APOLLO passed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I respectfully disagree SweetPeasMommie!
It is perfectly natural to be mad at God! It is part of the normal,give and take relationship He yearns to have with each of His children!
Lord, I'm mad at him most of the time! :X
It doesn't mean we 'blame' God - though initially in grief our angertoward Him will be that of blame. We say to Him 'how could YOU dothis?' And we're mad. It's a fact.
But eventually as grief subsides, we come to know that death is a natural part of life.
But - it's still hard to bear, and we get mad.
God has very broad shoulders, and can see in our heart of hearts. He'snot like people who hold grudges. He won't say at our final judgement"you got mad at me on Oct 17, 2005 and I never forgot it."
He will say, "Come in and see - now do you see, looking from THIS side,why that happened on Oct 17, 2005?" And all will be crystal clear forus! Every hurt, every pain - all will have a part in what we havebecome - and what He had planned for us from all eternity.
Don't know 'bout you, but I'm going to have ALOT of questions and I can't wait to see the answers!
But I'm still going to get mad at Him while I'm on THIS side...
I'm a bit peeved at Him right now in fact - and He knows it!

Tina, just wanted you to know thatyouand your family are still in my thoughts.:rose:I think it will be great for you to make a book

for Apollo. I think that would be a very healing and lovingthing for you to do. He hadsuch a special personality that came out in the pictures ofhim. I feel like I knew him from your stories andpictures. It just hurts my heart that he is no longer withyour family. One thing for sure he knew that he wasloved and cared for. Hang in there Tina. One day at atime. Hugs to your family. LoveBeckie

sfritzp: that was wonderfully worded, I completely agree.

Tina, I've been thinking about you all day. You and your family are in my prayers.

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

[align=center] [align=center]We who choose to surround ourselves with lives
even more temporary than our own, live within a fragile circle,
easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps
we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan.

[/align] [align=right]- Irving Townsend[/align]
[/align]

m.e. wrote:
sfritzp: that waswonderfully worded, I completelyagree.
Ditto.

Tina: I have been angry at God many, many times. It is anormal part of grief. If you were to ask any psychologist,you would be told that anger and blaming are all part of it.You have every right to be angry. I'm angry.

But Sweetie, please don't think you let him down. You dideverything you could have for our wonderful boy. Please tellJeremy the same and give him a big hug from me.

Lots of Love.

Jen and The Critter Crew

dajeti2wrote:
I keep replayingeverything in my mind wondering if I missed something. Jeremy and Iboth can't help but feel that we let him down.
Tina, we all know how much you did to help Apollo. I reallythink that there was nothing more that could have been done.Really, you did EVERYTHING! And I think Apollo understandshow much you tried and how worried you were about him.Sometimes you can't heal everything, and unfortunately this was one ofthose times. And please tell Jeremy that too.Neither of you are at fault here, not anywhere near.

Buck got such a kick out of Apollo and hisantics and always enjoyed your stories, Tina, about yourboy.Buck was so curious about Flemish giants andthought one day we would have one as a house bunny. Buck justloved Carolyn's girl, Cali. The first time he held her he wasin 7th heaven! What we have arememories of Apolloto cherish. And when Apollo crossed over the Rainbow Bridgehe probably knocked Buck over trying to jump into his arms!Hang in there. We are all here for you.

Hi Tina, I haven't been a member here very long,but I just wanted to say how sorry I am about Apollo. Iactually didn't know anything about him until today I read the wholeApollo's acres thread. He was an absolutely beautifulbunny. I know what you're going through as Iveryrecentlylost a bunny to the same thing. I felt soguilty, like I should have done more for him & I just couldn'tbelieve he was gone. I actually couldn't bring myself to buryhim - I just kept wishing he would come back to life or that maybe itdidn't really happen (not rational thoughts for an otherwise sane 27year old woman, I realize). In time though, you come torealize you gave him the best life you possibly could have and filledwhat time hedid havewith you with joy. Iactually just got a new bunny - I know he'll never replace my Benny,but I missed I missed having a bunny around. Just rememberthat time does heal - my thoughts are with you and your family.

Take Care,

Andrea

Tina,
I am very sorry about Apollo. I'm sure he had a great life, and right now I bet he will be doing binkies next to Buck.

