And then there were Four

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Whooaaa! I just watched the last one!Awesome! Need more for sure:D. You sound just likeme talking to my buns-haha.

It's commendible(sp) that you have horrible back trouble and still find ways to connect to your babies.:hug:

Heh, I don't have back trouble. It's just hard to keep the camera on them when they are running at full tilt :)

Today, I called the Vet and got a few days' worth of metacam doses togive Smokey. The poor girl looks like she's rather sore. I just gaveher her first dose a few minutes ago and now she's lying down.

Wallace

Blyre wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Whooaaa! I just watched the last one!Awesome! Need more for sure:D. You sound just likeme talking to my buns-haha.

It's commendible(sp) that you have horrible back trouble and still find ways to connect to your babies.:hug:

Heh, I don't have back trouble. It's just hard to keep the camera on them when they are running at full tilt :)

Wallace
Oops, when we were on the hrs chat quite awhile back, I thoughtit was you, maybe I'm just getting you confused with someone else thatwas on-don't remember. Sorry.

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Blyre wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:

Wallace
Oops, when we were on the hrs chat quite awhile back, I thoughtit was you, maybe I'm just getting you confused with someone else thatwas on-don't remember. Sorry.

Pshaw! Don't give it another thought...hehe :)

Wallace

Thank Goodness we finally have poops. I tookSmokey out for a cuddle and a little play time and she left littlebunny landmines all over the place. I never thought I'd be happy to seepoop on the carpet again...hehe.

The spay has definitely made a difference in her demeanor. She's calmerand much much less nervous than she was before. She's even starting togive kisses again, which she stopped doing for a while. :)

Wallace

Tonight, I think Smokey is starting to feelbetter because she's been a little grumpy. We're still relatively earlyin the recovery process so she might just be needing to have space andbe left alone. But she's eating, drinking, and pooping so it's all good.

Wallace

Sorry it's beenso long since I updatedthis thing but it's been really busy with my job lately and I've beenpreoccupied with a game called Eve Online that I haven't had much timeto come over here.

The babies are doing fine. Smokey healed up perfectly well and is backto her usual grumpy, moody, occaisionally giving kisses self. Speedyappears to bond with me more and more these days and beginning to enjoycuddling with me more during play time. Chipper hurt one of his backlegs the other day so he's feeling a little sore. I've had to give hima few butt baths here and there but he's coming along. I rescheduledhis neuter for May 21 due to some money issues that cropped up butthat's normal. Nipper is becoming the dominant rabbit around here andthat concerns me because other than Chipper, she tends to go afterevery other bun in the apartment.

I haven't heard anything new concerning my Mom of late but the last Iheard she was doing well and was expecting to go home from the hospitalany day.

I'll try not to let so much time go by between updates. :)

Wallace

Hi Guys,

I know it has been a very very long time since last I posted but there's been some changes to my work schedule and I'm having to put in overtime.

In addition, this past Friday I was handed a schedule of work-related conferences that I am supposed to attend. Each conference runs a week in length and I will have to start traveling in order to be in attendance. I will have to attend two of these conferences each month until the end of the year and add new pressures from my landlord, I am being forced to rehome my bunnies.

I've always felt guilty when I couldn't give the babies the amount of attention they deserve but now I just don't have the time to give them the care they need.

Soooo....

I'm putting a call out to the Community at large to anyone who could give one or all of them a good home. They are basically litterbox trained and are socialized to be friendly with people. They are also all spayed or neutered and in good health.

I feel terrible having to post this but unless I can find them good homes soon, I will be forced to put them up adoption at a local shelter that has expressed a willingness to accept them.

Thanks,

Wallace

oh Wallace, I am so sorry to hear this.

Are there any other alternatives to rehoming all of them? Say, maybe bonding two of them and keeping them together and finding someone to foster while youre away? Or keeping even one? I know how much you love your babies. I cant imagine how difficult this is for you.

I wish I was closer, I would watch them while youre away :(Please let us know if theres anything we can do to help.

Keeping you in my prayers

Haley

Haley wrote:
oh Wallace, I am so sorry to hear this.

Are there any other alternatives to rehoming all of them? Say, maybe bonding two of them and keeping them together and finding someone to foster while youre away? Or keeping even one? I know how much you love your babies. I cant imagine how difficult this is for you.

I wish I was closer, I would watch them while youre away :(Please let us know if theres anything we can do to help.

Keeping you in my prayers

Haley

Yeah that!

Crystal:(

I found out today that the conferences that I was supposed to be attending have been postponed for the near future. Also, I reached an accomodation with my Landlord on the bunnies. She agreed to allow two and only two to stay but the rest had to go.

What this means is that Nipper and Chipper will have to be rehomed this Friday and since I couldn't find anyone to take them, they will have to be put up for adoption at a shelter that I've visited before.

It's not a perfect solution but it's the best one I've got right now.

Wallace

Latest posts

Back