Angel's tumour, as things progress Z

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelnSnuffy

Reaction score
It's low, like on her lower left side above her thigh. It's small and loose feeling. Is it a cyst forming? :shock: Maybe a mm in size?Small. But a formation of some sort.

My original post was gonna be, I was trying to check Snuffles for the scent glands and there is too much hair for me to really see and I had 2 lamps on high. Should I try to gently shave the area first so I can do it myself or just let my vet check it out?

Hey,

I just moved this thread into the infirmary for you, as you'll get more answers here.

It could be a cyst or a tumour.

Your best bet is to get to a vet and have them run sometests. If it is cancerous or an abcess, then it will need tobe treated. If it is benign, I don't think anything will needto be done.

--Dawn

Well, small and loose is good, if it's an abscess, they're way easier to deal with when they're like that. And it sounds like whatever it is, you've noticed it very early.

Here's hoping it's nothing at all. :pray:

So sorry, I know how nerve wracking these things can be. :hug1

Please let us know how it goes.

sas:expressionless

I hope it's nothing serious!

Do you think that it could just be one of her teats?

Let us know how things go at the vet

cheryl

I can understand how you are feeling. I just went through it with Wildfire.

SAS found a lump in her dewlap while she was bunnysitting for me. I was terrified it was cancer or something bad, but the tests came back clear. The vet still wants to see her once she's lost weight, but suspects it may shrink with weight loss.

Also, my first bunny lived to be 13 and had several funny lumps. I never had them tested, they showed up when he was about 9 so we figured we'd just let what ever it was run it's course and I was only about 12 at the time. But they never seemed to affect him, and he ended up with 1 really large one, about the size of a round almond.

But trust me, seeing a vet and finding out what it is and what action you can take (if you need to take action), makes you feel so relieved! I hope you can get an appointment soon, so you don't have to wait.

--Dawn

Yes, nipples can get infected. If as mall irritant gets up the nipple, or more often during a false pregnancy or nursing when milk blocks the duct up.

Can you take a look at the lump and see if it looks like a lumpy nipple? You should be able to find some other nipples toc ompare it to.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you and Angel.

--Dawn

We've got an appt for next Tues at 9am. I really didn't want to have to miss more work, even though they don't care. I am going to be missing a little here and there cuz of the chiro. I just figured if I keep an eye on it and the size doesn't change and all, we should be good til then.

Thanks again guys! I really appreciate it. :)

That sounds like a good plan!

I think that Tuesday should be okay, just keep an eye on it like you said. Who knows, it could have been there for months already.

I probably wouldn't have found Wildfire's lump if SAS hadn't of pointed it out to me.

--Dawn

I'll be keeping Angel in my thoughts:clover:.But whatever it is, you certainly caught it early. She's lucky to have someone like you watching out for her!

Matt

Is it small and round like a marble but not so hard? Could be an abscess, as others mentioned. If its loose and an abscess, it should be fairly simple to remove. Basil had one like that on his cheek.

As others said, it could be a nipple, or lots of other things. Its good you caught it early though. I hope its nothing.

I'll be keeping you guys in my prayers.

-Haley

PS. On the scent glands, do they smell? If not, I wouldnt bother. If they do, you could trim the hair a bit if Snuffles will let you, or just use a warm cloth and kinda wipe that general area ;)

OMG, thanks Bunnydude and Haley!

Well, it's small, but like a pressured water bubbleon her left side as I think opposed to the right that I think I said previously in a panic :shock:.

So, yes, it's like kinda gushy, but a def formation, does thatmake sense?

It's small and moves as I move it :shock::shock:.

Ok, went to the vet this morning. The doc took some fluid from the lump. She thinks its a tumor of some sort. She wants it removed of course. Won't really be able to tell anything until she gets in there.She's a little suspicious because ofAngel's age.She wants to know when she was spayed, I'll have to email HRS and see if I can find out.

Everything else looked good, and she was a very good girl the whole time. Her heart sounded really good, her teeth look good, tummy's good and ears.

So, it'll cost between $409-$531 for the surgery, pre-op bloodwork, meds, anesthesia, biopsy, etc. We will have this done sometime after we get back from vacation to AZ. So, I will just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't get any bigger. It's just under the skin and they will suture it under the skin also so hopefully she'll leave it alone after surgery.

Please keep her in your prayers, hopefully it's benign. :pray: I feel pretty optimistic, but ya never know. :)

What do you guys think? Does this sound like a good plan, and does what the vet says make complete sense to those of you who've been there so to speak? I mean, how common is cancer, not of the uterine kind, in rabbits? Which is why she wants to know when she was spayed, process of elimination. I did email my gal at HRS today from work, so hopefully I hear back on that soon.

Poor Angel! Well, if she got "fluid" out than that does rule out an abscess. Sounds like whatever it is should be removed as she advised..

I'll be keeping Angel in my thoughts and prayers. When is your vacation? Is that the vet who is boarding them for you?

Oh no! I hope everything works out. Thank goodness you noticed it!

I have heard of a fair number of rabbits with cancer that didn't relate to the uterus at all. I know Angieluv's Jaques had cancer. Hopefully it's not malignant/spreading. I haven't made a Health References thread yet, but here's a link with lots of info:
http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rabrefs.html#cancer

:pray:

Latest posts

Back