And then there were Four

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time since I had Munchkin, I havea use for the clip on food bowl that had been sitting in my pet supplycanister. Sunset is now the proud owner of a food bowl that cannot bespilled...hehe.

Wallace

A slight revision to my spay/neuter timetablehad to be made due to a slight plumbing problem that appeared lastnight. As a result, Sunrise's neuter had to be pushed back to the endof March so he'll go down to the Vet at the same time as Smokey for herspay. Ain't life grand?

Speedy and Smokey have been pretty quiet today. I think it may have todo with Sunrise and Sunset's arrival and my attention being diverted togetting them properly settled in. Compared to Speedy and Smokey,Sunrise and Sunset haven't had it too good up to now and I'm trying toget them up to speed on what it means to be a spoiled houserabbit...hehe.

Sunrise has been pretty laid back. He's been basically eating,drinking, pooping and peeing in his cage between loudly flopping downand playing with his toys. He's a good little boy and I know that Ishould give him more attention but Sunset has taken up the most of mytime.

Sunset....ahh, my big beautiful girl. So eager to be petted and wantingso much love and attention, not to mention a decent sized home to liearound in. Two days ago, the poor thing was in a ferret cage withSunrise. Now she's in a medium sized dog crate with lots of toys, food,hay and water. Speaking of water, man can that girl drink! She mustdrink 3/4 of a 32 oz bottle in about a day because it seems likeeverytime I turn around I'm filling it up again. She's taken to herlitter box like she was born to it and eats eats eats. It's true thatwhoever said that big bunnies make big poops. I'm here to tell you thatthems some massive puffs coming out of that critter. Anyway, I had toreplace a pet bed in her cage with a towel topped with a large grassmat because the curved sides were like pooper off ramps and that shewas emptying her little bladder on it every chance she got. She'sgetting used to me holding her, which is good because when she squirms,she can really set up a motion. She loves being petted and scratched onthe head and nose. I've even heard her purr a few times.

Anyway, enough gushing about my mega-rabbit. :D

Wallace

Well, another Sunday around here and the bunnieskept me hopping (heh) for the better part of the morning with feedingand watering. Nobody had hay this morning! I couldn't believe it sothere I was going from cage to cage filling up their racks with freshhay and dishing out their pellets. After all that, everyone settleddown to their breakfasts. Speedy and Smokey were a breeze to take careof compared to Sunrise and Sunset. I better get used to filling waterbottles more than every two days. Sunset can take down 3/4 of a 32 ozbottle in about a day while Sunrise can drink half of a 16 oz bottle inabout the same time.

Sunset was so cute nudging me for pets while I was trying to feed her.I didn't even have the bowl in place before her head was in it andmunching away. She didn't even worry about me adjusting her bowl, shejust kept on eating. After she ate, she played with her toys for awhile and then laid down on her mat and started napping.

I took Sunrise out for a little cuddle today and when I wasn't pettinghis head (he really likes that) he kept trying to climb out onto myshoulders for a look around. I got my first purr out of him today whilepetting his head. He's such a good boy.

Speedy and Smokey were pretty quiet today, more so since I movedSunrise and Sunset a few more inches away from their cages. They'vebeen mostly napping today.

Well, not much more to say except that I'm working on getting a new camera and hope to have pictures again here very soon.

Wallace

By popular request, here are the first pics of my new bunnies:

First Sunrise. One picture was taken using flash and one without. Iwasn't sure how well he would photograph given the light conditions inmy living room:

Sunrise1.jpg

Sunrise2.jpg

And now, my mega-bunny, Sunset. I took a number of shots in hopes thatsomeone might be able to shed some light on her breed. It's hard for meto tell because she has aspects of different breeds:

Sunset1.jpg

Sunset2.jpg

Sunset3.jpg

Sunset4.jpg

Sunset5.jpg

Sunset6.jpg

Sunset7.jpg

Very cute! Thank you for posting them.

Very Funny, they are adorable. Look at that face on Sunset. I WANT I WANT I WANT.

Pennsylvania isn't too far from me (I think, I did drive thruPittsburgh once going down to Myrtle Beach got lost of course) so I cancome and Bunny Nap when you are working.

Now we need pictures of your other Two, they will feel left out.

Susan :bunnydance:

Heh. She is right.

SOOOSKA wrote:
Very Funny, they are adorable. Look at that faceon Sunset. I WANT I WANT I WANT.

Pennsylvania isn't too far from me (I think, I did drive thruPittsburgh once going down to Myrtle Beach got lost of course) so I cancome and Bunny Nap when you are working.

Now we need pictures of your other Two, they will feel left out.

Susan :bunnydance:
Your wish is my command, Lady Soos. Soon, soon, soon. :)

Wallace

They are adorable, Wallace! Bless you for taking them in.

Sunrise looks like a dwarf breed to me, and Sunset has lop ears? I dont know too much about breeds, but they sure are gorgeous!

Haley wrote:
They are adorable, Wallace! Bless you for taking them in.

Sunrise looks like a dwarf breed to me, and Sunset has lop ears? I dont know too much about breeds, but they sure are gorgeous!

They were headed for an uncertain future at a local auction and I couldn't let that happen. Thanks, I love em bunches. :)

Sunset appears to have helicopter ears though I have seen her have themboth up at brief times. I'm calling her a Flemish-Lop mix until I canbe more positive. She's developing a penchant for thumping when shewants attention....hehe.

Wallace

Cuties!

I agree, Sunrise looks like a dwarf bun. It's harder to tellwith Sunset, a weight would help. She doesn't look *that* bigto me, maybe a mini lop mix? My 10 lb New Zealand boy wouldbarely be able to move in a 30 inch dog crate, but she looks prettycomfy. You're just used to all those tiny little beasts.;)

naturestee wrote:
Cuties!

I agree, Sunrise looks like a dwarf bun. It's harder to tellwith Sunset, a weight would help. She doesn't look *that* bigto me, maybe a mini lop mix? My 10 lb New Zealand boy wouldbarely be able to move in a 30 inch dog crate, but she looks prettycomfy. You're just used to all those tiny little beasts.;)
You're right about that. She's the biggest bun I've ever had and I love it.

Wallace

Some brand new shots of my babies, Speedy and Smokey:

Speedy:

Speedy02112007-1.jpg

Speedy02112007-2.jpg

Speedy02112007-3.jpg

And now Smokey. I'm not sure how well you can see her though:

Smokey:

Smokey02112007-1.jpg

Smokey02112007-2.jpg

Smokey02112007-3.jpg

Enjoy!

Wallace

P.S. Hey Soos! Soon enough for you? LOL

Nope to long. :no:

JadeIcing wrote:

I guess it would be if one was watching the thread like a hawk...lol

It occurred to me that since Sunset is going in for her spay tomorrowmorning that I might need to keep her eating a little more tonight so Iwent in and gave her an extra 1/3 cup of pellets after packing up abaggie of pellets to take down with her.

Wallace

Blyre wrote:
JadeIcing wrote:

I guess it would be if one was watching the thread like a hawk...lol

:shock2:I would never do that. :tongue

Latest posts

Back