me know. I'd love to see them. So far I'm really liking the one in the first link you posted.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can find that kind of yanr. I only have a Walmart near me so that'll have to do. I really hope they have that kind of yarn, I think it would work very nicely for a phoenix. It would be perfect for flames.

Nope, I haven't chosen one yet. But good idea about barn owls. I love their huge yes. I'm going to look up some kinds of owls now... Alright, I just looked up owls and I'm thinking of making a horned owl. They are so cool!

Well good night! I'm going to stay up a bit longer and read a book. I find it hard for me to go to bed sometimes. Even though I am a little tired. Gotta finish reading that book!!! lol. That's good that it'll be cooler for you huys tomorrow. I hate heat! I wish it would just be like 70 degrees inside and out. I'm sorry you have headache. I hate headaches. I hope it clears up soon.

Last edited:
Elise...I think a phoenix is a very good idea.

Maybe since you found a video for the crocodile stitch you could try searching for a bird or feather stitch. Or maybe you could alter the crocodile stitch so it is a little longer and might look even more like a feather. I don't know much about crocheting though so I don't know if that is possible.

Well if all 16 of your watermelon seedlings continue to grow and do well then you should have a lot of watermelon this year. I love when it rains since the plants grow so much better with rain then they do with watering from the hose. As long as it doesn't rain too much for the plants.

With the crocodile stitch there are so many things you could crochet, besides alligator or crocodiles, you could also crochet lizards and fish. There are so many interesting looking lizards and so very many pretty fish. You could also do snakes.

Ohhh a fish would be so fun! It could be like a pillow with scales! hhaha. I love fish.

I hope your watermelons plants grow lots of watermelon! Are you going to let one grow just the one really big one and let the other vines grow a few on each? Or are you going to let each vine only grow one melon?
I also love when it rains instead of having to water. Because you can over water with the hose but you can't over water with the rain. The rain just does so much better for the plants. My tomato plants are like 5 feet tall now and the squash plants are HUGE. haha. Thanks rain!

Ellie's been in her cage a lot lately too, since the dog and stuff. She's been going stir crazy too. But yes, rabbits are nosy!

Denise, hmm, I don't think there are any videos for a stitch like that because I looked it up already, but I think I know how I can make the crocodile stitch longer.

Yeah, I love it when it rains. Everytime it rains the next day everything looks like it really grew and got greener. Rain water is a lot better than water from the hose like you said. I hope I do get a lot of watermelons. I was reading that its best to let each plant only grow one watermelon so it uses all its nutrients and gives them to only one watermelon making it grow bigger so you have a big watermelon versus a bunch of small watermelons. What do you think? should I let each plant grow only one large watermelon or a bunch of smaller melons.

Yeah there are a lot of things I can make with the crocodile stitch. That's why I want to learn how to do it. You can make so many cool things with it. I think I'm going to start watching the video after this post. I can't wait until I can actually do it. I 'll try to design a few good patterns with it.

Last edited:
Morgan, I didn't see your post as I was writing back to denise. Anyway, yes, I could make a huge fish and I could sue it as a pillow. That would be nice. Thanks for the idea! I may even try that. I'm sure there are lots of fish patterns online.

I'm not really sure what I should do. I kind of want to let each plant grow only one watermelon. But I don't know. I'm looking for the way to grow most watermelon. I'm thinking letting each plant only grow one watermelon will produce large watermelons and if I let each plant grow more than one I might get smaller watermelons. I'm not sure, but I think I'll be only letting each plant grow one watermelon. I've also been thinking of letting most of the plants grow 1 watermelon and let maybe on or two grow as many as it wants and see which way is better. Whatever I do I'll let you guys know.

I hope Ellie starts getting more used to Woody. Poor thing. She must be really scared.

Today is Saturday and so its the day to take a picture of my watermelon sprouts but I lost my phone again! This is getting SO frustrating. I keep loosing it whenever I need it. I'm going to look around for it I already did but apparently not enough. Its not fun when you can't find something you really want.

Its nice and sunny out, for now. Usually when its sunny out in the morning it gets really hot later on, so I'll enjoy the nice temperature now before the temperature starts rising. Its also windy. Usually when I'm on RO I'm using my laptop that's sitting right in front of a window and I can see the trees and pine trees blowing around . It was really windy yesterday too. We have a bamboo stick that helps support our Che tree and the whole stick blew out of the ground. Even though there was wire holding it in place.

Speaking of temperatures, I wanted to tell you guys that its been 40 degrees out at night. And it was cold this morning I stayed under my covers reading a book for most of the morning. Its weird because its June now so we shouldn't be having 40 degree nights and cold mornings. The weather is weird here.

Since I can't take a picture of my watermelon plants I'll tell you about their progress, well they look pretty much the same as last week except they are developing leaves. There are three plants that already have their new leaves open though.

When you guys garden do you ever get really impatient for your plants to grow? I know I do. I look at my watermelon plants each day and I'm getting really impatient for them to grow some more and grow some more leaves. I hate waiting!

I let Ash out early this morning as he was getting antsy and I picked him up and set him on the couch and started petting him and I could see a lot of his hair coming off and floating away in the air. When I brush Ash should I take him outside on the porch when doing it so that his hair doesn't float all over the house? Like I said before I'm new to bunnies shedding.

I'm starting another crochet dragon, its not going to be a chinese dragon but a dragon with wings. So far I have one wing done it took me about 8 hours to complete. It was a lot of work to make but totally worth it because it looks like a real dragon wing. I would take a picture of it and share it with you all if I had my phone.

