Angel's tumour, as things progress Z

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks MBH< Naturestee and Ang!

Ok, here is a pic of the wound. Yuck, just wantthis and to make sure of the looks of it now and say 3 days from now.

WARNING!!!!!! GRAPHIC-BELOW...

DSCN0333.jpg

It looks more gross to me in the pic, even just on the camera,sooo. It doesn't look this bad on her. Isn't thatweird? I know alot of you have seen this kinda thing alot, Ihave not. Ulllgh.

Just an update. The area looks reallygood and seems to be healing very well. I'm soexcited. Thanks goodness it wasn't hard to heal forher. She is doing well in not messing w/ it. Shejust licks it occasionally.:?

Well, it's been a week now. Herincision looks great and she seems to be leaving it alonestill. Healing nicely. I was holding her tonightjust a bit ago, she is rarin to go! But, the vet said noexcercise for 10 days. Does that sound right? She was tryingto either jump down and since that wasn't working, she was trying tojump up on the back of the computer chair. Sillygirl. She wasn't happy when I put her back in hercage. Poor baby.:( But, I can't let her run aroundyet. I know she's dying to. 3 more dayssweetheart!

I would've got a pic while I was holding her, but she was just notsitting still, she got up on my chest all stretched out, then I knewshe was trying to get to the back of the chair:shock:.

Glad to hear she's recovering well. How long till you get the results of the lab work? You must be so nervous.:pray:

Haley, thanks. Ya know? It'sweird, it's like I know the results will be neg! She goes inTues. for parital suture removal. The biopsy should be backnext week as well!

Results are in! Not terrible news, butit was "mammory adenocarcenoma", low grade since they said the vet gotit all. Prognosis-favorable and margins are good.

The vet told me to check her whenever I hold her to make sure moredon't pop up. She wants to check her once a year.She said that the probability of it mastisizing is low since we got itat an early stage.

So, for right now, I am so happy and relieved. I also askedif her life expectancy can still be good and she said "Ohyeah". So, that's the news!

Thanks for all of your support! It is really appreciated.:wink

Edited to add: Looking back, God must've been with me onthis, because what are the odds that I just happened to feel that lumpthat night...Thank You God.:pink iris:

:party0002::bunnydance::happydance:party0002::bunnydance::happydance:party0002::bunnydance::happydance

Only catching up on this now!! I am so happy everything is ok!! (Had you guessed lol)

WHEW! What a great catch....and Ithink you're absolutely right...AMEN! Take care, and knowthat our prayers are gonna keep comin' that she stay ok.....Have agreat weekend with her....how do you keep from hugging her every timeyou see her????

Thanks alot guys!

Pumpkinandwhiskersmom, I don't really, I am almost always talking toher, petting her or holding her. She's such a snuggle girlanyway! She's my baby girl and she knows it.:D Ilove her to pieces.:inlove:

Well, I just scared the crap out of her cuz shescared the crap out of me! She was pulling at the darnstitches, I could hear across the room. It scared me that shewas doing that and that hard. I got up and walked over saying"Angel-No!" kinda loud:shock:. Oops. I reallydidn't mean to scare her. It was my gut reaction cuz itscared me to hear and see her do that. She hasn't been doingthat, at least when I'm home. I had to get on her earliertoday for it, but she was only licking it. I bet it'sstarting to itch since it's healing. I hope she doesn't keepthat up. If I had to get her an e-collar, she would NOT behappy, she's a meticulous cleaner.:shock:

Just needed to vent...:kiss:

Edit to add: I gave her some parsley to get her mind off of it.:D

Just thought I add an update! :colors:

Angel had her suture removed today, yes, as I noticed, she did take theother one out on her own, but luckily it after like 5 days.They said that the one she took out, the area looked good, so no issuesthere. They took the other one out and she's good togo. She got tocome out for excercise tonight, wehad some binkies, so I think for now we're all good! I am sohappy for her. She really did good.b

If any of the mods want to mark this "Resolved" that's fine w/me. But since I have to watch for more to show up, I'mwondering if you'll leave it unresolved for that reason? Letme know what you'd like to do.

I am so proud of my girl! I can't stop thanking the AlmightyLord for allowing me to catch this when I did, and allowing her to beok and healthy. Thank You again Jesus and God!:bouquet:

Thank you Crystal!

I just can't believe I caught it, took it from there and now she'sfine. It just goes to show you I guess. Thingscan work out.:? I just feel blessed.:D

Oh you're very welcome. I'm so happyfor the both of you. I know how you feel. Thathappened with my and my doggy. Everything worked outgreat. Until she got really old and we had to put her downlast year. But had nothing to do with her tumour Ifound.

Latest posts

Back