A New BLUE Litter!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are doing real well. They are 9 days old tonight, and weigh between 6.5 - 8 oz. (1/2 a lb.). Polly, their ears are 1 1/4" long tonight. LOL!)

9daysold-2.jpg

This little one had a tiny eye slit, his eyes are juuust starting to open, but the flash made him close it!
9daysold-1.jpg

This one got all snuggly in my hand and fell asleep!
9daysold-4.jpg

:woohooWOW C they are beautiful the color is great wish me luck I am going to breed my first blues next week hope the color comes close to yours they look great

I'd be so happy if I got a couple of pretty girls in this litter. Seems like my blue litters have been very buck heavy lately. No complaints, but I can certainly make room for a few girls!

I saw a beautiful conti in a pet shop today. He was dead bunny flopped and very absolutely gorgeous, just a tad big to fit in my bag, and a tad too much of a rabbit for me to bring him home :p Made me think of these cuties and how adorable they are :D

They sell them for £129.99 in Pets At Home, so no room for spontaneous buying. I desperately wanted him (I've always wanted a massive bun) and he looked so laid back and sweet, but I'm not sure I could justify exactly why I got another rabbit, lol.

Flashy wrote:
They sell them for £129.99 in Pets At Home, so no room for spontaneous buying. I desperately wanted him (I've always wanted a massive bun) and he looked so laid back and sweet, but I'm not sure I could justify exactly why I got another rabbit, lol.
:shock2: That's a lot of money! Almost $200 US dollars here! :shock: A real lot of money for a bunny.... (if I did my calculations right?)

Yup, you did them right. Means that there are no impulse buys, but obviously the buns spend longer there :(

I had a friend who got one straight from the breeder for £30 and then the next week saw her buns sister at Pets At Home forsale for £129.99, she got a good deal, lol.

WOW! I usually ask between $75 and $100 for my Flemish. (Discounts for 4-H and kids!). But they get "me" along with the bunny. I'm here for the life of the rabbit for any advice, help, rescue and surrenders.

(I used to sell them for less, but I suspected some people were not "keeping" them as pets, and I think if I charge more, they look at the rabbit as an investment and take better care of it.)

I'm really blessed because I do have people willing to wait for my giants.

And those people who buy your giants are blessed to have bought from such a good breeder :) I think your bunnies are very lucky, and these little ones will soon know that.

Any more eyes open?

I don't think pet shops should sell big bunnies.. just with how long they'll be there and all..

I paid £85 for Harvey, from his breeder.

A couple little slits this morning. I'll check them again tonight. Today is 10 days...

Tina is turning out to be an excellent mother. After I check them, she jumps in the box to make sure I put them back right! LOL! She actually pulls the hay and fur over them and tamps it down with her front feet. I think she's trying to hide the nest.

They all have such different personalities. I have moms that begrudgingly feed them twice a day and that's IT! And then I get others that actually are concerned every time they move or squeak. (Or I touch them!) Tina isn't mean or nasty, she's perfectly comfortable with me putting my hands in there. (Hmmmm, of course the carrot tops and romanine I bring her MIGHT be an incentive...). But she does check after I put the box back.

Latest posts

Back