Well I guess that's about it. I'm going off the computer soon and look for that phone! But before I do I'm going to finish a Bud Spencer movie I'm watching called Double Trouble. I love watching those movies. They are so funny. Do any of you guys watch them?

Yes, I watch and post on here at the same time, lol. I like to type out my posts and look back at the movie. Its nice to be able to do both things at once.

Ugh, that was such a long post. I'll try to make my posts smaller next time.

What book are you reading?

I get really impatient for my plants to grow and do their thing too. I'm like GROW NOW! LOL Thankfully, I get to plant earlier than you guys so most of my stuff is already making lots of food! I haven't picked anything yet because its not ready, but the progress of the plants is amazing.
You'll see, they'll be sprouts right now, but then next week they'll be huge and then soon they'll have little watermelons growing on them!
I've been really lucky this year, we've had a really nice mix of rain and sun so the plants have done really well. Last year though, was awful. We had no rain and my plants didn't get enough sun so nothing produced produce!

Crap, I have a flock of free chickens! They're all out of the barn yard, dang beasts!

Morgan, I'm reading a book called Eldest its the second book in the series there are four books. They are fiction books about a rider and a dragon. The books are supposed to be for 12-15 year old's but I still like reading them. Another reason why I'm reading them is I am trying to write a fiction book myself. Yup, its going to be about mermaids. And reading other fiction books will give me a little head start on writing my own. Especially since this will be the first book I've ever written. I'm not sure if I will even ever finish it, or even publish it. But if I do I'll tell you guys. Even if I don't ever publish it I'll share the story with you all.

Yeah, I guess your right. I'm just so impatient for these things to grow! LOL. I wish there was some kind of thing I could pour on them to make them grow like crazy.

Ugh, I don't think I would be able to manage chickens, lol.

On another note, I found the iphone yesterday, I'm going to have to be extra careful with where I put it this time.

Just a quick update!

Its warm outside but only 70 degrees out which is nice because I hate all the 80 degree days. Its not really sunny out which helps cool things off too.

The watermelon plants look pretty much the same as last week but even so I'll take a picture of them to show you all. I'll also take a picture of my dragon wing I crocheted.

But first we are going to go to a Going Away party for our priest. We go to a catholic church and our priest is being moved to another county in 2 days from now so were having a Going Away party at 5:30 today. I'll tell you all how it goes when I get back.

I let Ash out today he hopped around and than did a DBF right next to me. It was so cute! The only thing is when he does DBFs he stays in that position for like a second and than jumps up, lol. He's one funny bunny.

Brr, I'm looking outside and I can see tree branches blowing. Maybe I'd better bring my jacket with me when I go.

I've never heard of that book series, but its not in my age bracket so thats probably way.
I hope you do write you book! I think that would be awesome! Let us know if you finish it because I would definitely like to read it.

It was nice today, weather wise. It was in the mid-70's I guess and it felt pretty good.

Morgan, yeah, its not in your age limit. It was written in 2001 by a 15 year old and 3 years later when he was 18 a movie was made from the book called Eragon.

If I ever do get my book finished I'll let you guys know. The thing is I just started it yesterday so it'll be a loong ways until its finished, lol. It'll probably take maybe 1-3 years. My uncle writes books and I may have a knack for it too. I hope so.

Last edited:
So we went to the party, I just got back like 15-20 minutes ago. It was nice and warm out so we ate and some of us headed off to the park to play volley ball. The park has a nice net for playing volley ball with so me and my brothers and some others headed off to play volley ball. It was fun until it started raining. And we all had to get under a little bench that had a roof. Soon the rain stopped so we got out to play volley ball again and it was raining a little but not too bad so we continued playing for a while and soon we stopped but by the time we stopped we were soaking wet, so we left soon but my hair and clothes were soaking and I was really cold because I didn't bring a jacket. So when I got home I grabbed my bath robe and I'm wearing it right ow as I type this. I feel cosy and dry now, lol. Now all I need is some hot chocolate and a pizza, lol. We just started a movie so maybe I'll make myself a hot chocolate than everything will be complete. Haha.

So here are some pictures I took today.
phpc5shezpm-7326.jpg

^ The dragon wing I crocheted.
phpzfi7hupm-7327.jpg

^ The other side of the wing I crocheted.
phpilifzqpm-7334.jpg

^ I just thought I'd share a picture of our trampoline. Its 15 x 15 feet.
watermelon-7290.jpg

^ Before
phpwomcxepm-7324.jpg

^ And after.
phpxtq55upm-7325.jpg

^ These are the plants that are most mature.
php53vydqpm-7329.jpg

Here's a picture of Ash I took today
phprfk3vupm-7328.jpg

^ And another picture I took today.

Wow! That was a lot of pictures, lol. I'd like to say that I'm still working on my dragon, I haven't started the next wing yet but I probably will tomorrow. And next time I go to Walmart I'll look for some good yarn for the phoenix.

I've never seen Eragon, I wonder if its on netflix? hmm...I'll have to look.
It seems like a good series to read though.

Ash is so pretty, he just has the best color! I also love your trampoline. I want one, but I think they're a little dangerous, so we would dig out into the ground and make a sunken trampoline. That way you can just walk on it and if you bounced off you wouldn't fall 3 feet to the ground, you would already be at ground level! I think its more safe for kids that way.
Your watermelon sprouts are looking good! I can't wait for you to have lots of watermelons.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back