Ash's adventures!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I haven't updated lately, I was busy with Easter :).

Well first of all, happy Easter to you all!

Second of all, I took my friends kid to an easter egg hunt. He loved it and so did I, we had a great time.

And here is a picture of Ash:
phptp3zhjpm-6913.jpg

I'm going to stay on for a while longer, and then log out to crochet a huge bunny.

He is just so cute, makes me want to stroke him..

And what is amigurumi ???

Wow, learn loads on this site, what a great word. I just love the sound of it.

Yes I am, I just love that word, it sounds japanese.

I have a harness but have never taken them out, I´m scared of them catching anything as there are dogs and cats and all sorts who use the gardens :nerves1

Michelle: Yes, he really enjoys the outdoors. I think its great that he is able to actually see the outdoors. And now that warmer weather is coming I'll be able to walk him more often. Its going to be in the 60's this week, yay! Finally warm weather :D. I've been meaning to tell you all this, I guess I just forgot. Anyway, when I take Ash outdoors its so cute he likes to dig at the ground for a few seconds and than sit in the place where he dug (You couldn't really call it a hole he dug, it was very shallow) and it is always sooo cute to watch. I should get a video of it for you all to see.

Chris: Yes, I learn so many new things on this site too. Its really great! And your actually right the word amigurumi is japanese. I agree with you, if your bunnies can catch sicknesses and other bad things from other animals I think it would be best to keep them inside. I would definitely not take Ash out if I knew he could get sick. Keeping your boys out of danger just goes to prove your an awesome bunny mom :D.

Last edited:
I just love his little light coloured belly, he´s such a cutie.

Yes, it does worry me that they might catch something so haven´t ventured out with them yet. Thanks for the compliment, it is a garden shared by everyone so if other animals have been there, it worries me what they might pass on. I would love to see them outside on the grass enjoying themselves.

Yes, if other animals have been there it wouldn't be too good to have your bunnies there. Another reason I don't take Ash to parks is I think they spray and fertilize the grass and it would be harmful to Ash if he ate the grass.

I'm thinking of building him an outdoor pen under some big trees for shade in the summer. I would put him in the pen during the day when I could watch him and make sure no animals would come and try to eat him. I could also garden while watching him.

I can't wait until the summer. I've always loved gardening growing fruits and veggies. Right now I'm really in to growing watermelons. I'm going to grow a variety called Carolina Cross. Its the biggest variety of watermelon it can get up to 200 pounds! The world record for the biggest watermelon was 291 pounds. You can read about it here: http://www.zimbio.com/Guinness+Worl...n/World+biggest+watermelon+Largest+watermelon people who grow it usually get 60-70 pound watermelons. I'm going to plant them in May and hope to get an 100 pound watermelon at least :p.

I'm also going to grow lots of cilantro for Ash. Its one of his favorite veggies. He also really likes celery so I'll probably grow that for him too. When planting time comes around I'll probably be posting a lot of pictures of the plants and the fruit they produce.

I'll be growing corn and sunflowers and other plants. We are going to fence in a space for the garden so the deer can't get in. I want to plant so many plants I hope they all fit!

I have a lot to look forward to this summer. There is a river a couple miles away and there is a deep spot I love to go swimming there, I can't wait until summer gets here so I can do all the things I couldn't do in winter.

Sorry about the long post. I didn't mean it to get this long, lol. :p

Last edited:
I grow a garden every year and each year we put up a fence. We bought a green plastic fencing for this use and attach it to 1 inch tent poles we bury in the ground by hitting with a big hammer. After the garden is done for the year we take the fence down and roll the pieces up for next year. I thought I would share as the fencing has lasted us several years now, it's not too expensive, because it's green from a distance it almost blends in so it doesn't look ugly although it does take a little extra work putting up and taking it down.

hmmm... I believe if you have any sort of hardware store near by with a garden centre, I'm going to assume either like a Home Depot or Lowes or something, they would have that fencing!

Luke is really into gardening and really knows his stuff, apparently his mom taught him a lot about it.... geeze sometimes I feel like I should be the one wearing the pants in this relationship :p

I totally wish we had a house with a big yard we could garden and landscape! I feel like it's too much of a mess for me to bring soil up since I wouldn't want to store it anywhere.. I'm so lazy when it comes to stuff like that and then who remembers to water those things!! :p

Yes, Lowes and the Home Depot are great places to find fencing. But we already have some fencing we bought a while back so we will probably use that.

Yes its nice to have a big yard. And when you garden in a big yard instead of a pot in the house it helps you remember to water the plants. I mean with a tiny plant in a pot you just don't think about it often, but when you have a big garden outside you do think about it more and you remember to water the plant especially when you go outside and you see the garden and remember to water them. I still like gardening in pots. I read once that someone was growing a grape vine that produced grapes and they were growing it on a porch in a pot.

Ah well enough of my blabbering ;)

Today I went and sat down with Ash to play with him. And he ran in to his cardboard house and then ran out and started grooming me than he did a binky and ran in to his house and ran out and started grooming me. He seemed so excited.

I wonder if this a sign that he likes it when I play with him.

Sounds like he´s enjoying having you to play with, he sounds so cute.

Love the bunny tongue..cutie.

Latest posts

Back