Angel's tumour, as things progress Z

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAS,

The vet called me yesterday while I was at work, so I noticed they had called when I got home, they were calling to check on Ang, isn't that nice? Well, I called them back today. She does not think it's an abcess, definitely a tumor of some sort and will have to be removed and sent off for biopsy.

No, she doesn't want me to wait too long b/c they are harder to remove the bigger they get. So, when we get back from AZ I will schedule the surgery. The other vet will be keeping an eye on it for me. :)

Ok guys,

I picked them up today and doing well. This vet just said to either a) she needs her tumour/cystremoved.Or b) keep an eye on it. (Getting it removed-for sure.) :pray:

Itdidn't really getany bigger. So that's good. I'll keep you all posted on when we do it. We will need prayers for sure.

I'll post some pics in my blog for AZ pics and bun pics too.

But, We're back safely. It all went good.

Notes soon! :elephant::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Crys and the gang! :energizerbunny:Just back from Phoenix!!!(Boy, that word looks weird!)

I just read this post. My Jacques had cancer..it was several lumps on his abdomen but they were mishapen and they were attached. This sounds more optimistic. Did they take an needle aspiration and look at it undera slide? its a way to tell what kind of cells are present right away... in addition to sending it out. anyway we hope:pray: for the best

Thanks Angie! All she did was takesome fluid, which was clearsih. She looked at it under ascope guess, but says it's a tumour of some sort. When theyremove it it will go off for biopsy. She was at our other vetwhile we were gone and she said cyst or tumour so, not exactlyclear.

The vet office called us while we were on vac. to remind us to get herin for it, that was nice of them. I scared to set the apptthough. :shock:

Making the appt on Monday. The lump ischanging shape :shock::shock::shock:. Does this necessarilymean it's cancer? Or, do most tumours/cysts change shape, toan odd shape I should say, not as formed like a circle is.Does that make sense?

I hope it's nothing.:sad:

I don't think we should really speculate at thispoint. Abscesses can also be of abnormal shape depending onthe tissue that they are spreading into. She may also have a benign tumor. We'll just have to wait and see what the vetsays.

Pam

I feel sick. I just made Angel's apptfor her surgery. This Thursday morning. They willcall me as soon as it's over. I'm just worried about theanesthia because she is like 6.5 years old.

Prayers for my sweet girl. :pray:

Thank You to those of you who already have her in your prayers!:)

:pray::pray::pray:

Crystal we are all here for you:hug2:, feel free to PM me if you everneed a chat, I know how worrying it is when a bunny goes in for an op,hopefully all will go well:)

Im just catching up. Poor Angel.

My Basil had a cheek abscess removed this past summer. He's 6 so I was worried about the anesthesia, but he did fine.

I really hope its something benign that can be removed easily. I'll bekeeping her in my thoughts and prayers. Heres hoping for a quickoperation and speedy recovery.

I'm just getting scared you guys. I'vebeen pretty optimistic so far. I love her and I hope shedoesn't hate me after this. It should go well.? :pray:

It'll be ok, Ang, I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

They do a blood panel to see if the organs ofthe body are functioning normally so that it is safe to do surgery. Theblood planel would tell the vet about kidney, liver function and alsowhether the blood cells for fighting infection are normal. It isconsidered normal and routine to do a blood panel. Good luck :hug::pray:

Latest posts

Back