:bigtears::rose:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Much love,
Anneliese and Snowy Joey

Thank you everyone. Your support and prayers mean so much to me, Dale and Jeremy.

I spent the whole morning in tears. Looking over at Apollo'scage and him not there was killing me. So I emptied his cage and movedit outside for now. I'm keeping his feeder and water bottle. I can'tbear to throw them away and can't bear the thought of any of te bunnsusing them either. It's all so confusing.

All the rabbits have been looking for Apollo. It's so heartbreaking to watch them look for him and then look at me , like wheredid he go.

Jeremy had a rough time of it yesterday. He had to go to schooland tell everyone what happened. He came home and just lost it. My poorguy just broke down and sobbed. I held him and rocked him and criedwith him.

Thank you again for everything.

Tina

:bigtears:Its natural for you not to want tothrow away his things. I still have every last item that my 1st rabbitowned, Stored away and wont let no one touch it. Its likekeeping a piece of him with you. MY prayers are with you tina, i canteven imagine all the pain and heart break you and your family areinduring.

Hugs from me and my bunny family.

Tina, keep whatever you can of Apollo's, atleast for the time being. Anything that can give you comfort is ablessing. Poor Jeremy, it must have been so awful for him at school,especially as most won't realise just how close he and Apollo were .

The more I think of Apollo, the more I realise just how special he was.He had such an awesome personality - I think of all the times strangerscame over to pet him, and he just loved it! He was such a gentle giant.

Thinking of you all, and sending hugs.

Jan

Tina, I've had a hard time with Katannah's loss,and still to this day haven't been able to put his cage, and belongingsaway... It just takes time sweetie.

Please tell Jeremy, that i've been thinking of him. Let him know, Ilove him VERY much, and if either of you guys want to talk, just gimmea call....

Last night after reading about this aweful tragety, I sat with Peter,and told him all about 'wollo, his stroller, and all his adventuresTina has shared with me...

Tina, Dale, and Jeremy, please know we are thinking, and praying for you guys.

all our love,

Lyndsy, Peter, Daytona, Buster, Tucker, Emma, and baby

Aw Poor Jer. Tina it is understanding to dothose things. I only kept my dogs collar and leach. I allowed Samanthato use his leach cause them 2 were best of friends. Tina it will taketime and take your time. do not rush into getting rid of stuff causeyou will hurt more. It is best to keep something very special thatbelonged to him. Tina you might want to try this. I picked out 2 of myfavorite pics of my dog and put it in the pillow cases. I have sleptwith that pics in 2 years and it really makes me feel like I am closewith him. Jer might like that eventually. I did that the first nightthat i lost my dog Isaac.

Tina my dog Samantha still looks for Isaac everyday and cries to the door thinking that he is coming home.

I am praying for you, Dale, and Jer along with the other critters too.

It took me awhile before I felt comfortable giving Lenci's toys to Iszy. Take your time, sweety.

Tina, it will allcome withtime. When Daisy passed, I just left her cage sitting thereexactly as it had been, poops and all, for days. I finallycleaned it, but it sat empty until Lena. Winning her was sucha shock, I didn't have anything for her, so she got Daisy's cage andher food dish and hay ball. Her water bottle still sits emptybecause it has her name on it and I just can't give it to anyone else.

Give Jeremy a hug for me. His feelings are totallynormal. I remember being about his age when we lost one ofour dogs and I was just destroyed. It's just too hard.

Lots of Love,

Jen and the Critter Crew

i have enjoyed seeing the pics of apollo alsoand how youd take him around with you....im really sorry to hear aboutyour loss my thoughts and prayers are with you also!

Tina, I am so very sorry to hear this.Brittany told all of us on petshub and I joined this forum to reply tothis and send you my condolences. I read through all the posts andcried with you. My heart is broken for you and your family. Give yourlitlle man Jeremy lots of hugs. I know this is hard on both of you andDale as well. (((HUGS)) My thoughts and prayers will be with you.:bigtears:

:angelandbunny:Hugs to Tina,Dale and Jeremy.

Tina, just wanted to let you know how sorry I amthat about Apollo. He was a great bunny. I just got to know about thison petshub .

Latest posts

Back